Time To Boycott The Rabid Right Trolls?

61 posts / 0 new

You know the type... they post entire articles from rabid or Orwellian Right sources, then basically refuse to engage in the ensuing discussion.

Posting to their threads only keeps them on top.

Maybe their posts should be boycotted.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Comments

Naa.... They are easy to spot and sometimes entertaining.

lovecraft
Naa.... They are easy to spot and sometimes entertaining.
Also easy to ignore.

That's the ticket

Art's picture
Art

You are certainly not the first to suggest this. It is worth considering.

However, I've concluded that if the price to pay for keeping these posts at the top is by shining a light on the nonsense, then by all means do so. The 1st Amendment works both ways. If somehow, all like-minded folks here refused to say anything to the nonsense (just to let them fall down the list), couldn't it construed as tacit approval of the nonsense?

Then again, how would you implement this boycott? Doesn't liberals being much more open-minded that they are like-minded be the downfall of the boycott?

I say shine the light, but don't waste too much energy.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

My question is, what is their motivation. From my perspective, I can't imagine doing the same on a right wing blogspot.

dhavid

[quote]One of the things that keep these posts at the top is the ever more provocative remarks we get. I can't blame anybody for not being able to stop himself from responding. The message board games are pretty silly. Whose threads get the most views? The most responses? Which one is at the top of the page. If I edit my post enough, can I keep it at the top for a long time? I'm not sure what's the best way to play these games. Or is there any point in winning them?

Art's picture
Art

Victory is not measured by the place or amount of time on the list, but the quality contained within.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood
Quote Laborisgood:However, I've concluded that if the price to pay for keeping these posts at the top is by shining a light on the nonsense, then by all means do so. The 1st Amendment works both ways. If somehow, all like-minded folks here refused to say anything to the nonsense (just to let them fall down the list), couldn't it construed as tacit approval of the nonsense?

The simple solution is to take an excerpt from these long cut&pasted articles that deserves a response, then start a new thread. Otherwise readers are always exposed first when coming to the forum is a rabid right wing frame in the title, and a long right wing article before they even get to any rebuttals.

Just a thought.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
The simple solution is to take an excerpt from these long cut&pasted articles
I usually don't read those articles. I also rarely click on video links.

Art's picture
Art

I for one have pointlessly engaged in these threads and have decided to ignore them. Should have listened better to the more seasoned folks on the blog.

Also, go back and read the rules and don't hesitate to flag a posting that is offensive.

Good luck!

delete jan in iowa

Yea, Let's boycott those rabid Left Trolls. They are so annoying.

Capital.0's picture
Capital.0

Some EXAMPLES would be nice.

I'm just sayin'.

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian
Quote Capital.0:

Yea, Let's boycott those rabid Left Trolls. They are so annoying.

Hey Cap, is that still you? Please explain to us all why when you run away from debates you're losing, it's merely because you want your utterly profound Orwellian Right thoughts to sink into our thick Left wing heads.

ROTF

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote Fletcher Christian:

Some EXAMPLES would be nice.

I'm just sayin'.

What WOULD be nice is if you included a quote so we all knew who you were responding to. Is it my complaint about Right wing trolls or Cap.0's claim there are left wing trolls here?

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Some EXAMPLES would be nice... from ANYONE who agrees that there should be a "boycott" of anything from anyone...

You know, a kind of "HABEAS CORPUS"... aka, "PROOF".

So let's say that I am to be "BOYCOTTED"... how does one "boycott" free speech? I mean... what? You're not going to buy my goods and services?

Anyways...

Speaking of Mushrooms...

I grew my own shrooms one time. I want to do it again. It was a pain in the rump! It took me about 12 hours to get my jars incubated with spores.

So, I am going to guess that we have a lot in common... except, I am further down the rabbit hole than you are. There are others further ahead of me. There are others further ahead of them! Then there are those who DUG the rabbit hole and have exposed who had helped them.

Don't you want to know who dug the rabbit hole?

Ignorance is NOT bliss. The "good book" says to study to show thy self approved. Meaning... one should NEVER stop learning.

It sounds to me that you have heard enough and you want to stop learning. If that is the case... shame on you... NOT me!

How does one learn? One sure fire way is to ask questions!

It sounds to me like you don't want to ask anymore questions.

Strange. Considering this is the site of a HOST who often states, "EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG!"... Sounds to me like the HOST likes learning. Why don't you?

Fletcher Christian

Instead of a BOYCOTT... can we have a "SIT IN" instead?

Fletcher Christian

If anyone wonders why people stereotype those who claim to be liberal as "hysterical"... this is a PRIME example.

Que Lastima!

Fletcher Christian

Instead of a BOYCOTT... can we have a "SIT IN" instead?

