Al-Qaeda underwear bomber 'was US double agent'...and Curveball.

5 posts / 0 new

This was the story released nationwide yesterday.

US 'foils new underwear bomb plot' by al-Qaeda in Yemen May 8, 2012

The alleged device was seized in the Middle East after a CIA operation in Yemen and is being studied by the FBI.

Reports say no target had been chosen and no plane tickets purchased by the time the alleged plot was foiled.

Officials say there was never any risk to the public. It is not clear what has happened to the would-be bomber.

Peter King, chairman of the Homeland Security Committee of the US House of Representatives, said counter-terrorism officials had told him: "We don't have to worry about him any more."

The officials revealed that the would-be bomber was alive, but would not say whether he was in foreign custody, Mr King added.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the foiled attack was proof of the continuing need for vigilance around the world.

"These terrorists keep trying. They keep trying to devise more and more perverse and terrible ways to kill innocent people," she said.

US officials said the device had been seized in an unspecified Middle Eastern country outside Yemen within the last 10 days....

This is the story today.

Al-Qaeda underwear bomber 'was US double agent'

... Officials told US media that the would-be bomber had been recruited by Saudi Arabia's intelligence agency and sent to Yemen where he infiltrated the militants' cell.

The BBC's Steve Kingstone in Washington says the double-agent was reportedly given an ambitious task by Saudi intelligence - to convince AQAP that he wanted to blow up himself and a US-bound aircraft.

The agent was given the device which he then delivered to the CIA and Saudi officials.

The New York Times reports that the double-agent is now safe in Saudi Arabia....

... The agent also provided intelligence that led the CIA to conduct a drone strike in Yemen on Sunday that killed AQAP leader Fahd al-Quso, the New York Times reported.

Quso was wanted in connection with the bombing of the American destroyer USS Cole in Yemen 12 years ago. The US was offering a $5m (£3.1m) reward for information leading to his capture or death.

US officials told ABC News that Quso had been planning an attack similar to the failed 2009 attempt to blow up a passenger plane.

The device seized from Yemen shares some features with the bomb sewn into the underwear of would-be suicide bomber Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab during that attempt, officials said....

Whoa. Wait a minute. I have a few questions about this story.

The carrier of the alleged device was himself a US intelligence agent? So does this mean a US intelligence agency foiled a plot shopped around by a US intelligence agency? And then the same article has a story of a drone attack in Yemen, but really doesn’t say if the target had anything to do with the actual US intelligence “double agent” plot of yesterday, or if the execution was retaliation for a sting operation some US intelligence agency originated themselves in Yemen. There are isolated pieces of release informaton: the sting operation, the allege device, the drone execution, and terrorist Ibrahim al-Asiri all thrown into the stew—but what is the whole picture? The truth is the whole--connection isn't cause. There are a lot gaps in this narrative leading the reader to make all kinds of assumptions even if the reader happened to find the second article explaining that the sting operation arrestee was a “double agent.”

In a CBS video interview about this story there are many other ambiguities that where not cleared up because details are not explained for ‘’obvious reasons.” So the intelligence agency controls the key defining information. Is this another “Curveball” story? For all we know the “double agent” could be Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi but we will never know because “Intelligence agencies and senior officials tell CBS News they're not going anywhere near commenting on the issue for obvious reasons.

One of the media journalist on the CBS story is news correspondent John Miller, a former assistant director at the FBI. Wait a minute! The CBS News correspondent is a former FBI agent! LOL!!!!

John Miller is a senior correspondent for CBS News, with extensive experience in intelligence, law enforcement and journalism, including stints in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the FBI.

CBS news? Welcome to KGB news. Let me say it again: the CBS correspondent is a former FBI assistant director!

It all sounds like a load of steaming, stinking shit. The story has all the attributes of propaganda to justify more intrusive searches at the airports including pre-check programs of passengers even before arriving at the airport. Secondly, this news story connects an execution of a terrorist suspect at its conclusion and is designed to psychologically condition the reader to become desensitized to routine drone assassinations. Lastly, I think this story hypes terrorism stories to justify the expansion and privatization the security industry—in other words this is more fear propaganda for making money!

You know what this story smells like? Take a big turd and place it on a block of ice...that what this story smells like.

Antifascist's picture
Antifascist

Comments

Does make it sound like they are busy protecting us, doesn't it? Goes right along with all these popular television shows that showcase all this wonderful modern anti terrorist surveillance technology. I happened to see some program called NCIS Los Angeles at a friend's house awhile ago. Something to do with one of the many compartmentalized intelligence units, this one related to the Navy and crime, a lot of high tech surveillance equipment used for tracking the bad guys only, of course, and the heroic attractive team doing their thing, one of whom happens to be an ex Navy Seal, gotta have one of those around; another a Ninja woman. They make no effort to hide the cameras all over Los Angeles that help them. I guess it's a popular show. People seem to like living in an Orwellian police state. I stay out of the cities, myself.

