The oligarchs are getting ready for the 2012 election

22 posts / 0 new

Multi-millionaire political operative Karl Rove and his Crossroads SuperPAC are launching a $25 million ad campaign blitz in ten battleground states on Thursday. The ads – which will air in key states like Florida, Michigan, and Ohio – hammer the President on his handling of the economy – despite the fact that President Obama has created more than 4 million private sector jobs over the course of 26 straight months – and recouped all the private sectors jobs wiped out in the first few months of his administration by the Bush Great Recession.

But with an endless supply of corporate and billionaire cash – Karl Rove plans to distort the truth in his latest spending assault. And others working on behalf of Mitt Romney’s and the Koch brothers’ SuperPACs are also pledging hundreds of millions of dollars to negative and misleading ads. Thanks to Citizens United – millionaires and billionaires like Rove, the Kochs, and Romney can now speak much louder than average voters. The biggest question in the mind of many Americans as we approach this November is, quite simply, "Will American democracy survive this onslaught of corrupt corporate, foreign, and billionaire cash?"

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

Mr. Hartmann,

Does this Rove bad=Obama good tactic fool your listeners? Isn't it possible that they are both bad? You are not so naive to think that there is any difference between Bush and Obama, are you?

TheFirstLeftist's picture
TheFirstLeftist

For me the biggest question is are enough Americans smart enough and brave enough to ignore the criminal onslough of media manipulation, through which the oligarchs are trying to choke the final breaths of our United States as a true Constitutional Republic?

Election funding must again be regulated enough so that people's access to truth is always protected, and they are able to choose their own government leaders, without being influenced by pychological brainwashing.

Karolina's picture
Karolina

It depends have most Americans made the Bilderberg connection as well as the Bain Capital connection between Obama and Romney ?

Americans weren't smart enough in 2008 when both Obama and McCain ran for President. Neither were enough Americans smart enough to realize that Obama was an Indonesian citizen and McCain a Panamanian one. Poor Nader he actually won the Presidency but was screwed out of it by an ignorant public. That's what happens when politicians don't follow the US Constitution and we as citizens allow them to get away with it.

antikakistocrat's picture
antikakistocrat

I think the problem is actually pretty straight forward: When 'money talks', nothing else is heard...

Kerry's picture
Kerry
Quote antikakistocrat:

Americans weren't smart enough in 2008 when both Obama and McCain ran for President. Neither were enough Americans smart enough to realize that Obama was an Indonesian citizen and McCain a Panamanian one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Thanks, you've made my day!!! I vote for you to be the official "Jester" for this blog!

delete jan in iowa
Quote jan in iowa:
Quote antikakistocrat:

Americans weren't smart enough in 2008 when both Obama and McCain ran for President. Neither were enough Americans smart enough to realize that Obama was an Indonesian citizen and McCain a Panamanian one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Thanks, you've made my day!!! I vote for you to be the official "Jester" for this blog!

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you exibit A.

antikakistocrat

I thought Anti was being serious.

camaroman's picture
camaroman

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/28/us/politics/obama-bundlers-have-ties-to-lobbying.html?pagewanted=all

http://mikesright.wordpress.com/2012/04/23/obamas-8-billion-taxpayer-funded-reelection-shell-game/

http://www.policymic.com/debates/4454/should-tax-payers-foot-barack-obama-s-reelection-fundraising-bills%26referral=latest_comments

Doesn't look like O will have any problem raising funds from the taxpayers and lobbyists.

camaroman's picture
camaroman

Is it fair for President Obama to take advantage of his office to fund his reelection campaign and should taxpayers have to pay for his trips?

camaroman's picture
camaroman
Is it fair for President Obama to take advantage of his office to fund his reelection campaign and should taxpayers have to pay for his trips?
Probably about as honest as businessmen taking business deductions for their expensive dinners and vacation trips because they were able to get a few minutes talkng about business stuff.

It's the way of the world. Get over it.

