What have you done for the environment?

46 posts / 0 new

What have you done other than complain about what others do? Here is what this conservative does.

1) I compost

2) I use a rain barrel for my outdoor watering needs.

3) When I feel especially energetic, I use the rain barrel water for my laundry.

4) My car gets 41 MPG

5) If possible, I use what God provides for free to dry my laundry. I don't like using coal. I hang it out. As a bonus, it smells terrific.

6) I supplement my heating with a wood burning fire place. It does release carbon, but it is not a fossil fuel, it is renewable and you don't have to blow the tops off of mountains to get it.

7) My AC does not come on if the temperature is 85 or less.

So you can imagine how annoyed I get when lectured by the likes of Al Gore who probably burns more coal in a day then I do in a year. Shut up Al and walk the talk.

As a conservative, I am always looking for other ways to conserve. What do you do?

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Comments

I would try to differentiate my "brand" from those who constantly dismiss and demean the arguments behind doing any of the things you cite that are environmentally friendly because it might give global climate change credibility. If you want to be an environmental champion conservative, you have to get to work on what your brand-mates say and do to prevent the widespread practice or possibility for others to do in league with you. Being the only environmentally sane conservative is "insane" as a place to make a stand. Unless it is all about "you" and what makes "you" and "your" special case into what all must buy as "real." That is not something we should buy as a substitute for reality either.

If you think that you can be a more effective advocate/agent for environmental responsibility as a conservative, working under-cover and from the "unexpected," go for it. We could use a few of you to work with the many of us for the environment. Be careful not to be taken captive and turned into a "double agent" for the polluters and profiteers. Bring 'em back alive!

DRC's picture
DRC
Quote rigel1:

What have you done other than complain about what others do? Here is what this conservative does.

1) I compost

3) When I feel especially energetic, I use the rain barrel water for my laundry.

4) My car gets 41 MPG

5) If possible, I use what God provides for free to dry my laundry. I don't like using coal. I hang it out. As a bonus, it smells terrific.

6) I supplement my heating with a wood burning fire place. It does release carbon, but it is not a fossil fuel, it is renewable and you don't have to blow the tops off of mountains to get it.

So you can imagine how annoyed I get when lectured by the likes of Al Gore who probably burns more coal in a day then I do in a year. Shut up Al and walk the talk.

As a conservative, I am always looking for other ways to conserve. What do you do?

I see what you did there. The end justifies the means. The end being ..saving money. Everything you listed saves you money and if that conserves energy along the way then so be it. As a conservative, you are always looking for other way to conserve money. Don't get me wrong. What you are doing is great but a little disingenuous.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

I live in a city that recycles just about everything there is to recycle and I do it.

Rather than buy a brand new car for myself that gets 41 mpg, I am driving the one I have until it is dead. The amount of pollution from building a car is greater than it would be if I just continue driving the one I have until it is dead.

I use compact flourescent lightbulbs and LEDs in my entire apartment. I tend to use natural light a lot.

I buy locally grown and organic foods. I buy foods and other products that intentionally limit their packaging.

I use cloth diapers for my children.

I don't buy bottled water.

I'm sure there is more but that is what I have right now. Before people begin to attack rigel too much, I think it is important for people to consider their own energy and waste usage. A surprisingly legitimate topic for rigel...

ah2
Quote Bush_Wacker:
Quote rigel1:

1) I compost

4) My car gets 41 MPG

I see what you did there. The end justifies the means. The end being ..saving money. Everything you listed saves you money and if that conserves energy along the way then so be it. As a conservative, you are always looking for other way to conserve money. Don't get me wrong. What you are doing is great but a little disingenuous.

You don't know me. If you did you would not have made the above statement. Nobody loves nature more than me. Nobody. I'm not Al Gore. I'm not looking to cash in.

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote ah2:

I live in a city that recycles just about everything there is to recycle and I do it.

Rather than buy a brand new car for myself that gets 41 mpg, I am driving the one I have until it is dead. The amount of pollution from building a car is greater than it would be if I just continue driving the one I have until it is dead.

I use compact flourescent lightbulbs and LEDs in my entire apartment. I tend to use natural light a lot.

I buy locally grown and organic foods. I buy foods and other products that intentionally limit their packaging.

