Ex-Obama supporters crying, whining, wa wa wa---

16 posts / 0 new

"Poor ex-Obama supporters crying, whinning, wa wa wa because he didn't promote universal health care and other progressive ideals." Thom Hartmann... paraphrase

If Thom or anyone else wonders why so many once loyal progressives are leaving Thom in droves... look no longer. From todays show which I have heard before... this is just the latest of insults that Thom hurls upon those who are disgusted with Obama's continuation of the neoliberal policies of his predecessors. Increased trashing of the Constitution and civil liberties... more so after the alledged assassination of Osama bin Laden, increased use of drone warfare against innocent civilians... the list is long and sordid of the continuation of Reagan/Bush/Clinton/Bush-Cheney policies by the Nobel Peace Laureate Obama..

And DNC Thom continues to carry water for the sociopath in chief... so much for calling truth to power... friggin sickening...

Vote for this corporate, warmongering, neoliberal candidate or the other corporate, warmongering, neoliberal candidate... the illuison of choice, of democracy where there is none.

WinstonSmith's picture
WinstonSmith

Comments

You don't always get what you want in a candidate, you can support who is closest to your ideology or waste your vote on a third party.

WorkerBee's picture
WorkerBee

Saying Obama's policies are no different from GW Bush's or those proposed by today's Repuplican Party is like saying Newt Gingrich and Chris Christie are equally obsese because they're "both fat."

Beyond that, anyone who opens their eyes and ears will know that there are many things the Republicans propose that Obama and most of the Democrats oppose, and vice-versa, even if, yes, sad to say, there are too many areas where the Democrats have continued some bad practices and policies.

Jeanene's picture
Jeanene

We have to face the fact that we lost our two party system, if not before, than certainly WITH the Supreme Court in 2000 appointing our President and throwing away citizens' votes. It wasn't enough for them though; we elected Obama, they furthered their coup with Citizens United. Don't we sense the revolution? July's comming up, the 14th - they best remember the Bastille as they have no use for the Constitution! For 8 years I didn't see ONE Democrat stand up for us! I gave Obama my hope, and still do, but now both eyes are open. I can't wait for a viable third party candidate! Now that would be a start for Democracy!

jdadam's picture
jdadam

Third parties are a waste of time and only serve to help the opposing party. If you want more liberal politicians it starts in primaries, just like the Tea party has done within the Republican party.

WorkerBee's picture
WorkerBee

Of course... the democrats are better... and Obama will reveal his inner FDR after the 2012 election... and I have a bridge to sell ya...

The problems with the US are beyond what voting can fix... and voting for the dims instead of the repugs will not change a thing... except possibly who can marry whom. All while Pax Americana continues to slaughter innocent civilians, arrest and torture whistle blowers, rendition, drone warfare, etc. etc. etc.

But the Nobel Peace Laureate Obama really is the lessor of two evils... right. When in reality he is much worse as he gives the imprimatur of governing from the left... while continuing and increasing the devastating neoliberal policies of his predecessors...

Obama continues to carry out the corpoate and War Industrial Complex agenda while using populism to blind the low informed left into believing in more "hope and change". If Bush ahd carried out the same devastating polices that Obama has the left would have been all over him... yet they remain silent when the Nobel Peace Laureate war criminal in chief does it The hypocrisy of many on the left is matching the projection from the right step for step. Those who are disappointed in Obama simply weren't paying attention...

WinstonSmith's picture
WinstonSmith

Well he appointed two to SCOTUS that are better than the two federalist society goons w appointed. Those he put in are there for maybe two decades. The 5 criminals that stole the election actually tried to show some regret by not quiting during the first term. Then after a legitimate 2004 [OH was still fishy, but nowhere near FL 2000], that '04 win let them off the hook, and sandy could quit with a clearer conscience because she thought the second time the people really voted for him, sort of. The other guy died, or so we're lead to believe. I don't know how long Ginsburg can stay. Kennedy will definitely quit if Romney gets in, then there will be 3 locked up for two decades. If Kennedy dies on Obama's watch it's a win for two decades for his 3.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

My mistake, Kennedy is only 76. He also probably likes the power he has as a swing vote. Since 2000 he has had such power. He even had the power to choose the president. There was an earlier justice that passed on his opportunity to name the president.

