I just got my name on the ballot for Precinct Delegate. YOU only have a few days left to do so.

1 post / 0 new
DemocracyForOne
DemocracyForOne's picture

So I'm getting active and come August 7th I will officially be a precinct delegate in the Democratic Party (here in Michigan you only need one vote and I don't have any "challengers.")

The deadline to file in Michigan is May 15th and I assume it's the same or close to in most other states. So what are you waiting for? It also appears that over half of the delegate seats around the country are left open; no one even registers to become one and those positions are then vacant for the next two years!

You fill out the form, get it notarized, and turn it into your local clerk's office or county election department. Done. I've looked around and most large counties have all the information and printable forms on their website. Smaller/rural counties don't seem to be this up to speed, but nothing a phone call can't resolve I'm sure.

I'm currently working on speeches and literature in order to get myself elected to a state level delegate. Who knows, maybe I can even get myself sent to DC to make some noise.

I'm also working on a website to organize progressive/liberal delegates so that we can push a concise and uniform platform throughout the party in multiple states.

If you have any questions or need help in the next few days on getting your name on the ballot then post them here and I'll see what I can do.