Is Rupert Murdoch unfit to lead his own company?

11 posts / 0 new

A report released from the British Parliament today declared that media mogul Rupert Murdoch is unfit to lead his own company. British lawmakers arrived at this conclusion following Murdoch’s recent testimony and unbelievable ignorance over the phone-hacking scandal that’s rocked the U.K. media. Murdoch’s company, NewsCorp, owns a slew of tabloids, newspapers and TV stations around the world including Fox so-called News here in the United States.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

Anyone who aids, abets or incites murder is unfit to lead any company. Considering that the Iraq "war" was an illegal project from start to finish, it's rather hypocritical for the British parliament to be condemning one of their own. Obviously, they are just trying to cut ties to one of their chief allies who has outlived his usefulness in that his petty actions have made him a liability. There is no honor among thieves, so it can be expected that they will ditch many more of their kind as they careen down the long, bloody slope from the peak of criminal capitalism to the dangerous disorder of Dante's Inferno

jmacneil's picture
jmacneil

Ignorantia juris non excusat.

spicoli's picture
spicoli
Quote spicoli:Ignorantia juris non excusat.

How fucking fair and just is that? Just a way to condemn everyone.

Karolina's picture
Karolina
Quote Karolina:

How fucking fair and just is that? Just a way to condemn everyone.

Karolina, ingorance is not an excuse for you not being aware of ignorantia juris non excusat.

It is fair because it applies to everybody. I'm not sure how just it is.

The rationale of the doctrine is that if ignorance were an excuse, a person charged with criminal offenses or a subject of a civil lawsuit would merely claim that he or she is unaware of the law in question to avoid liability, even though the person really does know what the law in question is.

If ignorance is Murdoch's defence then he needs to hire some new attorneys.

spicoli's picture
spicoli

Let's hope this is the beginning of the fall of many corporate criminal types. Murdoch got strident and overplayed his hand. This will also be the case for many other corporatists. Some just have PR people handed the job of speaking for their criminal leader's activities. You will hear lots of doublespeak.

captbebops's picture
captbebops

Amen to that!

Karolina's picture
Karolina

Spicoli, I am, of course happy that Murdoch seems to be finished.

I AM however, a bit concerned about ignorantia juris non excusat because of all of the nit-picking new laws that are being passed. For many people they are not easy to keep up with.

Karolina's picture
Karolina

If we didn't have ignorantia juris non excusat then Murdoch would get away with it. All he would have to say is that I didn't know it was against the law.

Ignorantia juris non excusat has been used in law since the Greeks and Romans. You shouldn't be concerned with it. Read the whole article because there are exceptions.

spicoli's picture
spicoli

Thanks Spicoli.

Karolina's picture
Karolina

ignorantia juris non excusat is why I suffer from the law of gravity even though I never studied law!

Choco's picture
Choco

Currently Chatting

The other way we're subsidizing Walmart...

Most of us know how taxpayers subsidize Walmart's low wages with billions of dollars in Medicaid, food stamps, and other financial assistance for workers. But, did you know that we're also subsidizing the retail giant by paying the cost of their environmental destruction.