Army Admits Re-Education Camp Manual “Not Intended For Public Release”

10 posts / 0 new

Army Admits Re-Education Camp Manual “Not Intended For Public Release”

Public Affairs Director falsely claims document does not apply within U.S.

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fort Leonard Wood Public Affairs director Tiffany Wood has provided the first official response to the shocking U.S. Army document that outlines the implementation of re-education camps, admitting that the manual was “not intended for public release” and claiming that its provisions only apply outside the United States, a contention completely disproved by the language contained in the document itself.

After a reader sent Wood a link to where the manual, entitled FM 3-39.40 Internment and Resettlement Operations (PDF), can be downloaded on the army.mil website (but only by military employees with special credentials), Wood responded by stating that the document should not be in the public domain.

“The document was not intended for public release,” said Wood, adding, “Any other questions regarding the
document, you will need to file a FOIA request.”

This means that either hackers have obtained access to a secure military website and downloaded the manual or it was leaked by a military employee concerned about the content of the document.

As we have exhaustively illustrated, the document is a training manual for U.S. Army personnel that details how to treat detainees incarcerated in prison camps both abroad and inside the United States.

The manual outlines how officers will develop programs to “indoctrinate” “political activists” incarcerated in detention camps into developing an “understanding and appreciation of U.S. policies and actions.” The document also explains how “reeducating the I/R facility population or setting the stage for acceptance of future operations,” is the responsibility of ‘PSYOP’ personnel within the camp.

The document also makes clear that the internment facility is not only a re-education camp but also a forced labor camp. Page 277 of the manual states, “Detainees constitute a significant labor force of skilled and unskilled individuals. These individuals should be employed to the fullest extent possible in work that is needed to construct, manage, perform administrative functions for, and maintain the internment facility.”

The manual also directs that political activists be confined to isolation and that prisoners be silenced using by “muffling them with a soft, clean cloth tied around their mouths and fastened at the backs of their heads.”

In her email response, Wood falsely claims that, “The document is intended for operations outside of the continental United States. Depending on the nature and magnitude of an event will determine the level of U.S. military involvement.”

As we have proven using only direct quotations and screenshots from the manual, it is clearly designed to be applied both abroad and “within U.S. territory,” including against “civilian detainees” incarcerated for “security reasons, for protection, or because he or she committed an offense against the detaining power,” as part of “domestic civil support operations” involving FEMA and the Department of Homeland Security.

The manual also details how prisoners will be identified by their “social security number,” another glaring confirmation that the rules apply to U.S. citizens.

The document makes it clear on page 193 that the rules apply to processing American detainees on U.S. soil so long as the President passes an executive order to nullify Posse Comitatus, the law that forbids the U.S. military from engaging in domestic law enforcement.

It is clear from Wood’s response that she has either not read the documents properly or has been directed to downplay their significance by asserting they do not apply within the United States, a claim clearly disproved by the numerous references within the manual to how its instructions can be applied as part of “domestic civil support operations.”

http://www.prisonplanet.com/army-admits-re-education-camp-manual-not-intended-for-public-release.html

antikakistocrat's picture
antikakistocrat

Comments

That's just "crazy talk" according to the EXPERTS! You know, Phaedrus76, DRC, & Dr. Econ. They are the sage's of sound wisdom... my arse!

Don't believe factual stories that the main stream media chooses not to cover.

Only believe the statements made by the "Three Stooges of Dirge".

We'll ALL be happier that way. "OUR TEAM" will win and by proxy... "we'll" be winners! Yay!

Obama is a "good guy". He couldn't show it during his 1st term, he'll show it in his 2nd. He's so clever!

BTW, a VOTE for Romney is a vote for Obama. So do not vote for Romney.

Vote your conscious.

There is NO WAY someone's conscious ON THIS SITE is telling them to vote for Obama. You cats are too smart to fall for the stoolies!

I have come to the conclusion that even if my vote is "thrown away" it's STILL counted by SOMEBODY! (Then, thrown away! But... it IS counted first. If they want a comprehensive voter tally, and I know that they do... it will be counted... just not publicly counted.)

That "somebody" will know that I don't believe in what Peter Tosh called, "The Shitstem". The more people that don't believe in "The Shitstem"... the better.

You don't believe in "The Shitstem", so don't pretend that you do!

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian
Quote Fletcher Christian:...Vote your conscious[sic].

Rational people do things because the extra bennefit is greater than the extra cost.

A vote for Obama is a vastly greater bennefit than a vote form Romney. Thus, you should vote for Obama.

But then, some people aren't rational and do things because their emotions or invisible friends tell them to.

Dr. Econ's picture
Dr. Econ

You vote for either it'll be a vote for BILDERBERG and a GLOBALIST AGENDA !!!!

RON PAUL 2012 !!!!!! The only real choice.

antikakistocrat's picture
antikakistocrat

A vote for Romney IS a vote for Obama. A vote for Obama is a vote for Romney.

It's almost like "they" planned it that way...

Holy Crap! I've got some reading to do!

