The CFTC to investigate JP Morgan Chase

3 posts / 0 new

The Commodity Futures Trading Commission is now opening an investigation into JP Morgan Chase’s failed $3 billion gambling binge. The CFTC becomes the third agency investigating the bank – joining the Securities and Exchange Commission and the FBI. There are reports that federal prosecutors in New York are also interested in what exactly happened for the bank to lose that much money.

While the investigations are all preliminary, and no one has officially been accused of wrongdoing, this case should highlight the need for stronger regulations on Wall Street bankers who have clearly proven unable to regulate themselves.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

some are speculating the loss could become as much as 7 billion as JPM stock falls 20%

http://moneymorning.com/2012/05/21/jpmorgan-nyse-jpm-stock-price-falling...

I also heard that projection this morning on my local news channel....7 bill. i would like to see them recoup from that. this bank in needs to be disolved. an example needs to be made.

J DAILEY's picture
J DAILEY

I agree J Dailey—an example and a first step.

Karolina's picture
Karolina

Currently Chatting

It’s Time for Bill O’Reilly to Get Real about White Privilege

It’s time for white America to get real about white privilege. Last night, Bill O’Reilly came from back vacation early to host a special edition of “The Factor”, one that he said would “tell the truth” about what’s going on in Ferguson, Missouri.