Disputed election of 1876Judge David Davis

In 1877, Davis narrowly avoided the opportunity to be the only person to ever single-handedly select the President of the United States. In the disputed Presidential election of 1876 between the Republican Rutherford Hayes and the Democrat Samuel Tilden, Congress created a special Electoral Commission to decide to whom to award a total of 20 electoral votes which were disputed from the states of Florida, Louisiana, South Carolina and Oregon. The Commission was to be composed of 15 members: five drawn from the U.S. House of Representatives, five from the U.S. Senate, and five from the U.S. Supreme Court. The majority party in each legislative chamber would get three seats on the Commission, and the minority party would get two. Both parties agreed to this arrangement because it was understood that the Commission would have seven Republicans, seven Democrats, and Davis, who was arguably the most trusted independent in the nation.

According to one historian, "[n]o one, perhaps not even Davis himself, knew which presidential candidate he preferred."[4] Just as the Electoral Commission Bill was passing Congress, the legislature of Illinois elected Davis to the Senate. Democrats in the Illinois Legislature believed that they had purchased Davis's support by voting for him. However, they had made a miscalculation; instead of staying on the Supreme Court so that he could serve on the Commission, he promptly resigned as a Justice on March 4, 1877, in order to take his Senate seat. Because of this, Davis was unable to assume the spot, always intended for him, as one of the Supreme Court's members of the Commission. His replacement on the Commission was Joseph Philo Bradley, a Republican, thus the Commission ended up with an 8–7 Republican majority. Each of the 20 disputed electoral votes was eventually awarded to Hayes, the Republican, by that same 8-7 majority; Hayes won the election, 185 electoral votes to 184. Had Davis been on the Commission, his would have been the deciding vote, and Tilden would have been elected president if Davis and the commission had awarded him even a single electoral vote.

He may've been an atheist, too. He is the only justice with no religious sect.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Sure... the Senate will allow Obama to appoint progressive replacement justices to SCOTUS.

WinstonSmith's picture
WinstonSmith
Quote WorkerBee:

You don't always get what you want in a candidate, you can support who is closest to your ideology or waste your vote on a third party.

True. And what you get is a slower slide into fascism and a full-blown Corporate State with Dems rather than a quicker one with the Repugnants.The end result is the same

What far-right Republicans sought in Eisenhower's day, Dems now advocate themselves...and call themselves liberal while doing it!

Why aren't Dems at least honest and loudly proclaim, "We're evil, but not as evil as they are.. Suck it up and vote for us, and we'll give you a bit of water on the highway to hell we're paving for you"

I think Thom is hoping the Dem Party can reform itself before it's too late. I work within the Dem Party to get progressives nominated...and when they aren't put on the ballot, I vote third party. Voting for Republican accomplices just isn't my thing..

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease".

polycarp2
Quote polycarp2:

Why aren't Dems at least honest and loudly proclaim, "We're evil, but not as evil as they are.. Suck it up and vote for us, and we'll give you a bit of water on the highway to hell we're paving for you"

Exactly... at least you could respect the honesty if not the results...

Quote polycarp2:I think Thom is hoping the Dem Party can reform itself before it's too late.

Obviously... as he repeats the same mantra numerous times a day... and that is alright though I disagree. I'm more in the Hedges camp these days when it comes to solutions... That Thom thinks that reform is practical and within reach is one thing... do be dismissive and derisive against those who hold Obama accountable for the exact same things that Thom used to hold Bush/Cheney accountable for is another and reveals Thom to have morphed into just another prestitute stenographer for power in DC. I take no pleasure in coming to such a conclusion.

Truth to power always... no matter who is behind the curtain. Say my guy Kucinich had won (the system would never allow it but if it did, he would be compromised) the day after he was elected i would have been on him to hold true to form... and if he didn't I would call him on everything. That should be what differentiates progressives from the right wing (there are few conservatives these days

WinstonSmith's picture
WinstonSmith

It also helps to know the electoral demographics of your state. In the deep red states your vote for the senate seat is more important. In IN the challenger to Lugar only wants Borks on the SCOTUS. They could also band together and force a romney to bomb Iran. He is such a Zelig a picture of him could be a Jackson Pollak. A right wing yokel [his own description] was able to get him to fire his national security communications chair. Netanyahu could bomb with ease, with nuclear.

He has said he wants to repeal Davis Bacon, and minimum wage. Pentagon could reinstate the cuts they painstakingly identified as unnecessary, and seek even more. Sometimes a vote against a candidate is important, unless you are an end times rapture type and seeks annhilation in a WWlll.

With the nutcases in congress now, and the actions of john birchers now mainstream, this is the most important election I've ever voted in. I also get to vote my representative out, the nutter from FL named West, the one hunting commies.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Gradual change is working so well for us...