Art's picture
Art

The businessman is fucking his company not the taxpayers!!!

camaroman's picture
camaroman
The businessman is fucking his company not the taxpayers!!!
You don't think that businessmen leaving their tax burden to fall on other taxpayers is fucking other taxpayers? How does a businessman going wholehog in income tax deductions amount to fucking his company? Did you think this through?

Art's picture
Art

No problem as long as 'the letter of the law' is followed. I see that now. Despite what 'spirit' that Soros and Gates impute with 'their words'....no one is expected to 'put their money where their mouth is', anyway--that resembles 'personal responsibility' too much....what's left is 'bait and switch' and 'look the other way' tactics like any advertising campaign that 'business' may run....

Kerry's picture
Kerry
No problem as long as 'the letter of the law' is followed. I see that now. Despite what 'spirit' that Soros and Gates impute with 'their words'....no one is expected to 'put their money where their mouth is', anyway--that resembles 'personal responsibility' too much....what's left is 'bait and switch' and 'look the other way' tactics like any advertising campaign that 'business' may run....
Did you post this in the thread that you thought you were posting in? It doesn't seem to relate to provious entries.

Art's picture
Art

Soros and Gates aren't oligarchs?

Kerry's picture
Kerry

Art, " Did you think this through?"

Not much to think through there, Art. Obama should not be able to use taxpayers money for his campaign trips. Of course he is! He uses 'government money' (which is the taxpayers's money) for his vacations, his wife's vacations, his staff's vacations, his dinner dates, and for all the "Campaigning" that he does while calling it "a message to the people"...

And you will fire back that they have all done it. But not so blatantly as Obama.

camaroman's picture
camaroman
Quote camaroman:

I thought Anti was being serious.

Obama is of Kenyan origin and has an Indonesian citizenship. McCain is a Panamanian citizen. Neither are eligible to hold the Offcice of President of the United States of America. Only 'natural-born' citizens can hold that office. It is in the US Constitution.

antikakistocrat

If the same things were happening, anyway, would it make it any better if they were 'natural born citizens', antikakistocrat? Or, are you saying that, under the same guise, 'natural born citizens' wouldn't be doing this?

Kerry's picture
Kerry

Wikipedia........The Constitution does not define the phrase natural-born citizen, and various opinions have been offered over time regarding its precise meaning. The Congressional Research Servicehas stated that the weight of scholarly legal and historical opinion indicates that the term means one who is entitled under the Constitution or laws of the United States to U.S. citizenship "at birth" or "by birth," including any child born "in" the United States, even to alien parents (other than to foreign diplomats serving their country), the children of United States citizens born abroad, and those born abroad of one citizen parent who has met U.S. residency requirements.[1]

John McCain was born on a US military base (i.e. US Soil) to US citizens

Obama was born in the US in Hawaii

Why is this still being argued?

delete jan in iowa
Soros and Gates aren't oligarchs?
Oligarch - "A member of a small governing faction.". Dunno. I'm sure they're on some Boards of Directors, probably officers in some social organizations. Maybe the chairmen of some civic groups.

I'm concerned with your obsession with Soros and Gates. I didn't even see their names in this thread before.

Art's picture
Art
Quote jan in iowa:The Congressional Research Servicehas stated that the weight of scholarly legal and historical opinion indicates that the term means one who is entitled under the Constitution or laws of the United States to U.S. citizenship "at birth" or "by birth," including any child born "in" the United States, even to alien parents (other than to foreign diplomats serving their country), the children of United States citizens born abroad, and those born abroad of one citizen parent who has met U.S. residency requirements.

I've never really delved into what was being said about Obama's citizenship by Trump and all, but even if Obama was born at the North Pole, his Mom was a US citizen, right? And she had a family home somewhere in the US didn't she? I never got what the FOX idiots and other morons thought they were going to prove.

Karolina's picture
Karolina

Currently Chatting

Keystone would be way worse than we thought!

We already know that the Keystone XL pipeline is a disaster waiting to happen. But, it turns out that the impact of that tar sands pipeline could be even worse than we thought. According to a new study by the Stockholm Environmental Institute, Keystone could add four times more carbon pollution to our atmosphere than the State Department originally estimated.