HCAP dictates a life or death sentence

3 posts / 0 new

I'm the daughter of an 82 year old leukemia patient whose care is being compromised by one of the US largest medical Corporations HCAP over Memorial Day weekend May 2012. This week they shut down my mother's Cancer Center in So Florida Aventura and fired her Oncologist with no notice for no reason. We've been lied to and given the run around by HCAP. It is a tragic political move by the Aventura Cancer Center. HCAP is tied to Bain Capital, Mitt Romney and Rick Scott. Now they are putting Profits before Peoples' lives. No communication has been given as to why. Imagine having your doctor disappear in the midst of being blood transfusion dependent, undergoing chemo, or radiation. A week later staff rumored that they may put another physician in charge after I found a reporter to cover the story, but again no one patient was formally notified. I have been told by a source this is called Abandonment of Care and that a corporation cannot come between a patient and their doctor. Please see this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospital_Corporation_of_America

We are actively trying to find a solution with an outside hospital but feel no trust for these 'people' now in charge of her care. Her next transfusion is less than a week away and she now has to start from scratch to find help. Her care is life and death and this corporation has not only tried to destroy a physician's career but dramatically affected hundreds of lives in the immediate area.

Katherine Speer's picture
Katherine Speer

Comments

Just like warmongers, crony capitalists are more than willing to accept cases like your mother as "collateral damage" in the pursuit of personal gain. This is truly tragic and I'm afraid it is one of many such cases across the country. I wish you the best of luck for your mother.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

Rick Scott killed another Floridian last month with his refusal to return the money Floridians have paid for medicaid. The refund or delivery of product bought is manifested in Medicaid expansion under ACA which he refused. His refusal forced a Floridian needing treatment, covered by medicaid, to go untreated and then die. He had to pay a fine and reimburse the govt when he ws found guilty of medicare fraud, so maybe he's trying to recover his stolen loot by denying medical treatment to his constituents. Medicaid has a low imbursement rate so by freeing physicians from offering low cost, low margin treatment, he could get kickbacks from them. They might be the same ones he colluded with in the medicaire fraud. 17,000 will die a year in those states refusing medicaid expansion, so figure a 1000 dollars per patient killed and you get $17,000,000.00 a year. In a few years his share of the 17 mil split with Jindal and Perry among others, should eventually cover the 25 million he paid for his fraud fine.(maybe 125 mil?) The pro-life party is also pro-fraud, pro-money, pro-bribe, or pro-anything that pays more than life.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Currently Chatting

Should public radio program in the public interest?

NPR is supposed to be our national public radio, but they're barely covering climate issues that are in the public's interest.

Only one month ago, a national New York Times/CBS News poll found that half of all Americans think that global warming is already having a serious impact. Sixty percent of those surveyed even said that protecting our environment should be a priority “even at the risk of curbing economic growth.”