Not sure what you mean. If a "sit in" mean "occupying" a thread... that only keeps the rabid Right titles/posts at the top of the forum.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote Fletcher Christian:It was a pain in the rump! It took me about 12 hours to get my jars incubated with spores.
Indeed. About 20 years ago I once did the same. Didn't lose one jar to contamination. But all the shrooms were some bizarre fungi. They must have sent me the wrong spores. It was such a pain I never bothered again even when they sent me another kit.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Fletcher seems to be talking to himself a lot here. I've seen people doing that on the streets. They make me a little nervous.

Art's picture
Art
Quote Pierpont:

Hey Cap, is that still you? Please explain to us all why when you run away from debates you're losing, it's merely because you want your utterly profound Orwellian Right thoughts to sink into our thick Left wing heads.

ROTF

Is that the fantasy you concocted in your head? That I run away and I lose... Perhaps you should lay off drinking the bong water.

Believe it or not, I actually have a life outside this this forum.

Capital.0's picture
Capital.0

I have seen several posts like that I chaulk it up to attempt to make their posts to appear on the active lists so when their masters check on them and figure their pay for their posts that they will be on top. I am sure that generates a bonus for the paid bloggers

Recovering conservative2's picture
Recovering cons...
Quote Pierpont:

You know the type... they post entire articles from rabid or Orwellian Right sources, then basically refuse to engage in the ensuing discussion.

Then just ignore them if you don't like them. No one has a gun to your head and is forcing you to read anything "right-wing" here.

I hate that with both left-wingers and right-wingers always wanting to censor everyone else's speech while promoting their own. Let the lefty-authoritarians, righty-authoritarians, lefty-libertarians, righty-libertarians, moderates, independents etc. just post and speak their peace. If you find a topic scary, or bothersome then just ignore it. It's not like they are spamming your personal e-mail.

antikakistocrat's picture
antikakistocrat

[quote=Laborisgood]

You are certainly not the first to suggest this. It is worth considering.

However, I've concluded that if the price to pay for keeping these posts at the top is by shining a light on the nonsense, then by all means do so. The 1st Amendment works both ways. If somehow, all like-minded folks here refused to say anything to the nonsense (just to let them fall down the list), couldn't it construed as tacit approval of the nonsense?

Then again, how would you implement this boycott? Doesn't liberals being much more open-minded that they are like-minded be the downfall of the boycott?

I say shine the light, but don't waste too much energy.

Yeah and even if you get whiny and have certain posters banned, all they will do is wait and come back with another identity or have others come and get identities and post here.

Sounds like it is just better to honor the First Amendment even tho certain groups don't like it.

It's a pluralistic America, get used to diversity and dissention.

antikakistocrat

I can't believe this topic is being taken seriously.

OK, to quote Mr. Hand...

"What are you people, ON DOPE!?!"

Ya bunch of hypocrites!

The "corrosion of conformity" raises it's ugly head once again!

Let me get this straight...

So when people don't conform to "non conformity" the way that you want them to conform... they should be banned?

That's what you're saying.

Bullocks!

----------

I have a very sore spot when it comes to the message board and the use of the word, "OCCUPY".

The very REAL story of the MN police drugging the OWS movement and subverting it went completely unnoticed by the members here.

The SILENCE was DEAFENING! The silence that was given to this subject spoke in volumes about the "true" nature of the depths of "Stockholm Syndrome" that ensnares even the members of this very site.

I have concluded... that the ignoring of the story is an indictment of what the TRUE feelings are about the movement. That is... no one gives a SHIT about the movement! But, that doesn't stop people from "pretending" that they do.

I hate that. I can't stand the open hypocrisy.

So don't use the word "OCCUPY" anymore... alright? Only ME and Harry Asheburn can use it with any sense of integrity.

"POT"... meet the "KETTLE"!

----------

FINGER OF SHAME! BOO! FINGER OF SHAME!

Fletcher Christian

I can't believe this topic is being taken seriously.

It's perfectly reasonable to want to swat an annoying insect buzzing around you, but the 1st Amendment trumps hurt feelings or uncomfortableness. Just don't yell "Fire!" in crowded movie theater.

If anybody wants to obsess over Chemtrails, Bilderbergs or the Federal Reserve, it's their right to buzz around and annoy all they like just as expressing that sentiment is my 1st Amendment right as well.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

Quote Capital.0:
Quote Pierpont:

Is that the fantasy you concocted in your head? That I run away and I lose... Perhaps you should lay off drinking the bong water.

Believe it or not, I actually have a life outside this this forum.

And yet here you are, back with a second user name... which means either you're more stupid than I thought and can't even figure out how to recover a forgotten PW, or you were banned and are back with a new user name. But why would you go through all that trouble if you actually "had a life"? ROTF

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Quote antikakistocrat:Yeah and even if you get whiny and have certain posters banned, all they will do is wait and come back with another identity or have others come and get identities and post here.

