Police Capt, wife and two daughters

1 post / 0 new

-ny-police-captain-dies-trying-to-rescue-wife-daughters-from-fire- really sad. At the end of the article, 'the viewing' of the funeral proceedings is kind of disturbing to me. I don't like open casket, and in these deaths they are burned beyond recognition. I went to school with some students at the Xavier college of mortuary science, and they discussed their restorative art. Of course it is a business and the brand is always sold as they do so for the families. My grandad had a bill for his funeral with a 5 or 10 dollar charge for new underwear. I don't even like the casket and burial ritual. Cremation is less profitable, and my dad even reduced that by donating his body to the Wright State Medical College, they don't charge for cremation after they have finished the lessons the donation provided.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Currently Chatting

The other way we're subsidizing Walmart...

Most of us know how taxpayers subsidize Walmart's low wages with billions of dollars in Medicaid, food stamps, and other financial assistance for workers. But, did you know that we're also subsidizing the retail giant by paying the cost of their environmental destruction.