Here is a message sent to my email which I signed and hope you will all sign.
The four national forests in southern California - the Cleveland, Angeles, San Bernardino and Los Padres National Forests - contain some of the state's wildest lands. They provide clean drinking water to millions of California residents. They also offer opportunities for recreation, such as hiking, camping, fishing and swimming.
Forests in southern California deserve wilderness protection
The U.S. Forest Service is drafting a revised management plan that will affect more than three dozen potential wilderness areas in these forests. Unfortunately, the Forest Service is proposing to recommend just 17% of these lands for wilderness. This would leave the remaining 83% vulnerable to development.
Why is wilderness in southern California important?
Visitors to southern California find ancient pine and fir forests and cool pools in mountain streams. The national forests provide habitat for species such as bighorn sheep and California condors. All this natural splendor exists within a short drive of some of the most populated urban areas in America.
You can help
The time has come for the Forest Service to draft a management plan that preserves, rather than destroys, the natural value of southern California wilderness.
You can help ensure the Forest Service preserves these vital southern California wildlands. Take a few moments to ask the Forest Service to preserve all of southern California's remaining potential wilderness.
The Wilderness Society