SOMETIMES WE WIN! Thousands of birds will live because of it!

5 posts / 0 new

YES SOMETIMES WE DO WIN! The message below came to my email from Audubon. I wanted to share the victory with you all. This is a clear example of what we CAN DO if we will just take a moment out of our lives to sign electronic petitions. The Audubon message is below. Thanks for all of you who took action on this issue when I posted it or when you found it yourselfs on the internet.

Recently, we alerted you to a tragedy unfolding in the Lower Klamath National Wildlife Refuge. Because of a shortage of water in the Refuge, thousands of migratory waterfowl were perishing on their way north for spring migration.

Soon after the almost 20,000 emails you sent hit, the Department of the Interior found the means to get new releases of water into the Refuge, and it looks like the birds will have what they need through the summer.

Clearly, public attention and involvement does make a difference. Thank you for speaking out.

The Lower Klamath National Wildlife Refuge is a critical stopover for migratory waterfowl, and it deserves our attention. This much needed water is just a temporary fix — fall allocations will be critical as well. A longer term solution is needed to ensure this kind of crisis doesn't continue to occur, and Audubon will be working towards a more permanent solution. With your help, the birds that use the Klamath National Wildlife Refuge will continue to find the water they need to continue their migration.

Sincerely,

David Yarnold

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Comments

You mean that finally a petition that I have signed was actually acted upon? Good gracious. Glad I could help.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

yay birdies!

nimblecivet's picture
nimblecivet

This victory goes to show what we can do if we just take a moment out of our busy lives to sign some petitions! THANK YOU for your help and I am so happy for the birds!!!!

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

This is truely AWESOME!!

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Currently Chatting

The Death of the Middle Class was by Design...

Even in the face of the so-called Recovery, poverty and inequality are getting worse in our country, and more wealth and power is flowing straight to the top. According to Paul Buchheit over at Alternet, this is the end result of winner-take-all capitalism, and this destruction of the working class has all been by design.