.ren's picture
.ren

And so I'm reading this Glenn Greenwald article linked from Truthdig.com, where I also found another version of your article on the double agent in Yemen and I'm seeing the underlying plot going on here because Greenwald, being a civil rights and constitutional lawyer, is hip to the law and how the President gets to abuse it, this particular President being particularly good at translating it with words that don't make him sound like he's retarded. But then, considering they are both lawyers, who can you trust? The link is of course the cover of the war on drugs along with the cover of the war on terror as an excuse to use the police state on us ordinary people while letting the Looter Elites (coined by Ernest Callenbach in his final essay found on his computer after he died last April 16) walk.

Glenn Greenwald Smokes out Obama

Quote Glenn Greenwald:

Aside from the fact that Obama’s claim about the law is outright false — as Jon Walker conclusively documents, the law vests the Executive Branch with precisely the discretion he falsely claims he does not have to decide how drugs are classified — it’s just extraordinary that Obama is affirming the “principle” that he can’t have the DOJ “turn the othe way” in the face of lawbreaking. As an emailer just put it to me: “Interesting how this principle holds for prosecuting [medical] marijuana producers in the war on drugs, but not for prosecuting US officials in the war on terror. Or telecommunications companies for illegal spying. Or Wall Street banks for mortgage fraud.”

That’s about as vivid an expression of the President’s agenda, and his sense of justice, and the state of the Rule of Law in America, as one can imagine. The same person who directed the DOJ to shield torturers and illegal government eavesdroppers from criminal investigation, and who voted to retroactively immunize the nation’s largest telecom giants when they got caught enabling criminal spying on Americans, and whose DOJ has failed to indict a single Wall Street executive in connection with the 2008 financial crisis or mortgage fraud scandal, suddenly discovers the imperatives of The Rule of Law when it comes to those, in accordance with state law, providing medical marijuana to sick people with a prescription.

The good news is, Obama is not as crazy sounding as the Republicans, so you'd better vote for and legitimize him as our leader or you'll get one of them.

.ren's picture
.ren

as you said

"this is more fear propaganda for making money!"

Quote Antifascist:

Lastly, I think this story hypes terrorism stories to justify the expansion and privatization the security industry—in other words this is more fear propaganda for making money!

You know what this story smells like? Take a big turd and place it on a block of ice...that what this story smells like.

really stinky story it is. A few weeks back awesome Seymour Hirsch told Amy Goodman he didn't believe much of what the US government says. I appreciated his validation of my observations.

Although I admit I continue to find these happenings mind boggling. I heard yesterday about "Mindset Selling" - clearly our government has a mindset it is selling us. Hmm... that's not really correct is it? Actually they sell their war mongering propoganda via the media corporapers - using our tax dollars to create these crazy schemes. Next OUR tax dollars provide money for the FBI to develop a corporate media sperminator - another revolving door of tax payer money boosting the profits of the corporate rapists. OUR tax dollars being used to decimate OUR freedoms. It doesn't get any better than this for our over lords. With the exception of course as a direct giveaway like the financial baron banksters received.

"John Miller is a senior correspondent for CBS News, extensive experience in intelligence, extensive law enforcement and journalism, including stints in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the FBI."

media_muse

Not to be confused with the killing in Ferguson, but A.M. Brown has been busy and it seems like the media is okay with selling fear as long as it's just an abstract thing or another undercover FBI sting-op.

April 27, 2014 Leroy Henderson, 30, is killed in Skyway, WA. There is so little interest in finding the killer of this young black man that his family has to put up a $1000 reward to get help in finding out what happened.

June 26, 2014 Brendan Tevlin, 19, of Livingston, NJ is found shot dead in a Land Rover parked near Walker Rd. The Investigators insinuate the white college student appeared to have been targeted (you know - like in some kind of drug deal).

July 13, 2014 Six people are wounded by shots fired in Skyway, WA. LE has no clues.

July 15, 2014 Ahmed Said, 27, and Dwane Anderson Young, 23, both young men of color, are shot dead in Seattle, WA.

Just days later A.M.Brown, 29, was arrested back in NJ. He was apparently having no trouble flying back and forth across the country. He is quoted as saying the reason for the shootings is to compensate for U.S. killings in Iraq and Afghanistan.

As of yet, neither the CIA or FBI has come forward and claimed him as one of their own even though his name sounds made to order: Ali Muhammad Brown (and said to be a devout Muslim).

Rodger97321's picture
Rodger97321

Currently Chatting

Time for America to dump "homeland"...

It’s time to do away with the word “homeland." As the situation with ISIS continues to escalate, and as worries about terrorist attacks on American soil continue to spread, we’re hearing the term “homeland” mentioned more and more.