Why is it the Republicans are so evil

15 posts / 0 new

I agree is some of the progressive thought.

I do not understand why the republicans are so evil, vile greedy and the democrats are benevilant, saintly, lovely, and sinless Its always the other party who are greedy selfish rich corrupt. From what I listen on the radio I get impression they do not have sin, they cannot be bought, they do not waste money. Are you asking the democrats are you being bought by a corprate lobbests, are you asking them about about those pet projects they want to give to their friends. All those polioticans are there not because god dropped them out of the sky...some company gave them money because they want a favor.

joemiddle's picture
joemiddle

Comments

Tom

I do not hear you ask senator B how many lobbiest bought him lunches, how many litttle attrachments did you put on a bill, or are you returning a corprate favor for someone bought you a beer, lunch, weekend trip.

joemiddle's picture
joemiddle

The GOP doesn't waste money? How about that $1 trillion they pissed away on a needless war against Iraq while letting Afghanistan fester and get worst? What about that 5 trillion they spent under Bush2 and refused to pay for? Did you know Bush pissed away 2.9 TRILLION just in interest during his 8 years?

The real problem with the GOP is they've adopted a cynical strategy to get rid of New Deal and Great Society programs and regulations they've always hated. They could never run on that platform so they sabotaged revenue with irresponsible tax cuts, then ran up as much debt as they could. To gain public support for such fiscal irresponsibility they began an Orwellian propaganda campaign to redefine the irresponsible as just the opposite… that tax cuts which decreased revenue actually created revenue booms, or that all budget problems were spending never because of a lack of revenue. Yet in constant dollars Bush's revenues only exceeded Clinton's last year in 2 of his 8 years… and then a paltry 140 billion in 2005 dollars. The Orwellian Right has sabotaged the collective IQ of the right wing base to the point that commonsense solutions are now off the table.

The GOP was hoping for the day deficits/debt would be so great they'd go in for the kill and say... hey, we're trying to SAVE programs like Medicare and Social Security when they intended to slowly dismantle them. And this is the pattern you see over and over again with the Right. Bush bragged he took 5 million off the income tax rolls then 10 years later the Right is complaining that those non-tax payers are getting away with murder and the rich are paying too much… even under a tax code designed to BENEFIT them. The "obvious" solution is to tax the poor more, and the rich even less.

Bottom line: deliberate fiscal irresponsibility, the willful undermining of the finances of government and its ability to deal with emergencies is akin to treason in my book.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Liberals believe that humanity trumps money or power.

Conservatives believe that money and power trumps humanity.

That is a broadbrush statement and doesn't include everyone but it's pretty fair as far as I can see.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

Progressives believe that everyone who works in the private sector is evil and greedy and everyone who works in the government with a D after their name is pure as the driven snow.

Progressives have never seen a government program that should not be funded, even if we have to borrow all the money for that program, the more we have to borrow, the better

Progressives believe that everyone should be 100% dependant on the goverment for their existance.

Progressives believe that all people who have and make enough money to not be dependant on the government for their existance obviously stole all their money and they should immeadiately turn it over to them.

A few of the above statements may be a bit of a stretch, but not much.

mauiman58's picture
mauiman58

Maui just showed why many people think that republicans are so evil. He used every negative that he could to try and make progressives look bad. Of course he's totally off base. Progressives hate government programs. Government programs are the ultimate neccesary evil. If all people treated each other with dignity and a sense of justice then there would be no need for government programs. That is ultimately what progressives want. They want to progress to a point where greed and gluttony have no known significance.

As long as people like Maui are around there will always be a need for government help to those getting screwed over by the greedy, me me me system. In a nutshell, if there were no republicans then there would be no need for government assistance. It's kind of ironic isn't it?

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

If Progressives hate government programs, why do they propose so many of them?

Sorry the elected officials with a D after their name are just as greedy as anyone else. They use tax dollars to buy themselves votes, then blast anyone who dares to stand in their way.

mauiman58's picture
mauiman58
Quote mauiman58:

If Progressives hate government programs, why do they propose so many of them?

