I'm Baffled: Why Do People Sujpport WIsconsin Gov. Walker?

37 posts / 0 new

From the Wisconsin Trenches:

I must be missing something, so I would appreciate someone explaining to me why people living below the top 1% income level support Gov. Walker? I also have a hard time appreciating Gov. Walker’s methods (and the state Republicans) of running the State Government. Gov. Walker takes bills written by out of state right wing (i.e. A.L.E.C.) interests, does not offer explanations of the bills, nor does he offer opportunities to have hearings to get input from Wisconsinites that might improve the bills. Rather the bills are introduced and passed at lightning speed, with at best lip service to the democratic process of getting input on them. State Laws have even been passed at night! This is not the open process of a Democracy; this is forcing a narrow-minded political agenda onto us all! This is bad no matter who is in power! All of us working together are smarter than any one of us (or a few) working on one’s own!

I also have a hard time appreciating Gov. Walker’s policy to de-fund BadgerCare and food stamps, and his privatizing/limiting the W-2 program. From a Public Health standpoint these are going to weaken our communities and cause many Wisconsinites to suffer even more. For what do you think will be the impact on Wisconsin communities when tens of thousands of people won’t be able to get the needed services to meet their basic needs? There are no substitute “safety net” programs.

Do we Wisconsinites really want a Governor who’s stated intent is to “divide and conquer Wisconsinites?” Do we really want a Governor who spends his time outside of Wisconsin giving speeches to various right wing groups? And finally, do we want a Governor who refuses to answer the question of why he formed a legal defense fund?

innerjoy's picture
innerjoy

Comments

Walker explained how it works. Divide and conquer. It's really rather easy. You pit serf A against serf B through taxation. Everybody hates to pay taxes so they focus on all the free goodies that serf B is receiving from serf A's hard earned money. Then they sick serf A on union serf B because they are giving their hard earned money to them as well. Pretty soon all the serf A's are looking to kill any serf B they can get their hands on. They can blame all of the world's problems on serf B. All the King's men and all the King's court then feast on wild game and drink while watching the game. Serf A makes a fine little pet.

Little does serf A know how much of his "hard earned money" the King and his court are actually skimming away for their own little pet projects for themselves and their friends. Serf A is too busy chasing down serf B to notice.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

Demographics?

Out of work white men?

chilidog

Scott Walker does not want Wisconsin to become like Illinois, and enough people see what the situation is south of their boarder, so they vote for him. It's pretty simple.

The Dems have controlled Illinois long enough that they have just about bankrupted the state!

mauiman58's picture
mauiman58

What has happened in many states is that politicians have given overly generous benefits and silly job protections to unions in exchange for political support and campaign donations.

They cleverly focused the bulk of the benefits into retirement programs so they did not have to make the tough fiscal decisions needed to fund it as the costs will not be expended till they are well out of office. This had led to hundreds of billions of dollars in unfunded pension guarantees.

WorkerBee's picture
WorkerBee

You must have forgot about this or left it out of your post on purpose......

What has happened in many states is that politicians have given overly generous benefits and silly job protections to those "non union scab types" in exchange for political support and campaign donations.

Shouldn't be to hard for you to figure out who is on this list or sucking on the government tit at the expense of the taxpayers.

Since unions didn't give us the current economic mess or any other why does your types always want to blame them?

Why don't you put the blame where it really belongs or are you afraid to?

Sprinklerfitter's picture
Sprinklerfitter

Because he told them exactly what he would do if elected. They elected him based on that promise. He did exactly what he said he would. People like that. I know I do.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

He told them what he was going to do but he forgot to tell them HOW he was going to do it. That's like promising that I can reduce your body weight by about a third without any pills or special diets. Most people would be pretty excited about that too. I would fulfill my promise by cutting your leggs off at the hips. Be wary of big promises that sound too good to be true. Walker is just another snake oil salesman.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

All this discussion will be over on Tuesday night. Let the good people of Wisconsin decide what they want. Then shup up and stop complaining.

THISAA's picture
THISAA
Quote Bush_Wacker:

He told them what he was going to do but he forgot to tell them HOW he was going to do it. That's like promising that I can reduce your body weight by about a third without any pills or special diets. Most people would be pretty excited about that too. I would fulfill my promise by cutting your leggs off at the hips. Be wary of big promises that sound too good to be true. Walker is just another snake oil salesman.