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian
Quote antikakistocrat:

You vote for either it'll be a vote for BILDERBERG and a GLOBALIST AGENDA !!!!

RON PAUL 2012 !!!!!! The only real choice.

Are you insane? Paul would strip away the last remaining bits of regulations on corporate fraud, manipulation and exploitation. It is exactly what is causing today's problems.

Dr. Econ's picture
Dr. Econ

When I actually looked at the document, I discovered that it was a new revision of a document that goes back at least as far as 1976. Apparently, the Army has always maintained plans for Prisoner of War facilities.

It's funny that people are getting hysterical over this kind of thing.

Art's picture
Art

Also, the designation "re-education camp" does not seem to appear anywhere except in postings by hysterical bloggers and talk-show hosts.

Art's picture
Art

Anybody not concerned with the evolution of the Unitary Executive beginning in the Reagan Administration, and begun by a group of right wing legal scholars and attorneys -- The Federalist Society started in 1982 -- is missing out on a chance to observe a potentially significant political force in the transition of our national politics from a nation concerned with bettering and civilizing ourselves starting around 1776, to a globalist, neoliberal, transnational corporate orientation. Some call that orientation "empire", but that's a difficult term to apply in its commonly accepted strict definition.

The United States as a federal entity has evolved into one of history's most notable mass military institutions. At this moment in time, all the other military-related entities on the planet (nation states in name for the most part) together do not equal the expenditure and the mass destructive power of the United States' Military Industrial Complex.

Whenever a relatively small group of elites get their hands on that kind of power, history has demonstrated to us, time and time again, that they often become (or perhaps they are simply the ever-present sociopathic elements) compromised in their moral and ethical understanding of how to behave as part of the whole human community, and they end up using the hierarchically organized power at their disposal for ends that often involve incredible civil societal destruction along with cavalier violations of individual human rights in the process.

Personally, my observation of the U.S. military since I was first involved back in Vietnam is that it is among the least civilized entities on this planet, combined with being one of the most thoroughly authoritarian in structure. That people in this nation idolize it, consider becoming a part of it to be a form of extreme patriotism also gives me pause to think about the civilizing potential of this nation, its constitution and its rule of law.

I've downloaded and begun reading the U.S Army Internment and resettlement pdf document, and I must say, it conforms to my expectations about the mechanistic, authoritarian, ultimately inhumane organization that will, as commanded, carry out an efficient internment and resettlement program if so directed. And if we have no counter legislative or judicial buffer to these increasingly paranoid Unitary Executive proclamations of power, now made in what it has self-determined to be a perpetual war on something or another (the fundamental legal principle behind the Unitary Executive in our history, Lincoln used it), we ought -- as ordinary civilians who simply want to live decent lives, who are going to be seen in various military terms as collateral damage, terrorists, or whatever broad terminology they may apply while they quibble over legalities as they are abridge citizens' natural rights -- to be concerned.

From the Preface:

Field manual (FM) 3-39.40 is aligned with FM 3-39, the military police keystone FM. FM 3-39.40 provides guidance for commanders and staffs on internment and resettlement (I/R) operations. This manual addresses I/R operations across the spectrum of conflict, specifically the doctrinal paradigm shift from traditional enemy prisoner of war (EPW) operations to the broader and more inclusive requirements of detainee operations.

Additionally, FM 3-39.40 discusses the critical issue of detainee rehabilitation. It describes the doctrinal foundation, principles, and processes that military police and other elements will employ when dealing with I/R populations. As part of internment, these populations include U.S. military prisoners, and multiple categories of detainees (civilian internees [CIs], retained personnel [RP], and enemy combatants), while resettlement operations are focused on multiple categories of dislocated civilians (DCs).

It addresses the "doctrinal paradigm shift from traditional enemy prisoner of war (EPW) operations to the broader and more inclusive requirements of detainee operations." Doctrinal paradigm shift...

I can't help thinking of the OWS movement, and its worldwide correlate movement towards citizen involvement and what might be considered democracy -- or might be considered democracy if it weren't such a threat to the established world order of U.S. defined democracies, which our military has been so involved with establishing -- and maintaining..

"detainee rehabilitation"... hmmm. What is "rehabilitation" in the minds of the military commanders who will be directing these activities? I remember being "rehabilitated" in boot camp. I still have recurring images of the grinning sado masochistic people in charge.

.ren's picture
.ren

Look, when you guys actually find something, let us know. Until then you are simply expressing your fear by speculating.

You are actually undermining your cause, which is why I think some of you (or whoever) are simply plants designed to destroy real research.

We have detainees, correct? Then why wouldn't you expect some military documents to talk about them? This document is worthless.

Dr. Econ's picture
Dr. Econ

Currently Chatting

GOP Blocks Equal Pay...again.

Just in time for election season, Senate Republicans blocked legislation aimed at closing the gender pay gap. For the third time since 2012, Republicans refused to allow debate on the Paycheck Fairness Act, and reminded women that the GOP doesn't believe in equal pay for equal work.