Though I question how progressive or even moral some alleged leftys are. Those who celebrated the Bin Laden assassination? Excuse drone attacks, continued military state, Obama's deal with the hospital lobby to squash the public option?

His adminstrations' persecution of more whistle blowers than all presidents in the past combined?

But then I knew people were either delusional, fools, or closet neo-liberals when they didn't see the red flags with Obama from day 1. From his empty rhetoric at the 2004 convention to his appointing Robert Rubin as his financial adviser of his campaign, it was obvious he was another corporate stooge. But I never would have guessed he would be such a milatarist.

The thing that disturbs real progressives about Obama is that like Clinton, he can get away with things Republicans could not. Dems called Bush a fascist for declaring the right to spy on anyone, and defend Obama for declaring the right to kill anyone.

Clinton assaulted welfare, Obama will see cuts to social security and medicare that republicans could not get away with.

I heard Thom going on the other day about the Post Office killing bill of 2006. Thanks Thom, you are an amazing source of progressive knowledge and wisdom when you aren't going into your Orwellian attacks and ridicule of those who actually believe the things you say you do.

What Thom did not mention is that the bill had 100% APPROVAL FROM THE SENATE! Obama, Clinton, and even Ted Kennedy all agreed that the only good union is a dead union.

I love Thom's wisdom. I loathe him for his insane Orwellian delusions "You don't like Obama because he is a right winger in disguise? Clearly YOU are a right winger! Those of us who would go to war to defend his historically ground breaking right wing assault on civil liberties, human rights, and hope for the environment and the economy, are the true liberals!'

Ironically Thom could be making a case for voting for Obama in spite of all he is, but instead he's driving the left further away and driving home the realization that we need a new party more than ever.

Pro-wrestling is less rigged than the corporate puppet show that is our system. It's cute how so many get all emotional about their pretend heroes though.

swghostjet's picture
swghostjet
Ironically Thom could be making a case for voting for Obama in spite of all he is, but instead he's driving the left further away and driving home the realization that we need a new party more than ever.
read it now: Ironically Thom could be making a case for voting for Gore in spite of all he is, but instead he's driving the left further away and driving home the realization that we need a new party more than ever.

That didn't work out either.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

How many killed, mutilated or tortured innocent men, women and CHILDREN by Obama's right wing policies should be disregarded in the hopes that Obama will pick a decent judge? What does Obama have to do before "progressives" will hold Obama accountable for the same things they would castigate Bush/Cheney over? Would Obama joining the John Birch Society do it?

WinstonSmith's picture
WinstonSmith
Quote swghostjet:

Gradual change is working so well for us...

Though I question how progressive or even moral some alleged leftys are. Those who celebrated the Bin Laden assassination? Excuse drone attacks, continued military state, Obama's deal with the hospital lobby to squash the public option?

His adminstrations' persecution of more whistle blowers than all presidents in the past combined?

But then I knew people were either delusional, fools, or closet neo-liberals when they didn't see the red flags with Obama from day 1. From his empty rhetoric at the 2004 convention to his appointing Robert Rubin as his financial adviser of his campaign, it was obvious he was another corporate stooge. But I never would have guessed he would be such a milatarist.

The thing that disturbs real progressives about Obama is that like Clinton, he can get away with things Republicans could not. Dems called Bush a fascist for declaring the right to spy on anyone, and defend Obama for declaring the right to kill anyone.

Clinton assaulted welfare, Obama will see cuts to social security and medicare that republicans could not get away with.

I heard Thom going on the other day about the Post Office killing bill of 2006. Thanks Thom, you are an amazing source of progressive knowledge and wisdom when you aren't going into your Orwellian attacks and ridicule of those who actually believe the things you say you do.

What Thom did not mention is that the bill had 100% APPROVAL FROM THE SENATE! Obama, Clinton, and even Ted Kennedy all agreed that the only good union is a dead union.

I love Thom's wisdom. I loathe him for his insane Orwellian delusions "You don't like Obama because he is a right winger in disguise? Clearly YOU are a right winger! Those of us who would go to war to defend his historically ground breaking right wing assault on civil liberties, human rights, and hope for the environment and the economy, are the true liberals!'

Pro-wrestling is less rigged than the corporate puppet show that is our system. It's cute how so many get all emotional about their pretend heroes though.

Spot on...

WinstonSmith's picture
WinstonSmith

Currently Chatting

The Death of the Middle Class was by Design...

Even in the face of the so-called Recovery, poverty and inequality are getting worse in our country, and more wealth and power is flowing straight to the top. According to Paul Buchheit over at Alternet, this is the end result of winner-take-all capitalism, and this destruction of the working class has all been by design.