Climate Change and Crop Circles

8 posts / 0 new

Climate change and crop circles...

What do they have in common?

The answer is, "true believers".

Even when very intelligent people were confronted with the PROOF that crop circles were man made inventions... they "tricked" their minds into believing that they still were signs of extra terrestrial life. They even come up with mathematical complex theories like "plasma vortexes" to explain designs made in agriculture. Really. If "plasma vortexes" were real... why would they only happen in fields? Wouldn't they happen in urban areas or cities?

The reason they CLING on to this ridiculous theory is because by letting go... they are in fact admitting that they, themselves, were duped and made fun of.

This is the SAME thing that's going on with Climate Change.

Even after their OWN emails outed the farce. Even after knowing that another PLANET (Mars) is also getting hotter without man made carbon emissions. Even after all of the connections were made to the Climate Change originators and WAR MONGERING... people that have dedicated a great deal of their lives to this cause are having great difficulty letting it go.

They continue to CLING on to a ridiculous theory because is they "let go"... they will be admitting that they, themselves, were duped and made fun of.

Holding on to out dated mythologies says much more about the PEOPLE that hold on to them, than the ideologies that they hold on to.

Like Shakespeare said, "The fault lies not in the stars... but within us."

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian
Joined:
Feb. 15, 2012 11:49 am

Comments

Climate change is backed by science. The Crop circle hoax is debunked by science. The Bermuda Triangle hoax is debunked by science. There seems to be a common theme here.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
Joined:
Jun. 25, 2011 6:53 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/jul/08/muir-russell-climategate-climate-science

If you are going to deny climate change, please explain the change in dates for flowers blooming, crop harvests, or move North of Armadillos.

Three 3 points:

1- The climate is changing.

2- Ancient sunlight via burning coal and oil by man is the cause.

3- We have the ability to change the course.

Among actual scientists, there is no argument. To quote people funded by Big Oil, or the Koch Bros, or some tobacco lawyer who denies that coal is addictive makes a person a filthy liar.

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76
Joined:
Sep. 14, 2010 7:21 pm
Quote Phaedrus76:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/jul/08/muir-russell-climategate-climate-science

Among actual scientists, there is no argument.

Not true. Remember when Al gore said the debate was over? He said this because he was afraid to have a debate. Gore and his ilk also claim that the sun has nothing to do with earth's temperature. Huh? There is climate change on the sun and we did not cause it. I could probably come up with thousands of "actual scientists" who are not convinced that man has caused any global warming at all. But they do agree on one thing. The only thing we can be sure of is that climate changes. Always has, always will.

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Joined:
Jan. 31, 2011 6:49 am

If 90% of doctors tell me that smoking can cause cancer and or loss of body parts but 10% of doctors tell me that there's no defiitive link between smoking and cancer, I'm going to take the advice of the 90%. Even if they are completely wrong I'm not willing to chance my survival on what the 10% says. Even if the opinion were split 50/50 I would rather err on the side of caution. If there weren't huge profits to be made from co2 emissions then this wouldn't even be an issue.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
Joined:
Jun. 25, 2011 6:53 am
Quote Bush_Wacker:

If 90% of doctors tell me that smoking can cause cancer and or loss of body parts but 10% of doctors tell me that there's no defiitive link between smoking and cancer, I'm going to take the advice of the 90%. Even if they are completely wrong I'm not willing to chance my survival on what the 10% says. Even if the opinion were split 50/50 I would rather err on the side of caution. If there weren't huge profits to be made from co2 emissions then this wouldn't even be an issue.

If 1% of astronomers said that if the sun gets warmer so does the Earth, I would believe them.

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Joined:
Jan. 31, 2011 6:49 am

So their OWN emails didn't "out" themselves?

So the planet MARS isn't getting hotter?

The originators of "CLIMATE CHANGE" aren't war mongers?

Agenda 21 doesn't mean killing people in the millions, perhaps BILLIONS!?!?

C'mon! You're doing "it" again... you're purposefully dodging the KEY components of the topic that we are supposedly discussing. WHY DO YOU DO THAT? You are a habitual liar. If you are not being PAID to lie as often as you do... you really should look into it. Congress has a 9-12% approval rating... I'm sure they'd welcome you with open arms. You know... the whole "Birds of a feather flock together."

---------------------------------------------------

I truly "get it" that renewable and sustainable energy is SMART! I get it. Nuclear power is bad. Dependancy on oil/coal is bad. I know this.

There is no need to LIE about how SMART renewable and sustainable energy is... so WHY do they/you do it?

There was an ICE AGE y'know. You do know that there was a thing called an ICE AGE, right?

That "ICE AGE" sure did produce a lot of "climate change".

Now if you want to comment... if you want to "pretend" to disagree... here's how you do it.

Take each one of my 4 questions/statements and then refute them with fact based opinions. If after you have done that and there are more things to add to the conversation... feel free to do so.

This is how "grown ups" talk.

"Now you know and knowing is half the battle. GO JOE!"

(That was a G.I. JOE reference. I thought I would try to "bond" with you over something that you should be familiar with. I'm cool that way.)

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian
Joined:
Feb. 15, 2012 11:49 am

Fletcher, if you show me your credentials as a scientist, astrophysicist, or climatologist then I'll have to give your observations due dilligence. As of right now I am leaning toward the over 90% of scientists who say that humans are having a large inpact on the warming and climate patterns of the earth.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
Joined:
Jun. 25, 2011 6:53 am

Currently Chatting

The Death of the Middle Class was by Design...

Even in the face of the so-called Recovery, poverty and inequality are getting worse in our country, and more wealth and power is flowing straight to the top. According to Paul Buchheit over at Alternet, this is the end result of winner-take-all capitalism, and this destruction of the working class has all been by design.

Powered by Drupal, an open source content management system