I use cloth diapers for my children.

I don't buy bottled water.

I'm sure there is more but that is what I have right now. Before people begin to attack rigel too much, I think it is important for people to consider their own energy and waste usage. A surprisingly legitimate topic for rigel...

Ya'll need listen to ah2. A man of uncommon wisdom.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

I draw the line at cloth diapers. Been there, done that. grin

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
Quote Bush_Wacker:

I used to work in R&D on a diaper line. It can spit out about 900 diapers/minute. Can you imagine how much energy it takes to wash 900 cloth diapers?

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote rigel1:
Quote Bush_Wacker:

I used to work in R&D on a diaper line. It can spit out about 900 diapers/minute. Can you imagine how much energy it takes to wash 900 cloth diapers?

Holy crap! Pardon the bad pun. I'm not gonna ask if you had to test how well they worked. grin

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

I'm a vegetarian. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_vegetarianism

Zenzoe

OH MY GOD! I LOVE FREE SPEECH!

I am not there yet... but I am on my way!

Fletcher Christian

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian

This is "YEARS AGO" and being such... I don't have any "proof" of such.

I remember a caller chiming in to "Rush" and complaining that CARS didn't get as much mileage as they "used" to.

I distinctly remember RUSH becoming irritable at the notion and exclaiming, "The Mother of all invention is necessity!" "As of NOW, WE DON'T 'HAVE' TOO!"

He then went on to blather about that the government would "tax" the mileage on your car instead of your earnings and that you were "screwed" no matter what!

I immediately began to question everything this man said and everything I knew up to this point in time.

I know that there are some of you who will automatically say, "Why would you accept what a man says on the radio as gospel?" And to that I say, it's because I was raised NOT to question authority! All you know is, "ALL YOU KNOW!"

How do you know who you daddy is... it's because you're momma told you so.

See... "they" slip up... they "accidentally" tell us the TRUTH from time to time.

I LOVE Thom Hartmann... but I have learned MORE from right wing talk radio.

My Lord... I hope you all good hearted folks know what I am talking about.

It doesn't roll off of my back like a water off of a duck. I am HUMAN... it hurts.

So if you BLAST ON ME... please do so out of kindness.

Fletcher Christian
Quote Fletcher Christian:

This is "YEARS AGO" and being such... I don't have any "proof" of such.

I remember a caller chiming in to "Rush" and complaining that CARS didn't get as much mileage as they "used" to.

I distinctly remember RUSH becoming irritable at the notion and exclaiming, "The Mother of all invention is necessity!" "As of NOW, WE DON'T 'HAVE' TOO!"

He then went on to blather about that the government would "tax" the mileage on your car instead of your earnings and that you were "screwed" no matter what!

I immediately began to question everything this man said and everything I knew up to this point in time.

I know that there are some of you who will automatically say, "Why would you accept what a man says on the radio as gospel?" And to that I say, it's because I was raised NOT to question authority! All you know is, "ALL YOU KNOW!"

How do you know who you daddy is... it's because you're momma told you so.

See... "they" slip up... they "accidentally" tell us the TRUTH from time to time.

I LOVE Thom Hartmann... but I have learned MORE from right wing talk radio.

My Lord... I hope you all good hearted folks know what I am talking about.

It doesn't roll off of my back like a water off of a duck. I am HUMAN... it hurts.

So if you BLAST ON ME... please do so out of kindness.

FC. Most people who participate in political forums are hard core idealogues. The only thing they love more than being right, is the other guy being wrong. A lot of folks on the left claim to have an open mind. You certainly do have one. Never stop being your own man.

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote Zenzoe:

I like veggies too...but I also like chicken, fish and red meat...I like cake and ice cream too!.....I drink atleast 2 gallons of milk a week along with a pop a day and plenty of water.....I had really great sweet tea/chicken wings last sat. while eating out with my soon to be 83 year old dad....Sweet tea made with sugar is good. I like my morning coffee with sugar too....

