Back In high school, Mitt Romney bullied a gay student?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thom Hartmann A...
Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture

The Washington Post is reporting that Mitt Romney bullied a presumed gay student while he was in high school. 

According to a former close-friend of the presumptive Republican nominee – while attending the prestigious Cranbrook School in 1965, Romney followed the student to an empty room, pinned him down, and then cut his hair, while the student cried for help.  In a recent interview – Romney didn’t deny the story – and instead promised that he is, “a different guy now.” 

Though he is a guy who still doesn’t think gays and lesbians shouldn’t be able to marry who they love. 

Comments

THISAA
THISAA's picture
Interesting that we can find

Interesting that we can find everything about Romneys childhood but nothing can be produced about obama in school, grades, or friendships.

mjolnir
mjolnir's picture
The family is supposed to put

The family is supposed to put out a statement today. The older sister reportedly never heard of the incident. I don't care about Romney's alledged bullying or President Obama's drug use. Arguably the second most important thing a president may do is appoint supreme Court justices, and I also would like to see his position papers at Harvard.

Zenzoe
Let's look at the trajectory:

Let's look at the trajectory: Bully in school; bully to his dog; bully to the workers he laid off; then presumptive presidential nominee of the bullying Republican party . And just how is he a "different guy now?"

frasca
frasca's picture
Romney is still a bully. How

Romney is still a bully.

How many examples of bullying behavior can you find?  Here is one:

Vulture Capitalism is the grown-up equivalent of shaking down a kid for his lunch money.

Here is another:

"I'm not sure about these cookies.  Did you make those cookies?"

And one more:

"I like those fancy raincoats you bought.... Really sprung for the big bucks."

There is now a disturbing narrative arc from Romney's childhood to the present day.  Unfortunately for the country, I think his behavior now fits three of the ten DSM-IV criteria for antisocial personality disorder.

mjolnir
mjolnir's picture
Zenzoe wrote:Let's look at

Zenzoe wrote:
Let's look at the trajectory:[...]
Yes lets: Romney raised five sons, stood by his wife of more than 40 years thru cancer and MS, built a fortune without his daddy's money, and gave something approaching 20% of his income to charity.

I voted for Obama, certainly not for his character rather mainly because Mccain was past his prime and Palin is an idiot. Obama's treatment of his mother, while there are probably mitigating circumstances the public is unaware of, is one I find troubling. As near as I can tell he sent her 3,000 mi. away while she was dying of cancer so he could campaign and help Louis Farrakhan set up the "Million Man March". He then got to her death bed a day late.

Maybe she chose to go home to die with her mother, maybe he thought he had time to get there. Any of my business? Nope. What is my business is that he chose to invoke her memory when he was passing his health care act knowing full well that her medical expenses had been paid and that it was her workmans comp. claim that was in dispute. As a character issue I find that disturbing.

It's not a monumental issue but just a growing litany of reasons why I probably won't vote for Obama a second time.