Occupy "Plot" a Distraction to day of Protests?

5 posts / 0 new

Several hours ago the FBI dramatically announced it had disrupted a conspiracy to blow up a major highway bridge in the Cleveland, OH area by five men loosely connected to the Occupy movement. DO NOT ACCEPT THIS NARRATIVE AT FACE VALUE. I'm fairly certain that what we are seeing here is a continuation by the Obama administration of a Bush practice named by Keith Olbermann as "The Nexus of Politics and Terror". That is, whenever there is a major political event or some embarrassing news about to break that is unfavorable to the powers-that-be, the feds conveniently "foil" some kind of terror threat to the country that sucks up the corporate news coverage from what they don't want to be covered. I'm almost certain that is what is happening here.

The five schmucks arrested in connection with this "plot" supposedly have anarchist connections to the Occupy movement, listing their occupations on Facebook as "Occupy Movement". This looks to be another case of a bunch of big-talking pub crawlers being talked into trying to do something by an FBI "informant" that they would never have the means or skills to do on their own, and then busted with much ado by the feds at a time the government would rather you not pay attention to some other big event.

Thom, this is going to be the major lead on every corporate newscast tonight, I guarantee it. They are going to pretty much either ignore the Occupy protests or use this "plot" to discredit the movement.

PaulW's picture
PaulW

Comments

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405270230405030457737785161202497...

"The five men are self-described anarchists who had formed their own group, according to one official. The official said that during the investigation, several of the suspects repeatedly complained that the Occupy Wall Street movement, which had spread to other cities from New York, wasn't violent enough."

"According to an affidavit filed by FBI agent Ryan Taylor, the group was infiltrated by a paid informant. Over the course of several months, its members discussed in recorded conversations a number of potential targets, including a train, a federal counterterrorism center and a neo-Nazi or Ku Klux Klan office."

Sounds real to me. Time will tell.

mjolnir's picture
mjolnir

Yeah peacefully OCCUPY the BILDERBERG MEETING in Chantilly Virginia come May 31.

This is something everyone can come together on no matter where they stand politically.

The answer to 1984 is 1776.

antikakistocrat's picture
antikakistocrat

I am VERY skeptical of this story.

OWS strikes a nerve that is so close to the truth... it hurts.

If OWS was just a bunch of lazy, stinky, kids... then why do the powers that be care if they camp out a park for a while? If OWS didn't have a vital message, you could just ignore them and they would go away.

OWS is spot on, 100% correct! Anyone who takes 10 minutes to think about what the movement is and what the goal of it is, will be on board. You have to deliberately force yourself NOT to agree with them!

No one of a sane mind thinks that buying off politicians to avert the rule of law is a good thing to do.

This has "false flag" written all over it.

This "false flag" is our DEMOCRATIC government doing what they do. BTW, it's the SAME as the REPUBLICAN government. Wake up to that fact of life folks! We've been hoodwinked, scammed, run a muck, bamboozled, we didn't land on Plymouth Rock... Plymout Rock landed on us! (I got a little carried away there... "Get your hand out of my pocket!" Damn! I did it again!)

There are far too many people that still hold on to hope thinking that Obama is a liberal. He's just a nice guy who has made some mistakes along the way.

Is it a coincidence that the president is out of the country today? "Hey! I didn't do it! I have an alibi! I was out of town when that random stranger (that mysteriously has my cell phone number) killed my wife that I hate and would have to pay half of what I worked for if we got divorced!"

I am willing to wager... another in a long list of inside jobs.

We have CORPORATE PRISONS AND OUR HEADS OF STATE WANT TO CENSOR THE INTERNET!!! Come on, people! Listen! Look around! This isn't fun and games and who gets to be on the "winning" side of things!

Politics is not a sporting event. Snap out of it!

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian

The 1968 TV movie "Shadow on the Land" was based on Sinclair Lewis's "It Can't Happen Here" and seems to be very prophetic about 21st century America. It made quite an impression on me when I saw it. Too bad it was made by ABC (Disney) who won't release it on DVD even though folks would be interested in buying it. It would be public domain by now if Disney had not messed things up with the DMCA. Opening 3 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awU4u9CbMtE

BTW, are the Afghani's going to foot the bill for the 10 more years of US bases? Or are the American middle class expected to? There's something to riot about.

captbebops's picture
captbebops

Currently Chatting

GOP Blocks Equal Pay...again.

Just in time for election season, Senate Republicans blocked legislation aimed at closing the gender pay gap. For the third time since 2012, Republicans refused to allow debate on the Paycheck Fairness Act, and reminded women that the GOP doesn't believe in equal pay for equal work.