Nope. He told them that excessive government benefits could not be sustained. He was pretty straight with that. Most people are more concerned with their own finances. They really don't care if their union neighbors lose a little of their massive goody package. Let the greedy grabbers live in the real world too.

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote Sprinklerfitter:Since unions didn't give us the current economic mess or any other why does your types always want to blame them?

I don't see this as being connected with the current economic problems, this is more of a time bomb that is still ticking. Though, to be fair, the downturn certainly did not help with pension funds though that is not an issue of the long term. Hopefully....

WorkerBee's picture
WorkerBee

Maybe they got Stan-Smith Syndrome....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuWC8DT-pbI

antikakistocrat's picture
antikakistocrat
Quote rigel1:
Quote Bush_Wacker:

Nope. He told them that excessive government benefits could not be sustained. He was pretty straight with that. Most people are more concerned with their own finances. They really don't care if their union neighbors lose a little of their massive goody package. Let the greedy grabbers live in the real world too.

Wrong once again rigel. I have some very good friends who live in Wisconsin. Both hardcore republicans. One of them has already switched parties. They have both been following this since before any of us heard about it. They both are pretty pissed.

As the campaign rolled near a close, in late October 2010, Walker told the Oshkosh Northwestern that he would "ask all state workers" for wage and benefit concessions in the collective bargaining process.

After the election, he proposed imposing concessions without negotiating and eliminating benefits as a topic of collective bargaining.

Walker told the Oshkosh newspaper that if unions don’t give in on concessions, he would turn to furloughs to get cost savings.

The use of furloughs was the approach taken by then-Gov. Jim Doyle, a fairly typical cost-savings tactic. After the election, Walker said he wanted to avoid furloughs in favor of the concessions on health and pension costs, and wanted to limit bargaining to wages.

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2011/feb/22/scott-walker/wisconsin-gov-scott-walker-says-he-campaigned-his-/

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

I don't think Walker was very honest in his campaign

Art's picture
Art

Friday Bill Clinton showed up and campaigned for Tom Barrett. I think that the DEMS are beginning to take action in support of Barrett. We will just have to wait and see how things turn out on Tuesday.

delete jan in iowa

I finally have figured out why liberals don't like Scott Walker. He said he would give the power back to the taxpayers and would stand up to special interest groups(public service unions). These words have been uttered by many a politician. The difference is that walker did, what he said he would do and Wisconsin is better off. The public service unions thought that their cadillac benefits were untouchable. But walker stayed true to his campaign statement. He put the taxpayers back in charge. Wisconsin voters know what they get with Walker and that is why he will come out on top Next tueday. Tom Barrett has never said how he would handle the budget short fall. His only answer is to raise taxes and take our state back to the way we where.Wisconsin does not want to go back to the way it was. Thats why Tom Barrett is called Backwards Barrett. Walker gets my vote.

whiskeyman's picture
whiskeyman

Unemployment rate dropping- union membership going down significantly with voluntary dues payment. the state has gone from a budget deficit of $1.8 billion to a surplus of $275 million

stwo's picture
stwo

Wisconsinites are pragmatic. What decided the 2010 election was two things - voter turn out and the debt/deficit.

The energy for the recall came from unions which is fine and good. There were other groups - like family farmers - at the protests but the large majority of the folks were union workers. This focus was great for the protests and even signing petitions for the recall.

BUT

Focusing on union politics does not sway independent voters which is the group we need to win over to win a general election. In fact, the large focus on union politics can often turn independents off and it also alienates the allies we had at the protests because they get no indication that their concerns will be dealt with should Barrett be elected. Additionally, the vast majority of the independents are voting on two issues - job creation and debt reduction. The job creation perception is being heavily skewed by disinformation ads in the Walker campaign and Democrats have largely remained silent on their plan to simultaneously restore union rights and reduce debt. This leave the public with one view - Walker's view - that union rights and debt reduction are mutually exclusive and negatively correlated.

