Salt worse than Corn Syrup for Obesity?

1 post / 0 new
Salt worse than Corn Syrup for Obesity?

I think that salt may be worse than corn syrup in causing obesity. They use hidden salt in every processed food. Even the Chex cereals have lots of salt/sodium in them. Salt makes foods taste better and is probably more addictive than the excess sugars. I eat salt-free tortilla and potato chips but they are very hard to find in the stores. And the salt in the dips is enough to kill you alone.

Restaurants all use excessive amounts of salt to make the food taste better and NY even was trying to regulate the amount. Salt not only makes you eat more of the food, it addicts you to it and dulls your taste buds to crave more salty food, leading to people eating whole bags of chips while watching TV or whatever. I would like to see regulation in the use of salt in processed foods and restaurants.

Erik300's picture
Erik300

Currently Chatting

Community Archive

Why the Web of Life is Dying...

Could you survive with just half of your organs? Think about it. What if you had just half your brain, one kidney, half of your heart, one lung, half a liver and only half of your skin? It would be pretty hard to survive right? Sure, you could survive losing just one kidney or half of your liver, but at some point, losing pieces from all of your organs would be too much and you would die.