Sprinklerfitter's picture
Sprinklerfitter

I refused to reproduce! beat that!

harry ashburn's picture
harry ashburn

No recycling or hemp clothing here. But I've cleaned up millions of gallons of contaminated surface and groundwater, and thousands of tons of contaminated soil while providing excellent jobs and careers for a few hundred people.

stwo's picture
stwo
Quote harry ashburn:

Not bad. I have no problem with people having two or three kids. But when we have families who have 7 or 8 that is totally irresponsible.We also reward the poor for having more children. And we allow uncontrolled immigration from countries who breed like rabbits. I'm not against the poor, God bless em. I just don't want them to have eight kids by five baby daddies. Bad idea on so many fronts. Then we have shows such as "19 kids and counting" that act as if having an army of brats is something cute. Well it ain't cute.

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote rigel1:
Quote harry ashburn:

Not bad. I have no problem with people having two or three kids. But when we have families who have 7 or 8 that is totally irresponsible.We also reward the poor for having more children. And we allow uncontrolled immigration from countries who breed like rabbits. I'm not against the poor, God bless em. I just don't want them to have eight kids by five baby daddies. Bad idea on so many fronts. Then we have shows such as "19 kids and counting" that act as if having an army of brats is something cute. Well it ain't cute.

Whoa, whoa.

This from the same guy who asks the question "How much wealth is too much?" It's nobody's business how much money a man earns or how he earns it as long as it's legal. This from the same guy who thinks that restricting the size of container he can buy a sody pop in is tyranny? Having too many kids is irresponsible to you? So having certain restrictions on poor people for the betterment of the country is ok but restriction upon the rich and the middle class is totally out of the question. THAT is so bad on so many fronts.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

I also keep bees without the use of chemicals and practice annual queen replacment with local virgin queens to foster diversity in the gene pool.

I heat my home with wood grown on a small sustainable woodlot.

I minimize my use of electricity, natural gas, and gasoline.

I actually do recycle a bit. In our area, like most areas, waste companies are required to provide recycle pick up, but only must recycle if market conditions provide a return, so all but the metals collected usually get landfilled- I only recycle metals since that market holds pretty well and nearly all is recycled.

I've lobbied and been involved with development of risk based environmental legislation which is contrary to my comapny's short term interest since it pays more to clean up to a lower standard ( most of my capitalist competitors lobby for lower and lower standrds regardless of risk posed to the environment).

stwo's picture
stwo
Quote Sprinklerfitter:
Quote Zenzoe:

I like veggies too...but I also like chicken, fish and red meat...I like cake and ice cream too!.....I drink atleast 2 gallons of milk a week along with a pop a day and plenty of water.....I had really great sweet tea/chicken wings last sat. while eating out with my soon to be 83 year old dad....Sweet tea made with sugar is good. I like my morning coffee with sugar too....

Fine. Just don't claim to care about the planet you live on. I mean, if you want to be one of the greedy, irresponsible members of our species, feel free. Just be honest about it.

Zenzoe

I recycle what i can.

Only use the Air when the swamp cooler i built out of spare parts is down.

The truck runs on bio fuel.

I clean up the rivers And lakes above And below the surface.

Conservatives like to conserve nature as well as freedom

workingman's picture
workingman
Quote Bush_Wacker:
Quote rigel1:
Quote harry ashburn:

Whoa, whoa.

This from the same guy who asks the question "How much wealth is too much?" It's nobody's business how much money a man earns or how he earns it as long as it's legal. This from the same guy who thinks that restricting the size of container he can buy a sody pop in is tyranny? Having too many kids is irresponsible to you? So having certain restrictions on poor people for the betterment of the country is ok but restriction upon the rich and the middle class is totally out of the question. THAT is so bad on so many fronts.

Hey B_W. Check the topic. Try not to change the subject. You brought up two items from unrelated forums. We're in the environmental forum now. Try to keep up.

And yes, I am a complicated, open minded man. Not locked in to any idealogy other than my own experience and wisdom. Frustrating ain't it?

Okay, can we get back to the topic now?

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote workingman:I recycle what i can. Only use the Air when the swamp cooler i built out of spare parts is down. The truck runs on bio fuel. I clean up the rivers And lakes above And below the surface. Conservatives like to conserve nature as well as freedom

Nice. Are you a diver?

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote rigel1:
Quote workingman:I recycle what i can. Only use the Air when the swamp cooler i built out of spare parts is down. The truck runs on bio fuel. I clean up the rivers And lakes above And below the surface. Conservatives like to conserve nature as well as freedom

Nice. Are you a diver?

