(long-time listener and devotee, first time poster)
Friends, I received an email blast this morning that has all the typical arrogant and ultimately incoherent bluster based on ignorance so common from low-information tea party types, and I need your help exposing who the true "morons" are. I know the claims made about Social Security, Medicare, the Postal Service, etc. are specious, misleading, and downright lies; however, I don't have the many stats and figures that we hear daily on Thom's show at my fingertips to mount an effective rebuttal.
(An aside to Thom/Louise/Susan/whomever: I would love to see a "Water Cooler Talking Points" page on the TH website that would organize the material that Thom & Bernie et al dispense so fluently, so that we mere mortals are better armed for the "water-cooler wars".)
Please read the missive below and respond with your thoughts, and many thanks in advance.
Wal-Mart vs. The Morons
1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Martevery hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) thanTarget sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer,and most speak English.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in thehistory of the world.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food thanKroger and Safeway combined, and keepin mind they did this in only fifteen years.
8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than anyother store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers;this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.
11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores.(Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteenmiles of a Wal-Mart.
You may think that I am complaining,but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.
This should be read and understood by all Americans-Democrats, Republicans,EVERYONE!!
To President Obama and all 535 votingmembers of the Legislature,
It is now official-you are ALL corrupt morons:
A. The U.S. . Postal Service was establishedin 1775. You have had 234 years to get it rightand it is broke.
B. Social Security was established in 1935.You have had 74 years to get it rightand it is broke.
C. Fannie Mae was established in 1938.You have had 71 years to get it rightand it is broke.
D. War on Poverty started in 1964.You have had 45 years to get it right;$1 trillion of our money is confiscatedeach year and transferred to "the poor"and they only want more.
E. Medicare and Medicaid were establishedin 1965. You have had 44 years to get it rightand they are broke.
F. Freddie Mac was established in 1970.You have had 39 years to get it rightand it is broke.
G. The Department of Energy was created in1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil.It has ballooned to 16,000 employees witha budget of $24 billion a year and weimport more oil than ever before.You had 32 years to get it rightand it is an abysmal failure.
You have FAILED in every"government service" you have shoveddown our throats while overspending our tax dollars.
AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM???
Folks, if we keep this circulating. Maybe it will end up in the e-mails of some of our"duly elected" (they never read anything) and their staff will clue them in on how Americans feel.