Bridge work or tax cuts?

1 post / 0 new

I just heard on the AP news that Mitt W. Romney was showing how repairs to an historic bridge were an example of Obama's wasteful stimulus..
They got $150,000. towards the restoration but of course Romney got to call it a 'bridge to nowhere'.. Very clever for the Giant Pander..

Ok, I'm pretty sure that $150,000. is about what some millionaires would be given in the Romney or Ryan tax cuts. I think Mitt may have just stepped in it picking this example.

Which $150,000. would create more jobs? I think this might be a really good comparison, on a scale that people can grasp, vs $500 million for their bugaboo Solindra.. I'd love to see how many real jobs and how much local business came about from that $150,000. Ok, it might not be an interstate bridge, which I'm sure needed work too, but I imagine the alternative would have been allowing it to crumble.

Just how many jobs would that 'average' millionaire create with his tax cut, or would they only be clerical jobs in the Cayman Islands?

Rick (happily health insured Canadian ;-)

Rick in Canadia's picture
Rick in Canadia

Currently Chatting

Green World Rising

In two previous videos narrated by Leonard DiCaprio and available over at GreenWorldRising.org, we’ve seen the dangers that global warming and climate change present for our planet and the human race.