So, in my opinion, a lot of this is bad message focus on the Dems part and a lot of lying about jobs on Walker's part. The combination of the two are causing issues. If there was anything else I would point to is that Barrett and the Democratic groups taking out ads are doing too much negative campaigning. I hear too much about why Walker is an a-hole and not enough about who in the hell Tom Barrett is and why I should vote for him. People are not inspired to not vote for someone - they need someone they can trust and get behind. Furthermore, negative ad campaigns are statistically shown to reduce voter turnout and if low voter turn outs result in Republican wins.... then it would seem like common sense that Dems should never run a negative campaign. Apparently we haven't learned that lesson yet.

ah2

How has walker skewed the jobs numbers? Do you mean that walker used the survey of 97% of wisconsin businesses? Instead of the 3.5 % survey that the federal govt. uses? As of thursday The wisconsin workforce development numbers have beeen confirmed by the federal govt. You are correct about Tom Barrett he is unwilling to say what his plan is, because he has no plan, beside raising taxes. Wisconsin voters don't want a lap dog for the public service unions, we had that in doyle. Wisconsin is turning the corner and when this recall is behind us you will see and even larger number of businesses moving to wisconsin and businesses already in wisconsin adding to their work forces. Walker gets my vote again.

whiskeyman's picture
whiskeyman

It seems that Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) might have been overreaching when he promised to create 250,000 new jobs in his first term. While Walker has spent the last twelve months slashing state budgets and busting unions, Wisconsinites have been dealing with the consequences. New data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics show that Walker’s state saw the largest decrease in jobs over the last year, dropping nearly a full percentage point:

Over the year, nonfarm employment increased in 45 states and the District of Columbia, decreased in 4 states, and was unchanged in Alabama. The largest over-the-year percentage increase occurred in North Dakota (+6.5 percent). The largest over-the-year percentage decrease in employment occurred in Wisconsin (-0.9 percent).

Walker, meanwhile, told Newsmax this week that, “We ultimately saw a net increase in jobs this year.” That is incorrect, unless by ‘we’ he means a group other than Wisconsinites.

This just adds more evidence to an already existing trend: states with the most drastic budget cuts are seeing the most job losses. Budget slashing at the state level is stalling growth and reducing GDP.

Supplementing that argument are the employment totals for just the month of March. Ohio, which is led by austerity-happy Gov. John Kasich (R), lost 9,500 jobs. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) saw his state drop 8,600 jobs. And Wisconsin dropped 4,500 last month.

The era of austerity clearly hasn’t worked. Instead, these statistics show that conservative budgets have made things worse in the states where they were supposedly going to turn economies around.

From Think Progress

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
Quote Bush_Wacker:
Quote rigel1:
Quote Bush_Wacker:

Wrong once again rigel. I have some very good friends who live in Wisconsin. Both hardcore republicans. One of them has already switched parties. They have both been following this since before any of us heard about it. They both are pretty pissed.

As the campaign rolled near a close, in late October 2010, Walker told the Oshkosh Northwestern that he would "ask all state workers" for wage and benefit concessions in the collective bargaining process.

After the election, he proposed imposing concessions without negotiating and eliminating benefits as a topic of collective bargaining.

Walker told the Oshkosh newspaper that if unions don’t give in on concessions, he would turn to furloughs to get cost savings.

The use of furloughs was the approach taken by then-Gov. Jim Doyle, a fairly typical cost-savings tactic. After the election, Walker said he wanted to avoid furloughs in favor of the concessions on health and pension costs, and wanted to limit bargaining to wages.

http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2011/feb/22/scott-walker/wisconsin-gov-scott-walker-says-he-campaigned-his-/

I did not see anything in there where he claimed that the public sector would be off limits. The days of special protection are over. If the economy is tanking it is immoral for the government to have a special protected class funded by those who are at risk. The risk and sacrifice should be shared by all. No more special treatment. Union greed has created much of the issues that they are facing today. I can't believe that people in Wisconsin are upset because their union neighbors may no longer be on the gravey train

http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/gov-scott-walker-kept-campaign-promises/

rigel1's picture
rigel1

He promised negotiation with public workers before the election. He imposed concessions on them without any negotiation after the election. That's kind of a big deal. You guys really need to get off of this "gravey train" stuff too. You think that anyone making more money than you do is living the life of Riley or O'Reily. The attack on unions isn't about tax payer money as much as it's about being bitter.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

Hey weedwacker your numbers are from the BLS survey of 3.5 % of wisconsins businesses, while the wisconsin dept. of work force development is a survey of 97% of wisconsin businesses. So whose numbers are more accurate, when it comes to the employment climate in wisconsin? Also the bls came out with a report on wednesday ( 5-31-2012) confirming wis. workforce development numbers as correct. Walker has not busted any unions , he just took away their ability to dictate contracts to the govt. bodies, Because these contracts were unsustainable.

whiskeyman's picture
whiskeyman
The attack on unions isn't about tax payer money as much as it's about being bitter.
You betchums. The best way to enlist these foot soldiers into the Republican Army is to pander to their envy of workers who know how to improve their work situation. It's Walker's divide-and-conquer strategy. It's all about envy.