Yep picked it up in the marines.

workingman's picture
workingman
Quote workingman:
Quote rigel1:

Nice. Are you a diver?

Yep picked it up in the marines.

Same here. I picked it up in the Marines.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

I actually work to comply with the epa's insane laws.

CollegeConservative's picture
CollegeConservative
Quote CollegeConservative:

I actually work to comply with the epa's insane laws.

The EPA is out of control. They did some great work in the past. But they have run out of major battles to fight. So they have to dig for technicalities and invent new violations to justify their existance and keep their funding levels high. They have resorted to hounding companies and individuals who are not doing any real environmental harm.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Conservation is always a smarter way to approach life and it is important for us to conserve for many reasons. I appreciate this topic for that reason. When it comes to diapers I can certainly undertand the preference for having disposables. Yet, We tend to forget about the environmental costs for producing those disposable diapers. Before the finished product ended up on the assembly line the materials were gown or removed from their source. These materials were handled & transported several times before they became a diaper. They are used once and then end up in the land fill.

Quote rigel1:
Quote Bush_Wacker:

This came from a friend:

Being Green

Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the older woman, that she should bring her own grocery bags because plastic bags weren't good for the environment.

The woman apologized and explained, "We didn't have this green thing back in my earlier days."

The young clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations."

She was right -- our generation didn't have the green thing in its day.

Back then, we returned milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled.

But we didn't have the green thing back in our day.

Grocery stores bagged our groceries in brown paper bags, that we reused for numerous things, most memorable besides household garbage bags, was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our schoolbooks. This was to ensure that public property, (the books provided for our use by the school) was not defaced by our scribblings. Then we were able to personalize our books on the brown paper bags.

But too bad we didn't do the green thing back then.

We walked up stairs, because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks.

But she was right. We didn't have the green thing in our day.

Back then, we washed the baby's diapers because we didn't have the throwaway kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts -- wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing.

But that young lady is right; we didn't have the green thing back in our day.

Back then, we had one TV, or radio, in the house -- not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of the state of Montana . In the kitchen, we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us. When we packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap. Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power. We exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity.

But she's right; we didn't have the green thing back then.

We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water. We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blades in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.

But we didn't have the green thing back then.

Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service. We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 23,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest burger joint.

But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the green thing back then?

media_muse

Oh yeah...as a ambidextrous patriotic liberal conservative I conserve by:

` Keeping my mouth shut when necessary

` Don't tell men how to live their lives

` Pack and take ALL of my trash and recyclables to the recycling center

`Don't buy heavy packaged items. This applies to food items as well as other items.

`Don't buy bottled water - if I need water I put some from our well in a recycled glass bottle and carry it with me.

`Don't buy Apple products.

`Use ethanol when I can find it - to fuel my vehicle with a cleaner souce of renewable fuel

`Walk when I can.

`don't use paper towels, napkins, paper plates, or plastic eating utensils.

`eat organic foods as much as possible, use mainly fresh foods.

`buy shampoo, conditioner, body lotion from local stories that sell products in bulk and refill the plastic bottles

`pick up beer bottles/cans left in the wilderness by thoughtless selfish beer guzzlers

`dry clothes in the sun

`use on demand hot water heater

`use the public library rather than buy new books,

`use on-line news sources for news (NO news paper)

ok...when I remember the others I'll post them.

Thanks rigel1.

media_muse

You should site some examples if you are going to make a statement like that! I happen to be very happy that we have an EPA and I do not believe they are out of control!

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Wow.....I can relate! :-) I was just a kid for most of that but I can relate. Yep....felt safe enough to walk to school.

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee
Quote media_muse:

Oh yeah...as a ambidextrous patriotic liberal conservative I conserve by:

` Keeping my mouth shut when necessary

` Don't tell men how to live their lives

` Pack and take ALL of my trash and recyclables to the recycling center

`Don't buy heavy packaged items. This applies to food items as well as other items.

`Don't buy bottled water - if I need water I put some from our well in a recycled glass bottle and carry it with me.

`Don't buy Apple products.

`Use ethanol when I can find it - to fuel my vehicle with a cleaner souce of renewable fuel

`Walk when I can.

