200 local governments want to overturning Citizens United

5 posts / 0 new

The Senate Judiciary Committee is taking a closer look at the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision that made all these SuperPACs possible. In July – the Committee will hold hearing on the impact of Citizens United and the variety of constitutional amendments that have been introduced to overturn the radical ruling.

As Judiciary Chairman – Democratic Senator Patrick Leahy – said: “The devastating effects of the Court’s divisive decision in Citizens United are already being felt in states and communities across the country…This hearing will explore and evaluate a number of constitutional amendment proposals that have been introduced.”

Around the nation – more than 200 local governments have passed resolutions calling for an amendment overturning Citizens United – and more than 100 Members of Congress support the effort. Go to Move To Amend.org to keep the pressure on.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

What does the "EXECUTIVE ORDER" have say about it?

That's seems to be what matters.

STATES RIGHTS/FEDERAL RIGHTS... CONSTITUTION/BILL OF RIGHTS... SUPREME COURT/CONGRESS... all of their work doesn't add up to a bucket of warm spit!

All of our sacred institutions immediately go by the wayside when an EXECUTIVE ORDER comes into play.

Go ahead... tell me where I am wrong?

... NOT WORTH A BUCKET OF WARM SPIT!

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian

My, my. I think the invective was a lot better when John Nance Garner used it.

Art's picture
Art

If companies cant donate as much as the want why should unions be able to?

CollegeConservative's picture
CollegeConservative
If companies cant donate as much as the want why should unions be able to?
What makes you think that anybody is discriminating between companies and Unions?

Art's picture
Art

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.