Art's picture
Art
Quote whiskeyman:

Hey weedwacker your numbers are from the BLS survey of 3.5 % of wisconsins businesses, while the wisconsin dept. of work force development is a survey of 97% of wisconsin businesses. So whose numbers are more accurate, when it comes to the employment climate in wisconsin? Also the bls came out with a report on wednesday ( 5-31-2012) confirming wis. workforce development numbers as correct. Walker has not busted any unions , he just took away their ability to dictate contracts to the govt. bodies, Because these contracts were unsustainable.

So basically you took away the ability to "dictate contracts" from the "people" and gave the ability to "dictate contracts" to the government. I was always led to believe that union contracts were "negotiated" and not dictated. They are dictated now thanks to the super smart voters of Wisconsin. Way to take the power away from the people and hand it to a dictator. You should be so proud and I hope you all get what you deserve if he isn't recalled.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
he just took away their ability to dictate contracts to the govt. bodies
No he didn't. He only dictated that they would not be allowed to negotiate with management. Since when does "negotiate" equal "dictate"? Is this your understanding of how contract negotiation works?

Art's picture
Art

This is not about how much money the public service unions workers make. They still make a very good wage, but now they have to pay a small share of their benefits. Even with the amount they pay for their medical and retirement they do very well . This is about their entitlement mind set. They would rather keep their benefits and see others in the rank and file get laid off, rather then spend a little more for their benefits and keep more of their members working. So much for solidarity.

whiskeyman's picture
whiskeyman

Thank you whiskey for being a shining example of what I am talking about. No I am not talking about the use of the different surveys. Even if you use Walkers numbers from DOWFD, Wisconsin is still deadlast in job creation in the entire country. What I am talking about is Walker circulating ads pointing to Milwaukee's unemployment numbers and pretending like that is all on Barrett and that Walker's state level policies had nothing to do with it. Prior to becoming governor, Walker was Milwaukee County Executive and he cut about 20% of the county's workforce. To pretend that this had no effect on the local economy and unemployment rate is flat out lying. In other words, Walker has been both the County Exec and Governor for a large portion of Barrett's tenure as Mayor of Milwaukee and he is trying to shoulder Barrett with ALL of Milwaukee's problems. As County Exec and Governor, what the hell as Walker done to help out Milwaukee? Taken their tax dollars to run his gubenatorial campaign? Cut Badger Care which disproporationately affects the Milwaukee Area as it is Wisconsin's major urban center with a high number of individuals in poverty? That hurts local economic activity by the way.

Walker CANNOT calim "victory" in the State of Wisconsin in terms of jobs and then simultaneously disavow any claim to the mess Milwaukee is in. It was, in part, his policies that got them there. He also notes that Barrett has been raising taxes. Well, that is what happens when state aid programs get cut. The municipalities have to pick up the slack.

The whole thing is a bunch of garbage and Walker is relying on people being as ignorant as you are to get reelected.

And by the way, unions don't dictate contracts. Contracts are negotiated - a democratic process. What Walker did was made it so that now the government can dictate contracts.

ah2
This is about their entitlement mind set. They would rather keep their benefits and see others in the rank and file get laid off, rather then spend a little more for their benefits and keep more of their members working. So much for solidarity.
So now you're a mind reader, too? Have Union officials announced this strategy? I haven't seen it anywhere.

Art's picture
Art

I was always led to believe that union contracts were "negotiated" and not dictated.

