Tensions are again flaring between Russia and the West

5 posts / 0 new

On Thursday – Russia’s top military commander warned of preemptive military strikes against NATO missile defense systems if the organizations pushe ahead with plans to deploy the missile systems near the Russian border. Russia also warned it will also respond by deploying new missile sites in Kalingrad, capable of taking out European missile defense infrastructure. Reagan's Star Wars, revived by George W. Bush, could restart the Cold War.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

I don't think Russia wants another cold war. I know that they are very aware of the danger of any war in the world right now, and they do not want anything but cooperation with the West and for all of us to work together.

Russia is planning huge infrastructure projects to keep its economy healthy. That is why they are being targetted by bankrupt European powers-that-be as "our enemy".

This is not a time for divide and conquer. All nations should be transperant and helpful and working with each other and at peace. Otherwise, we're ALL going to go to proverbial hell. The Russians KNOW this.

Karolina's picture
Karolina

Our military industrial complex needs another boogyman so the tax payers can fund their wealth ambitions. Between the two countries, US and Russia already has enough military might to incinerate the world thousands of times over. To see our infrastructure crumbling, our education system as a joke, the health insurance profession as a means to wealth, you'd think we would stay home and work on our own problems. But Romney says Russia is a big threat, he plays right into the hands and wallets of Wall St. the Military and Big Oil fat bastards. The Kock bros are oil refinery people and surely would like to see more subsidies to the billionaires and an increased military budget as ours only takes fifty cents of every dollar.

Choco's picture
Choco

Actually, I believe that Star Wars, was laser defense, wasn't it?

What's happening is, NATO is deploying to surround Russia with missiles. Russia is responding, that if NATO doesn't stop the intended missile deployment, Russia will not hesitate to destroy those missiles, even if it means that this will then be going to full war.

Russia’s warning is a war avoidance strategy. In other words, they are laying it all on the line so it’s impossible to make a strategic miscalculation. It expresses the Russians’ intentions to defend themselves. This is directed especially, at the British Empire, which is running a confrontation, with the idea of backing down the Russians and Chinese, so that instead creating of WW3 immediately, those currently bankrupt Masters-of-the-Universe oligarchs can loot them to keep their own empire going....a little longer....

The Brits like cold war, they created the last one. It's what gives them power to manipulate. Look at all their well-spun anti-Communist propaganda that made the gullible US "Conservatives" SO stupid and malleable for SO long now....

Karolina's picture
Karolina

i'm an americian ... i like russia ... but there is no point fighting it ... there is nothing we can say to change our "leaders" minds .... so tie your own rope , seems like a buch of cheap talk to me lol , ever seen "thank you for smoking" , that guy is like my hero ... u know if he was a good person and all

lilmorecountry's picture
lilmorecountry

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.