Congress announced plans to hold hearings on the Secret Service so-called sex scandal.

3 posts / 0 new

Independent Joe Lieberman is leading the distraction in the Senate – and Republican Peter King is leading it in the House. Of course – no jobs will be created by investigating the Secret Service – but it will keep the mainstream media distracted for another few news cycles from the issues that really matter

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

You make zero argument for dismissing this issue. National security may have been compromised. Listen to the interviews with these "working girls". They refer to these guys are fools. If the lower rungs of the ladder are weak the upper ones will also fail. Sullivan should have been fired a long time ago and you know it. Obama is afraid of him. Had Bush, or god forbid, Reagan been on duty, you would have lost all control sputtering and shouting into the microphone they were at fault for having the wrong people in charge. Hipocrisy works both ways.

THISAA's picture
THISAA
You make zero argument for dismissing this issue.
The impression I got was that Thom feels that this issue is a distraction from more important issues and that Congress could better be doing things that create jobs. Also, it is sometimes useful to consider the source of where the impetus for these investigations is coming from. I have heard such terrible things about Peter King and Neocon Joe Lieberman that I think Thom may be right.

I don't know if there is a serious risk of compromised National security, but I doubt it. I don't imagine that some prostitutes thinking that some Secret Service guys seem foolish really constitutes a National Security threat. I think that Joe Lieberman and Peter King are complete fools, but I don't consider that to be a National Security threat.

I haven't seen any evidence that President Obama is afraid of Mark Sullivan, but that would certainly be of interest.

Had Bush, or god forbid, Reagan been on duty, you would have lost all control sputtering and shouting into the microphone they were at fault for having the wrong people in charge. Hipocrisy works both ways.
You seem to be new on these liberal message boards. Liberals have been complaining from the time of President Obama's election about his appointments, so I don't think there is a question of hypocricy here.

By all means, continue with these arguments. We are all interested to hear your opinions.

Art's picture
Art

Currently Chatting

Green World Rising

In two previous videos narrated by Leonard DiCaprio and available over at GreenWorldRising.org, we’ve seen the dangers that global warming and climate change present for our planet and the human race.