guns occypy vs repuplicans

33 posts / 0 new

i think that occupyers shouldn't pack guns arroun while protesting , it's just not good for anyone . (recipie for disaster) however , aside from public events , anyone can still carry a gun , so it seems like the republicans can actually use common-sense when it comes to something . but was i mistaken is thom saying that we should do away with the second amendment , with all of our rights being stepped on left and right , the last thing we need is a bunch of scared crybabys , trying to abolish another "constitutional right" . gang violence is terrible , but there is a better solution that banning guns from law-abiding citizens . most gangs have unity and stand for nothing else , so it seems . we should help these people caught in the social and ecenomical , entrapments . not single them out for another form of hate crime . ps i love what you stand for keep up the awsome work

lilmorecountry's picture
lilmorecountry

Comments

Look at the violence in the country lately, occupy in washington and california and the mob beatings for justice for trayvon all situations that never had to happen if the victims where carrying. You dont even have to shoot drawing a gun is intimidation enough. And to your argument about gangs its not the victims job to rationalize what the thug is doing if someone breaks into my house wether just for the TV or to kill me and rape my family im shooting them either way. Morale of the story if you dont want to be shot dont tresspass.

CollegeConservative's picture
CollegeConservative

i'm with you on the trespassing , atleast i can protect myself at home , but on the streets ... it's mostly social pressure that causes violence , gangs and territory or some kid who's been bullyed in school . most of this comes from social presure in one form or another . look at the social pressure caused by religion , you can say it's in the name of god and suddenly everyone understands . racisim is another social pressure that causes violence ... but instead of blaming this on guns , we should point the finger at intolerable societys and religions ... we all need to coexist , we don't have to kill eachother , to stay white ... and we don't have to hide our belife in purity of race ... it's so obvious but it's never acknowledged ... it's time to put it out there . black or white we are still not as rich as the one percent ... we don't need to punish black communities to keep the races from mixing , black white mexican , christian , muslim , we are all from diffrent cultures , and that doesn't mix , it's time we said it , and stop hiding behind our fear of eachother .

lilmorecountry's picture
lilmorecountry

ok first im a christian and any person that would blindly follow violent suggestions is not a christians or any other religion for that matter. Two saying that the 1% is keeping the minorities down is letting the minority communities off the hook for the systemic morale and family problems they are having. Also saying people join gangs cause they have no another choice is faulty logic it might be hard and dangerous to get out of those situations but it can be done and just accepting the gangs lets them grow in influnce and wreck more lifes. Gang ridden communities need to step up and push them out and the second ammendment helps them do that giving them the legal means of protection to fight back. Though places like newyork are making such convoluted regulations to get your chl that it puts it out of the hand of the people that need it the most so these gun laws make our streets even more dangerous.

CollegeConservative

you obviously have never felt out of place and wanted something to belong to ... that's the problem today , most people don't belong anywhere , untill occupy came arround , how do you feel about occupy alot of people don't feel like they belong to anything that is already established , the occupy movement is estabishing it's self and can't be ridiculed as ignorance anymore people are proud to be called an occupyer , and it will only grow , while the weak minded conservative austerity pushing bs is exposed for what it is

lilmorecountry's picture
lilmorecountry

yes it can be called ignorance when they claim the rich arent paying there fair share and the top10% pay 90% of the bill and the botttom 50% pay nothing only take from the system . They are also ignorant when they claim that capitalism is the problem, capitalism isnt the problem its the solution if we had let the banks and car companies fail we would be recovering fasterand wouldnt have u3 unemployment figures at 14%.

CollegeConservative

actually it's the banks that should've been allowd to fail , i hear the car companies are turning a decent profit ... the reason they fail is they are making more new cars than people can buy , they come out with more new cars every year , who the fuck is buying all this shit .... we import cars and that cuts out americian companies profit ... but the free trade is so messed up it's impossible to see where the fault truly lies .... i'm thinkin' since nobody likes americian people , they aren't buying americian made cars ... it's probably got more to do with bad investments overseas ... the more we invest in other countries ... can they really say we owe them any thing ... if we took back our shit .... who would have what then ... so are we really in debt or is this just some bs finacial loop hole in the free trade and 1% austerity plan

lilmorecountry's picture
lilmorecountry

Actually Cm is paying back the loan from another loan in esgro so they actually arent doing well there sales numbers are inflated with govermentfleet purchases and when they run out they will go under because they cant produce a quality product consumers want at the right price. Unions have alot to do with this they have raised the price of producing a car so high they high for gm they have to use inferior materials compared to competion. Unions in general cause lower employment and higher prices on products they do this by pushing there labor above marketvalue which means the owner can hire less people and has to charge more.