`don't use paper towels, napkins, paper plates, or plastic eating utensils.

`eat organic foods as much as possible, use mainly fresh foods.

`buy shampoo, conditioner, body lotion from local stories that sell products in bulk and refill the plastic bottles

`pick up beer bottles/cans left in the wilderness by thoughtless selfish beer guzzlers

`dry clothes in the sun

`use on demand hot water heater

`use the public library rather than buy new books,

`use on-line news sources for news (NO news paper)

ok...when I remember the others I'll post them.

Thanks rigel1.

Not bad. Maybe I should be thanking you. There are talkers and complainers. But you are the real deal. Don't you love the way your clothes smell after they have been dried by God?

rigel1's picture
rigel1

media muse you realize that taking your own garbage and recycling to the dumb probably uses more gas then just letting the truck get it. I know there have been lots of articles on the gas inefficiency of those vehicles and the weight of the refuse but imagine if the entire country individually drove their refuse to the dump every week. That would be... really really bad...

ah2

Ahh..........ah2

I guess - you don't realize there can be more than one correct answer ? The garbage trucks can't / won't come up the road I live on.

I like your suggestion for the having of more awareness - around the wasteful use of the dump and inefficient gas / fossil fueled trucks. I suggest - If you are not already - do some conservation yourself. If as you say - "imagine if the entire country individually" cut back on all of their consumption and refuse, then they thereby considerably CONSERVE ENERGIES by cutting back of the use of gas & other inefficient fossil fuel polluting sources of energy. And keep more items from piling up wastefully in the dumpy land fills. Imagine...

I imagine if the entire country individually lived like I do - our country would be a vastly more equitable and regenerative place. That would be really really really AWEsomely cool !

Quote ah2:

media muse you realize that taking your own garbage and recycling to the dumb probably uses more gas then just letting the truck get it. I know there have been lots of articles on the gas inefficiency of those vehicles and the weight of the refuse but imagine if the entire country individually drove their refuse to the dump every week. That would be... really really bad...

media_muse

I live in one the top ten countries with the highest scoring on environmental performance .yale.edu/epi2012/rankings btw wood is also carbon neutral because trees convert more CO2 to O than is burned when heating.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

You're welcome rigel1. I am the real deal!

Yes, I do love the fresh delicious comforting smell of clothes / sheets dried with the divine wind & solar energies - Divinely given freely to us humans! I do also appreciate and use a dryer at times. Like most things - moderation or ought I say conservation is the key.

However, I do wonder - what has gone awry with folks who use soaps, fabric softeners, dryer sheets ALL LOADED WITH DEADLY CHEMICAL FRAGRANCES? I know folks who would rather keep using these toxic materials and then balance it out by going to the doctor for their allergy medications, cortisone skin creams or having their brain tumors removed.

Quote rigel1:Not bad. Maybe I should be thanking you. There are talkers and complainers. But you are the real deal. Don't you love the way your clothes smell after they have been dried by God?

media_muse
Quote media_muse:

You're welcome rigel1. I am the real deal!

Yes, I do love the fresh delicious comforting smell of clothes / sheets dried with the divine wind & solar energies - Divinely given freely to us humans! I do also appreciate and use a dryer at times. Like most things - moderation or ought I say conservation is the key.

However, I do wonder - what has gone awry with folks who use soaps, fabric softeners, dryer sheets ALL LOADED WITH DEADLY CHEMICAL FRAGRANCES? I know folks who would rather keep using these toxic materials and then balance it out by going to the doctor for their allergy medications, cortisone skin creams or having their brain tumors removed.

Quote rigel1:Not bad. Maybe I should be thanking you. There are talkers and complainers. But you are the real deal. Don't you love the way your clothes smell after they have been dried by God?

All right. I draw the line at declaring war against Snuggle bear.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

You know what I've done for the environment I've kept it warped or in my pants for the last 22 years not growing e population by mistake.

CollegeConservative's picture
CollegeConservative

You know what I've done for the environment I've kept it warped or in my pants for the last 22 years not growing e population by mistake.