Thats exactly what has happened to you weedwacker. You have been mislead. You are listening to pity me unions. Do you think the unions care about their rank and file. They could give a rat's ass about them , they just want the supply of money to their cofers to continue.

whiskeyman's picture
whiskeyman
Quote Art:
This is about their entitlement mind set. They would rather keep their benefits and see others in the rank and file get laid off, rather then spend a little more for their benefits and keep more of their members working. So much for solidarity.
So now you're a mind reader, too? Have Union officials announced this strategy? I haven't seen it anywhere.

cmon art you are smarter than that. You don't have to be a mindreader to understand, if aid to the school districts, counties and municipalities was cut. then employees would have to be let go. And services would have to be cut. Under act 10 employees are still working and county services are being provided. Dispite what the unions were saying the world didn't end.

whiskeyman's picture
whiskeyman
Quote whiskeyman:

How has walker skewed the jobs numbers? Do you mean that walker used the survey of 97% of wisconsin businesses? Instead of the 3.5 % survey that the federal govt. uses? As of thursday The wisconsin workforce development numbers have beeen confirmed by the federal govt. You are correct about Tom Barrett he is unwilling to say what his plan is, because he has no plan, beside raising taxes. Wisconsin voters don't want a lap dog for the public service unions, we had that in doyle. Wisconsin is turning the corner and when this recall is behind us you will see and even larger number of businesses moving to wisconsin and businesses already in wisconsin adding to their work forces. Walker gets my vote again.

A vote for Walker is a vote for Facism. You are voting for government/corporate control of the state and against Democracy, government/citizen control of the state. I would be so ashamed that I would migrate back to European Imperialism. Modern Republicans are nothing more than British Redcoats. You reap what you sew. Good luck.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
You don't have to be a mindreader to understand, if aid to the school districts, counties and municipalities was cut. then employees would have to be let go.
No you don't. All you need is to look at what Scott Walker has done while, at the same time, giving additional tax breaks to businesses.
Wisconsin lost 23,900 jobs between March 2011 and March 2012, according to data released Tuesday by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. The state’s lead in job losses is significantly greater than the rest of the 50 states: No other state lost more than 3,500 jobs.

The majority of the losses in Wisconsin, 17,800, were in the public sector. However, the state lost more private-sector jobs, 6,100, than any other state. The only other states to report private-sector job losses in the same time period (instead of private-sector gains) were Mississippi and Rhode Island.

I think it's better to go with the numbers that the BLS is actually using rather than numbers that Walker says the BLS will be using sometime after Tuesday's election. Don't politicians get in trouble when they start making promises about things they think are going to happen in the future?

Art's picture
Art

Art the bls uses a survey of 3.5% of wisconsin businesses. The dept. of work force development uses information that is from a survey of 97% of wisconsin businesses. You can use the numbers you want. But the more accurate numbers will come from the dept. of work force development. Libs just hate that walkers reforms are working and this will be a spring board for other states to get the courage to stand up to the public service unions. Taxpayers are in charge in wisconsin and that worries the unions. But the employment numbers is not what is going to get walker through the election. Tom barrett has never said what he would really do if elected. He is not even the first choice of the unions which forced this recall. In fact you don't even hear about the union issue anymore, Why? Because it is a non winning issue for the libs. Wisconsin voters are tired of hearing about how bad the unions have it, seeings as how they still are paid better than similar jobs in the private sector and their benefits are also better than the similar jobs in the private sector. And this is after act 10.

whiskeyman's picture
whiskeyman

Well, turns out the Dept. of Workforce Development does have figures up on line. Gives Wisconsin a .8% drop in unemployment over the last year. Came in #23 in the country. Not so bad. The Dept. of Work Force Development website shows, as of March, 23,900 lost jobs, worst in the country. They say they get their numbers from Local Area Unemployment Statistics (LAUS), something called CPS, and BLS. Did the Wisconsin agency go out and do its own survey?

Art's picture
Art

whisky, you clearly have never been in a union and really don't have any idea what you are talking about. Unions vary from place to place and from field to field. I am a teacher in Wisconsin and have taught in two districts and at the collegiate level and each experience was unionized. The first union I was in was fantastic. It watched out for its members and put up all major contract negotiating points to full membership votes. In this particular case, I can say unequivocally that the local union cared deeply about its members. Additionally, they cared about the community. They lived in the community and shared the property tax burden for their own wages. They were negotiating with a school board full of their close friends and neighbors and the school board members also lived and worked in the community and many of them had children in the schools. Nothing was "dictated" by the union there and the process of negotiation was extremely democratic.