CollegeConservative

that's why people don't belive in unions these days ... and you are probably better informed than me , i'm more of a philosipher ... but right or wrong it's just an attack on oboma and a (so called) failing solution ... actually alot of people owe their jobs to oboma ... jobs that pay well over minimum wage ... that was the real crisis , not gm ... so to the people its a temporary solution to a bigger problem ... also you said that a bank is bailing out gm , that makes no sense to me ... why not use targeted inflation , and give gm money directly from the gov. , that would be a true taxpayer bail out ... why isn't targeted inflation used to strenghten the work force ... it seems a better trade of than impossible debt when borrowing from private banks that have no intention of letting other people succede . (austerity)

lilmorecountry's picture
lilmorecountry

i think it is fear of communisim ... that would give the gov. a stake in industry ... also it would make the 1% less richer whithout actually taking any money . after years of austerity , a solution of inflation would be so dramatic .. i dare not calculate it ... i bet alot of rich "banksters" don't want to calculate those ods aswell

lilmorecountry's picture
lilmorecountry
Quote lilmorecountry:

i think it is fear of communisim ... that would give the gov. a stake in industry ... also it would make the 1% less richer whithout actually taking any money . after years of austerity , a solution of inflation would be so dramatic .. i dare not calculate it ... i bet alot of rich "banksters" don't want to calculate those ods aswell

Actually if history teaches us anything its that communism actually makes wealth inequality worse by having the people in the party living well and the rest barely geting by.

CollegeConservative

that's because historically , there wasn't a demacratic election to go along side it ... so if americia was to become communist it wouldn't be true communisim ... it would be something else entirely .... could it be 2 things at once .. it's already a democrace and a republic . do i need to define those terms

lilmorecountry's picture
lilmorecountry
Quote lilmorecountry:

actually alot of people owe their jobs to oboma ... jobs that pay well over minimum wage .

That the thing though any time you accept a government price floor u get a surplus in the people wanting the job leading to a shortage in employment. The minimum wage actually lowers the number of jobs available. It also is insulting because it says that you are not worthy of geting paid a fair wage and with out the goverment help u would not be able to survive which is not true for most.

CollegeConservative

thomas jefferson (founding father) said a country needs a revolution every 100 yrs or so to keep it's self honest .... ( not an exact quote , but it's close enough)

lilmorecountry's picture
lilmorecountry

yes elections are somewhat of our revolution but i agree there will come a point where we will need to rebell but gun controll takes that option away from us.

CollegeConservative

we r not so diffrent u and i , if we don't do it soon it won't matter how many guns we have , we are being herded like cattle , god knows where to

lilmorecountry's picture
lilmorecountry

polotics and community have to become cool again ... other wise we will fall out of touch with the true reality

lilmorecountry's picture
lilmorecountry

My biggest fear is that the half or the country that pays no income tax and 60% gets something from the goverment are going to start vote to for the people that will give them the most not who has the best pollicies.

CollegeConservative
Quote lilmorecountry:

we r not so diffrent u and i

I agree............. It's painfully obvious, the two of you ARE the same person.