Again, the ultimate environmental disaster is over population. So you have done more than most. But one thing Captain Kirk, I think you mean wrapped, not warped :)

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Gee whiz....

with a name like Bush_Wacker it seems you could find something safer to snuggle with and I hope you will ;~)

Quote Bush_Wacker:

All right. I draw the line at declaring war against Snuggle bear.

Quote media_muse:

1. Toxic Washing: When Doing Laundry is a Health Hazard | DIARY OF ...
  2. www.diaryofavegan.com/2010/07/toxic-washing/Toxic Washing: When Doing Laundry is a Health Hazard. July 5, 2010 | Animals, Health | .... That Snuggle fabric softener bear suddenly doesn't look so friendly.

"Growing up, I used to love the smell of freshly washed towels. Whenever the breeze would blow as they hung on the line to dry, I’d get a waft of fragrance that somehow made me think of all things lovely: a warm bath on a cold winter night or coming home after being away on vacation.

What I didn’t know back then is that comforting, fresh smell was actually nasty, toxic chemicals… chloroform, ethyl acetate and limonene (among many others)… dressed up as flowers, luring me in, to believe that I was as close to a lavender field as I could get without actually being in one.

Besides the carcinogenics, I also recently found out (thanks to www.thevegandecision.com) there’s another great reason to stop buying and using fabric softeners: animal tallow, or animal fat, if you will. Common, every day fabric softeners are a recipe made from dead animals and toxic chemicals, not a lavender field or bowl of fresh lemons in sight.

So what does this mean for the planet and our own health? These chemicals are detrimental to marine life, as they enter our waterways (whatever we put in a washing machine, toilet, dishwasher ends up in the environment). But once the towels and clothes are dry, how harmful can these chemicals be to our health? Extremely. Anything worn close to, or applied to the skin ends up in the blood stream.

Here’s an excerpt from Natural News:

Most fabric softener products—dryer sheets, for example—are positioned as being at least somewhat earth friendly thanks to a claim in the ingredients list that reads “biodegradable fabric softeners.” Unfortunately, the second ingredient in fabric softeners is “fragrance,” and the fragrance chemicals are so highly toxic that they cause cancer in humans and are extremely destructive to aquatic ecosystems downstream. Merely drying your clothes with common dryer sheets, then washing them the next time you do laundry unleashes a chemical tidal wave of toxicity that is shockingly harmful to (you and) the environment.

According to the Environmental Protection Agency (US), here’s a list of what you can expect to find:

ALPHA-TERPINEOL Causes CNS (central nervous system) disorders… “highly irritating to mucous membranes” …”Aspiration into the lungs can produce pneumonitis or even fatal edema.” Can also cause “excitement, ataxia (loss of muscular coordination), hypothermia, CNS and respiratory depression, and headache.” “Prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact.

BENZYL ACETATE Carconigenic (linked to pancreatic cancer). “From vapors: irritating to eyes and respiratory passages, exciting cough.” “In mice: hyperanemia of the lungs.” “Can be absorbed through the skin causing systemic effects.” “Do not flush to sewer.”

BENZYL ALCOHOL Causes CNS disorders … “irritating to the upper respiratory tract” …”headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, drop in blood pressure, CNS depression, and death in severe cases due to respiratory failure.”

CAMPHOR Causes CNS disorders. On EPA’s Hazardous Waste list. Symptoms: “local irritant and CNS stimulant” …”readily absorbed through body tissues” …”irritation of eyes, nose, and throat” …”dizziness, confusion, nausea, twitching muscles and convulsions”. “Avoid inhalation of vapors.”

CHLOROFORM Neurotoxic. Anesthetic. Carcinogenic. on EPA’s Hazardous Waste list. “Avoid contact with eyes, skin, clothing. Do not breathe vapors …Inhalation of vapors may cause headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, drowsiness, irritation of respiratory tract and loss of consciousness.” “Inhalation can be fatal.” “Chronic effects of overexposure may include kidney and/or liver damage.” “Medical conditions generally aggravated by exposure: kidney disorders, liver disorders, heart disorders, skin disorders.” “Conditions to avoid: Heat…” Listed on California’s Proposition 65.

ETHYL ACETATE Narcotic. On EPA’s Hazardous Waste list. “…Irritating to the eyes and respiratory tract” …”may cause headache and narcosis (stupor)” …”may cause anemia with leukocytosis and damage to liver and kidneys”. “Wash thoroughly after handling.”

