Germany is telling major oil corporations to get the frack out

2 posts / 0 new

As Spiegel is reporting today – Germany’s Environment Minister and Economy Minister have bowed to pressure of environmental groups and put the brakes on the controversial practice known as hydraulic fracking – which injects chemicals into the ground to break up rocks containing natural gas.

Here in the United States, fracking is rampant – with study after study showing that fracking chemicals poison drinking water and may even lead to earthquakes - which is why the Germans don’t want it.

Germany now joins France and Bulgaria as European nations that have banned fracking – and if only oil barons didn’t control our Congress – we’d be on that short list of nations too that value the safety of their people rather than the profits of energy corporations.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

So I wonder....are we going to be the last to ban fracking? What do you think it's going to take to stop this? It's getting out of hand! I bet there is a fracking map on the internet that shows where all the fracking is going on and I bet it is spreading like a wildfire across the nation.

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Currently Chatting

Green World Rising

In two previous videos narrated by Leonard DiCaprio and available over at GreenWorldRising.org, we’ve seen the dangers that global warming and climate change present for our planet and the human race.