anti-Republicon

ha ha , lol , no doubt ... i somtimes find it hard to find a good job that is close enough to create more income than minimum wage ... if i do find a better job it costs too much in gas to get there .... or i have to travel and stay in a hotel ... if people will pay for others to stay in a hotel , why cant they pay people close by alittle more ... remember my 50 cents , is like 10,000 to a ceo . , maybe i exagerated but maybe not (i'm not a ceo) ... the real problem is job creation , and demand ... in the next ten years what will be in demand ... and why isn't that more-less public knowledge ... they don't want anyone to know because all you collage kids wouldn't be jumping in the boat for crazy debt problems ... and prolly cause there won't be enough jobs to go arround that far ahead ... they want to drop entry level jobs to an imigrant workers pay ... / that's exactly why we have to stop importing slave labor(mexicians) ... everyone likes it cause it helps balance things out , and keeps the rich people from loosing a percentage of the "gold standard" (every dollar is a certain percentage of the national gs) . but the real standard for the dollar isn't gold ... its food , it should be the food standard ... if they had to pay those workers more ... it would change minimum wage ... and everything would go up with food , or stay the same ... it's complicated math , but simple in theroy

lilmorecountry's picture
lilmorecountry

if i am a simple high school drop out and can understand it ... why do people with the highest schooling claim incomatance / no offence to you

lilmorecountry's picture
lilmorecountry

Its that we have made it easier in this country to live in lower expectations. Before the minimum wage you only did that job to get by you wanted to move out and up as fast as possible, now you have people in these jobs entirey to long. Same thing goes for wellfare, foodstamps and unemployment insurance these things used to suck barley allowing you to get by so people got off them as fast as possible now u have people comfterable with the lifestyle afforded to them by these checks it shouldn't be that way. These programs also make it less likely for u to work as if you are getting 500 a week and i offer u a job for what your labor is worth at 500 a week you most likely wont be motivated untill i offer you more than your labor is worth on the market. If you actually want employment and pay in minimum wage jobs to go up you should push for stricter immigration laws as the surplus of workers caused by illegal immigration is devaluing your labor. I think the fact that you need some higher understanding of economics to get into these concepts drives a wedge between highschool educated and the college students because we understand that when the goverment promises to give you something it doesnt actually mean its the best thing for you.

CollegeConservative
Quote CollegeConservative:

Its that we have made it easier in this country to live in lower expectations. Before the minimum wage you only did that job to get by you wanted to move out and up as fast as possible, now you have people in these jobs entirey to long. Same thing goes for wellfare, foodstamps and unemployment insurance these things used to suck barley allowing you to get by so people got off them as fast as possible now u have people comfterable with the lifestyle afforded to them by these checks it shouldn't be that way. These programs also make it less likely for u to work as if you are getting 500 a week and i offer u a job for what your labor is worth at 500 a week you most likely wont be motivated untill i offer you more than your labor is worth on the market. If you actually want employment and pay in minimum wage jobs to go up you should push for stricter immigration laws as the surplus of workers caused by illegal immigration is devaluing your labor. I think the fact that you need some higher understanding of economics to get into these concepts drives a wedge between highschool educated and the college students because we understand that when the goverment promises to give you something it doesnt actually mean its the best thing for you.

obviously you've never been on unemployment , and you are either very nieve , or not a collage student (fake profile created for promoting conservative propaganda) , people can't get by on a single minimum wage job and never could ... and nothing is ever comfortable for anyone (food stamps /welfare) unless they sell drugs on the side , and unemployment cuts your previous wages in half ... if it was so fucking comfortable ... there wouldn't be a bunch of occupyers protesting in the streets ... you fucking disease

lilmorecountry's picture
lilmorecountry

what about selling drugs on the side there are billions of non-violent criminals , locked up so private people can make a profit from the state or federal gov. how do you justify that shit

lilmorecountry's picture
lilmorecountry

u better get up out the way ... tomorrow rides on its fate today ... i don't give a fuck what u think or say . cuz we don't like this whole place anyway ...

hollywood undead .... ha ha , i hope you do ok when you graduate ... but if you are rich ... don't for get about the people that broke their backs get put you on top ... the 1% have an obligation to their country and the people in it ... some of them understand that , some of them exploit it ... with great power comes great responsibility (spiderman "stan lee") lol ... there is a big diffrence in ungreatful and unappreciated

lilmorecountry's picture
lilmorecountry

Hi! Welcome to the THC! Please leave your guns at the door.