LIMONENE Carcinogenic. “Prevent its contact with skin or eyes because it is an irritant and sensitizer.” “Always wash thoroughly after using this material and before eating, drinking …applying cosmetics. Do not inhale limonene vapor.”

LINALOOL Narcotic. Causes CNS disorders. …”respiratory disturbances” …”Attracts bees.” “In animal tests: ataxic gait, reduced spontaneous motor activity and depression …depressed heart activity …development of respiratory disturbances leading to death.”

PENTANE “Danger – Harmful if inhaled …Avoid breathing vapor.” “Inhalation of vapors may cause headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, drowsiness, irritation of respiratory tract and loss of consciousness. Repeated inhalation of vapors may cause CNS depression. Contact can cause eye irritation. Prolonged exposure may cause dermatitis (skin rash).”

Relevant Facts:

• CNS = Central Nervous System, your brain and spine.
  • CNS disorders include: Alzheimer’s Disease, Attention Deficit Disorder, Dementia, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Seizures, Strokes, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
  • CNS exposure symptoms include: aphasia, blurred vision, disorientation, dizziness, headaches, hunger, memory loss, numbness in face, pain in neck and spine.

media_muse

One of the largest hazardous storage rooms I've encountered in a manufacturing plant was a Lifesavers Candy plant. Drums of flavorings and coloring were very hazardous in those concentrations- only a minute amount is used in each candy, but even after many years in the cleanup business, I was taken aback by the huge storeroom with level A suits at the door, secondary containment, etc. In a CANDY plant?

stwo's picture
stwo

Ahem......

it could be "warped" - I've seen one.

Quote rigel1:

Again, the ultimate environmental disaster is over population. So you have done more than most. But one thing Captain Kirk, I think you mean wrapped, not warped :)

media_muse

As a City councilor were are currently reworking the enviromental overlays protecting water sources and upland habitat.

Capital.0's picture
Capital.0

What city?

We have deposits on plastic beverage bottles, glass beverage bottles, and aluminum cans for beverages. The machine that returns your deposit takes all of them bottom first and separates them and tallies your refund. The machines put tool makers to work making them, and the recycle part of the system made more jobs.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

I have posted a great deal about CHEMTRAILS and got called a bunch of names by people who "supposedly" care about our environment and the people that live in it.

I then pointed out that they are hypocrites for doing so.

One time... I went on a "thread" that was titled, "What Have You Done For The Environment?" and I wrote the following:

I have posted a great deal about CHEMTRAILS and got called a bunch of names by people who "supposedly" care about our environment and the people that live in it.

Then I brought up The United Nations doctrine of AGENDA 21 and how it calls for poisoning us and taking over independent farm land and handing it over to dictators that will then enact the Kissenger Doctrine of using FOOD AS A WEAPON... and then I called a bunch of names by people who "supposedly" care about our environment and the people that live in it.

You know... just doing "my part".

Fletcher Christian
Quote Fletcher Christian:

I then pointed out that they are hypocrites for doing so.

One time... I went on a "thread" that was titled, "What Have You Done For The Environment?" and I wrote the following:

Then I brought up The United Nations doctrine of AGENDA 21 and how it calls for poisoning us and taking over independent farm land and handing it over to dictators that will then enact the Kissenger Doctrine of using FOOD AS A WEAPON... and then I called a bunch of names by people who "supposedly" care about our environment and the people that live in it.

You know... just doing "my part".

1) How do they convince these pilots to dump chemicals on their own families and friends?

2) Why do the sinister chemtrail people want to have chemicals dumped on themselves?

3) How many thousands of people would it take to pull of an operation of this magnitude and how the hell could you possibly keep everyone quiet? EVERY organization has mal-contents and people who have second thoughts about what they are doing. The Obama administration can't keep just a few people from blabbing about top secret info. Keeping thousands of people quiet and happy is totally impossible.

Chemtrails are a fairy tale.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Currently Chatting

Earth's credit card has been maxed out!

If Earth's resources were a credit card, we have already maxed out our entire allocation for this year. The think thank Global Footprint Network announced that August 19th was “Earth Overshoot Day,” meaning that all the resources we use after that day exceed what our planet can produce in a single year.