The second community was an extremely wealthy suburb with a lot of old Chicago big money retirees in it. There was a significant separation between a large part of the population of the community and those families that were sending their children to the local schools. While it continues to be one of the more wealthy districts in the state, when I was teaching there they had closed off portions of the exterior to their middle school because bricks were literally falling off the building and could seriously injure people walking on those particular sidewalks. The school board members were largely individuals who did not work in the community and most of them had no children in the schools. Before I arrived the board intentionally hired a principal that would "union bust" in the district. The union itself was highly politicized and some of the officers were in with the principal and not looking out for the members. Decision were made in back rooms. There were three tenured teachers wrongfully fired in the short time I worked there and the union rolled over and did nothing. While I was there, the union never settled a contract and we were QEO'ed both years I worked there.

For those that don't know QEO stands for Qualified Economic Offer and this was Tommy Thompson's method of removing arbtiration from the contract negotiations and it effective also removed union's ability to bargain for wages. So, this is nothing new. Same shit different method.

As for my university experience. The union is large and decisions are centralized but open to membership vote and participation. The officers look out for our interests and they have a very tough time negotiating terms with the University. Again, nothing dictated.

As for your comments regarding pay, these are largely unfounded. I always make the point that this largely depends on who your comparison group is. For most state union workers, we are state workers precisely because there is no or very little private sector in our field. For teachers, our "private sector" is private schools which are largely non-profit parochial schools. If this is to be my comparison group, then I would say your statement is accurate. Public teachers get paid better than private school teachers for the most part with some rare exceptions. However, if my comparison group are individuals that work in primarily private sector fields BUT have similar education levels, degree requirement, and work loads to public school teachers, then it is an unequivocal NO that we get paid more. These studies are often slanted by what the researcher chose to make the comparison group.

Finally, the recall is about more than just unions. It is about dismal job numbers. It is about corporate welfare. It is about billionaires that don't pay taxes. It is about no bid contracts for our state property. It is about collusion and cronyism with Koch Bros. It is about the thousands of family farmers that lost their health insurance through Badger Care. It is about a Governor who is investigation for campaign finance fraud. It is about retaining our right to open meetings, due process, and access to public buildings WE OWN. It is about the right for individuals to bargain for their labor conditions and employment agreements (which has been upheld several times by the Supreme Court) in what ever way they see fit - for unions or otherwise. And mostly it is about democratic cooperation. The belief that we all benefit from mutual cooperation and a sense of civic responsibility to one another.

This is something you would only understand by participating in something that is greater than yourself. I only hope that you might be able to experience that one day whisky.

ah2

Some more from the Wisconsin trenches.

So far the investigators have charged six people with 15 felonies; one person, who turned himself in to prosecutors, was convicted on two counts:

* Timothy Russell (former deputy chief of staff to Milwaukee County Executive Scott Walker) was charged with two felonies, and one misdemeanor related to embezzlement of donations intended for Wisconsin veterans in a special fund, which was created at Walker's direction. The money was used by Russell and his partner, Brian Pierick, to take a few vacations. Read the criminal complaint here.

* Brian Pierick (partner of Timothy Russell): charged with two felonies involving child solicitation. It appears Russell's phone records led to Pierick and a nasty story about two men soliciting a 17-year old minor for sex. Read the criminal complaint here.

* Kevin Kavanaugh (appointed by Walker as a county veterans' official): charged with five felonies related to embezzlement from the veterans fund. Kavanaugh appears to have been raiding the funds separately from Russell. Read the criminal complaint here.

* Kelly Rindfleisch (former deputy chief of staff to then-Milwaukee County Executive Scott Walker): charged with four felonies relating to campaign fundraising while on the county payroll. Rindfleisch's worked on a secret wifi system in her office just steps away from Walker's office. Rindfleisch continued to work for Walker's campaign until she was charged. Read the criminal complaint here.

* Darlene Wink (former aide to then-Milwaukee County Executive Scott Walker): pled guilty to two unclassified misdemeanors as part of a deal that she made with the prosecutors relating to working on campaign fundraising while on the county payroll. Winks office was down a short hallway from Walker's. Read the complaint here.

* William Gardner (President and CEO of Wisconsin & Southern Railroad): Gardner pled guilty to felony violations of Wisconsin's election campaign laws in April of 2011. Gardner tried to convince prosecutors that his $50,000 in illegal contributions to Walker, which he funneled through his employees and a girlfriend, was an innocent mistake, except he had done the same thing the previous year. Read the criminal complaint here

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

Currently Chatting

Is George Zimmerman Right?

It's time to listen to George Zimmerman. Seriously, and I'll explain in a minute.