nimblecivet's picture
nimblecivet
Quote lilmorecountry:

people can't get by on a single minimum wage job and never could ... and nothing is ever comfortable for anyone (food stamps /welfare) unless they sell drugs on the side , and unemployment cuts your previous wages in half ... if it was so fucking comfortable ... there wouldn't be a bunch of occupyers protesting in the streets ... you fucking disease

I know people that have gotten by on minimum wage my best friend right now does he works 40 hours a week and lives within that. Now he doesnt go out much and he eats a lot of ramen and bikes and walks more but hes getting by. People are trying to get the american dream while working these jobs which just isnt possible. You pay your dues and work up the ladder maybe not have kids until u can afford to provide for them. Look im not saying that these programs arent needed all im saying is that by trying to take the stigma away and giving more you are making it to easy for the people on these systems we need to return to the way it was in the 50s with these programs or maybe its a 0% intrest loan instead of a hand out and when u get a job u start paying it back out of your discretionary income. The occupyers by the way are nothing but punks i know people in occupy because they wouldnt accept the 11 dollar and hour starting job as a mail boy cause it was beneath his degree so now hes on unemployment.

CollegeConservative

if people are joining occupy cause they can't be rich , they won't be satisfied with the end result ... the real leaders of occupy aren't pushing for a free ride ... when james town had problems it was jhon smith who said if you don't work you don't eat ... but things are diffrent ... every square inch of americia is somones property , it's not just free land as far as the eye can see these days ... but i still think you are wrong about them it is a social convention that they can trust is out for them , maybe some day people will realize we all live like kings now , we just want to make sure that this life style doesn't go away ... as for debt ... education should be free , it is up to the person to have the gumption to be a better person ... moochers suck , but someone has to be poor . we should be proud to be less fortunate , because together , we create the truly powerful ... and they should know this

lilmorecountry's picture
lilmorecountry
Quote nimblecivet:

Hi! Welcome to the THC! Please leave your guns at the door.

glad u stopped by to say high (get it high-thc lol ) but really do you have an opinion

lilmorecountry's picture
lilmorecountry

This is what CC does on weekends, when the forum traffic is light. He engages in conversations with his alter ego, "lilmorecountry"

Is there a clinical term for this kind of behavior?

Failure to respond to post #19 is clearly an admission of guilt.

CC, you should channel your "lilmorecountry" inner self more often. He makes a lil more sense. And that ain't sayin much.

anti-Republicon

Not me

CollegeConservative
Quote CollegeConservative:
Quote lilmorecountry:

people can't get by on a single minimum wage job and never could ... and nothing is ever comfortable for anyone (food stamps /welfare) unless they sell drugs on the side , and unemployment cuts your previous wages in half ... if it was so fucking comfortable ... there wouldn't be a bunch of occupyers protesting in the streets ... you fucking disease

I know people that have gotten by on minimum wage my best friend right now does he works 40 hours a week and lives within that. Now he doesnt go out much and he eats a lot of ramen and bikes and walks more but hes getting by. People are trying to get the american dream while working these jobs which just isnt possible. You pay your dues and work up the ladder maybe not have kids until u can afford to provide for them. Look im not saying that these programs arent needed all im saying is that by trying to take the stigma away and giving more you are making it to easy for the people on these systems we need to return to the way it was in the 50s with these programs or maybe its a 0% intrest loan instead of a hand out and when u get a job u start paying it back out of your discretionary income. The occupyers by the way are nothing but punks i know people in occupy because they wouldnt accept the 11 dollar and hour starting job as a mail boy cause it was beneath his degree so now hes on unemployment.

The American Dream used to be a nice house, great paying job, a family and a secure future into your later years. Now the American Dream according to people like CC is a job and not dying of starvation. and by the way, most of the people who make up the Occupy Movement are employed and like their jobs. They are striving for a better life for everyone.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

How can u occupy if u have to go to work?

CollegeConservative

Currently Chatting

Keystone would be way worse than we thought!

We already know that the Keystone XL pipeline is a disaster waiting to happen. But, it turns out that the impact of that tar sands pipeline could be even worse than we thought. According to a new study by the Stockholm Environmental Institute, Keystone could add four times more carbon pollution to our atmosphere than the State Department originally estimated.