Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and their legal team are war criminals!

2 posts / 0 new

So says a War Tribunal in Malaysia – which convicted Bush and key officials in his administration of war crimes on Saturday – and ordered reparations be given to the torture victims. After hearing testimony of victims who were tortured at the hands of US soldiers and contractors in Afghanistan and Iraq – the tribunal found that the United States violated international law and the principles of the Nuremberg Charter.

One of those legal advisers convicted was former Deputy Assistant Attorney General John Yoo – who was recently cleared in a United States court of any torture charges. While this verdict is mostly symbolic – the tribunals plans to submit findings and records of the hearing to the Chief Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court and the United Nation’s Security Council.

It should be troubling to Americans that other foreign nations are doing what we SHOULD be doing – holding our own war criminals to account. Time for justice to be served against the Bush torturers.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

I think it's time for me to take a cry break, it's just that I feel way too vulnerable, being mad feels safer....but, it is the water of life - the detoxifier of our souls....Oh, and sometimes I just need a little lift of prayer from my friends and other times news like this cheers me up! http://mathaba.net/news/?x=630404 when justice comes to my Country, I'll cry loud and long in Joy! LOL!Thanks Thom!

jdadam's picture
jdadam

Currently Chatting

The other way we're subsidizing Walmart...

Most of us know how taxpayers subsidize Walmart's low wages with billions of dollars in Medicaid, food stamps, and other financial assistance for workers. But, did you know that we're also subsidizing the retail giant by paying the cost of their environmental destruction.