Presidential/Congress Spending Figures

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
_xwanderer

Morning friends--

My grandmother is a staunch Republican.  Fox news, all day, every day.  Some of the things she tells me are just beyond my comprehension.  I'm nearly certain that more than half of it is pulled out of thin air.  So I'm looking for some help here on a specific issue: Government spending.

Can someone link me to a credible site where spending by Presidential term can be tracked?  I'm looking for information all in one place and where I can compare past Administrations and how they compare to one another in terms of total spending.  If it was broken down by category (military, welfare, etc) that would be even more helpful.

Lastly, people say that "Obama spent this...spent that...spends too much" but isn't Congress the only one with the power to spend money?  And with all these Teabagging Bozos holding seats, how can mounds of money be spent when they're for cutting budgets?

I don't mean to sound ignorant--but I awknowledge when I'm not informed on a particular subject and seek answers before formulating a sound opinion or engaging in a debate.  The old saying goes: knowledge is power.

Thanks for your help in advance, folks.  Enjoy your day.

Mike