Sorry the elected officials with a D after their name are just as greedy as anyone else. They use tax dollars to buy themselves votes, then blast anyone who dares to stand in their way.

I am truly sorry that the whole concept goes right over your head.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

No one is evil. They're just operating within the framework of our system: everyone wants to get reelected, and everyone who spends more money gets reelected.

I think Democrats/liberals acknowledge that reality and Republicans/conservatives deny it.

chilidog
Quote Bush_Wacker:

Conservatives believe that money and power trumps humanity.

Painting with a broad brush I might agree. The Right's love of an unregulated market puts all the power in the hands of those with money. It's a tyranny of money over people. Democracy is when everyone has the same power to vote regardless for no other reason than they are citizens and the Right seems to have a distaste of that concept... unless that democracy can be bought by money, of course!

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote mauiman58:If Progressives hate government programs, why do they propose so many of them?
If the Right wasn't so determined to drive down the living standards of ordinary people we might not need so many safety net programs. The Right does everything in its power to undermine unions, the minimum wage, export jobs and bring in cheap imports, etc then it complains that the safety net is too expensive. Can we agree that if the Right did NOT undermine living standards, people could be more independent?

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote mauiman58:Progressives believe that everyone should be 100% dependant on the goverment for their existance.

Gee, if Rush says that, it must be true. There's no better way to discredit programs that do good, then to find some way to attack motives and twist them into a negative.

Problem is that argument only works with those who have already sabotage their own intellects by trusting the Orwellian Right to be honest.

I LOVE the private sector. But I know the secret to a functional economy is when BOTH the public and private sectors bootstrap each other to higher levels of prosperity. Just ask yourself the question... what is a killer idea worth in an impoverished nation without the legal, monetary, banking, physical, public health, law enforcement infrastructures to exploit that idea? The answer is that idea would be worth NOTHING. The Right claims people earn everything on their own, but it's a lie. The Right's war on the public sector is the path to lower prosperity for most even as the rich prosper even more. .

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Perhaps Republicans are evil because evil people have taken over the GOP. They would have had more trouble taking over the Democratic Party. Taking over the GOP was the path of least resistance.

Progressives have never seen a government program that should not be funded, even if we have to borrow all the money for that program, the more we have to borrow, the better

You mean like the Afghanistan and Iraq war? The GOP may like to cut government programs as long as they are NOT wars.

captbebops's picture
captbebops

The GOP's priorities are screwed up: They love war and money more than the love people, and that is evil. I agree with Captbebops that the GOP represents the path of least resistance for the triumph of greed. By the way, where do conservatives find these people who cannot even write a coherent, correctly spelled sentence? They must be scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

Conservatives believe that money and power humps -- oops I mean trumps -- humanity. Well stated, Bush_Wacker.

Natural Lefty's picture
Natural Lefty

The GOP is Greed On Parade or Greedy Oil Party. By and large it works like this. Corporate fat cats want certain laws overturned that hurt their profit margins: (pollution standards, worker standards, union collective barganining, minimum wages, etc.), and want certain laws put into place that protect their profit margins like the laws that says Monsanto doesn't have to label GMOs, or the corn subsidies for ConAgra and Monsanto and the oil depletion allowance subsidies for big oil, etc. So they back a smarmy selfish, flag waving, cross bearing, materialistic prick for office, throw money at their campaigns, attack their opponents and then get their guy into office because Americans are easily distracted and easy to manipulate with false religions, false patriotism and feigned outrage. Then in this quid pro quo system the venal politician makes deals to support bills that the corporate heads lobby for, or hire lobbyist to write up, and they get the bills passed. There is very little risk to said little greedy coward because even if the public wises up too late and vote's the little prick out of office he has already made a deal with the corporate board to either become a well paid lobbyist or to join their board or become their CEO. I present Dick Cheney as evidence. There are myriad more. Ron Paul is an exception to admire even if you don't like his economics.

As for democrats, most feel they have to play the game in order to stay in the game so they can do some good for the people, but too many end up as lite versions of the same GOPimps. Kucinich and Sanders are clear exceptions.

Choco's picture
Choco

Currently Chatting