Jobs leave US/UK for nothing but pure profit

9 posts / 0 new

These jobs are not done any better in fact often worse, but the bottom line? NAKED GREED!!!
Bring back consumer activism,
Bank of America moving 400000 jobs out of US?
Move your money/account to another bank.
In the UK banks that received huge bailouts and so are mostly taxpayer owned banks, award huge bonus payments BIGGER than pre 2008.
Move your money/account to another bank.
ETC ETC.

Markthomson1969.'s picture
Markthomson1969.

Comments

Then why not be more competitive with your policies than the places they are leaving to.

CollegeConservative's picture
CollegeConservative

How can we compete with with countries who's average wages are $5000 a year?
Make that our wage? Or use my money to buy goods/services that are home based first ergo supporting my fellow countrymen not another country.

Markthomson1969.

No but we can decrease the taxes and regulations that are driving them away. We can also crack down on china for the treatment of its workers ,pollution and currency tampering. China is becoming a 1st world entity we can no longer allow it to act like a third world country.

CollegeConservative

I totally agree with your points on China but isn't that just one and the same with my argument?

Get those jobs back home, stop this outsourcing of our own workers jobs and get our economies back on track!

As for the tax? Surely your pulling my leg!
I'm sure your aware some of these huge companys pay ZERO tax!!

2 that spring to mind immediately,
US: General Electric No tax paid 2011 !!!

UK: Vodaphone £6,000,000,000 that's BILLION owed to taxman and their getting some shady deal to get away with all, if not most of it. When joe public is told austerity is only hope to survive.

If they make huge profit in our country why is it they should pay less tax than me?

That sentence on its own should make any ordinary man or woman disgusted enough, to want to change this broken system, where I pay more than the biggest mobile phone operator in UK.

I believe in paying my taxes, I believe it helps the people who need help most. Social security, a wonderful NHS, if I fall ill and cannot work I get help back.

Why are these huge conglomerates such a special case,they need not contribute a single £ / $ to the goverment??

Answers on the back of a stamp please, should be plenty of room!

Markthomson1969.

Because th. Produce more good for your countrythan you do that's why they get the taxbreak.

CollegeConservative

That's not really answering any of my questions.

Being good for my country doesn't entitle "tax breaks"
Simply making more FROM my country doesn't entitle "tax breaks"
By that logic anybody making more money than me shouldn't pay taxes.

I'm not saying business shouldn't in some circumstances be given incentives but come on, zero paid back vs an 11 digit profit??

If I can work 65hrs a week for £20000, then lose 22% just in income tax never mind V.A.T, fuel duty etc, these company's must pay too.

Anything else is just plain wrong,wrong,wrong!!

Markthomson1969.
Quote CollegeConservative:

No but we can decrease the taxes and regulations that are driving them away. We can also crack down on china for the treatment of its workers ,pollution and currency tampering. China is becoming a 1st world entity we can no longer allow it to act like a third world country.

Taxes and regulations aren't driving anybody away. Taxes and regulations are the lowest they have ever been in this country. This is the country of choice to start a business based on taxes. The reason other countries are kicking our ass in stealing our businesses away is because they can provide slave labor. Labor costs can be a much higher liability to a company than taxes so if a country allows you to utilize their labor force for pennies on the dollar of what is humane then that's where these greedy bastards are going to go.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

Which leads us back to the only thing these people/corporations hold sacred,
Profits!
If consumers vote with their feet and boycott as many products as possible from the offending parties, I'm sure we'll get the boardrooms attention!

Markthomson1969.

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.