Hey Einstein... it's not as if only right wing nuts have been banned. I've heard rumors that some sane Liberal2Left members were banned after a mod here once went nuts and threatened to nuke any posts critical of Thom. Those who protested the censorship and intimidation were banned. If true, it was a sad day for this forum.

Anyone know if this is true?

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote Recovering conservative2:

I have seen several posts like that I chaulk it up to attempt to make their posts to appear on the active lists so when their masters check on them and figure their pay for their posts that they will be on top. I am sure that generates a bonus for the paid bloggers

Tell me where I can get paid to post! Oh, that's right... only the Right has the money to try an manipulate public opinion in this manner.

Sob! It sounds like a cool "job".

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Quote Fletcher Christian:So don't use the word "OCCUPY" anymore... alright? Only ME and Harry Asheburn can use it with any sense of integrity.
Sorry FC... I've no idea what you're even talking about. The very structure of most web forums puts the latest responded-to post at the top. Right wing trolls and their sugar daddies know this. Responding to their posts keeps their crap at the top of the forum... where they want it. It doesn't take many such trolls to hijack a forum.

All I've suggested is if that there's some point these right wing trolls made you feel compelled to respond to... then it might be best done in a new thread with a new title. That's a far cry from interfering with anyone's First Amendment right… not that they apply here anyway. This forum is, after all, private property… just as any First Amendment rights don't apply in the workplace or in a shopping mall.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Technically, this private forum has no legal requirement to allow 1st Amendment rights, but the spirit of free speech is alive and well here for good reason. You can't have a conversation that leads anywhere of substance without at least getting some perspective from dissenting thought. It pains me to say it, but allowing the foolish things that I disagree with to be said here at this site are as much a part of creating the good as the things I most agree with.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood
Quote Pierpont:

And yet here you are, back with a second user name... which means either you're more stupid than I thought and can't even figure out how to recover a forgotten PW, or you were banned and are back with a new user name. But why would you go through all that trouble if you actually "had a life"? ROTF

More timeless wisdom of Peirpont.

Or my Laptop was stolen and instead of trying to rebuild everything.... I just decided to start over with a clean slate. But since you are normally wrong in most things.... Why would this post be any different.

Capital.0's picture
Capital.0
Quote Pierpont:

yes/no. Yes they have Banned Libs here.... No they never overtly threatened those speaking critcal of Thom.

But regardless this is Thom's house, Private Property.

Capital.0's picture
Capital.0
Quote Pierpont:

Yeah. Who needs a differing opinion? That's what a troll is right? Someone who may have different ideas? What are you afraid of? And why does diversity threaten you?

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Quote Capital.0:
Quote Pierpont:

More timeless wisdom of Peirpont.

Or my Laptop was stolen and instead of trying to rebuild everything.... I just decided to start over with a clean slate. But since you are normally wrong in most things.... Why would this post be any different.

ROTF... of course... you're the passive victim. You weren't careless (or stupid) in letting your laptop be stolen.... it just happened. And you weren't banned. Your login credentials were also "stolen"… as if you could not remember your login name and PW. Bet your email address was also "stolen" so you could not retrieve your login info. And despite your claims of having a life outside this forum... your original claim to explain your absence, here you are... back and as unintelligent as ever! Gee, how did I know it was you!

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Quote rigel1:Yeah. Who needs a differing opinion? That's what a troll is right? Someone who may have different ideas? What are you afraid of? And why does diversity threaten you?

Diversity doesn't threaten me. I LOVE debating... dim-witted Right wingers and Dems alike. But after being involved in Usenet "config" work and forum "theory" for the past 20 years, I know that forums and threads can easily be hijacked. I also know there are people out there who are bomb throwers... more interested in provoking responses than debating what they post on. THAT is what a "troll" is... someone "trolling" for a response.

So when I see a few users here trying to monopolize and clog up the forum with post after post... and not much interaction with others... then the red flag should go up. Don't ya think? Or don't ya?

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote Capital.0:yes/no. Yes they have Banned Libs here.... No they never overtly threatened those speaking critcal of Thom.

What the hell you even talking about? Is that some new code we're supposed to understand? If you have some real world examples from this forum of Libs or Cons being banned, I'd love to hear them. I suppose you could start with yourself. LOL

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote Pierpont:

Quote rigel1:Yeah. Who needs a differing opinion? That's what a troll is right? Someone who may have different ideas? What are you afraid of? And why does diversity threaten you?

Diversity doesn't threaten me. I LOVE debating... dim-witted Right wingers and Dems alike. But after being involved in Usenet "config" work and forum "theory" for the past 20 years, I know that forums and threads can easily be hijacked. I also know there are people out there who are bomb throwers... more interested in provoking responses than debating what they post on. THAT is what a "troll" is... someone "trolling" for a response.

So when I see a few users here trying to monopolize and clog up the forum with post after post... and not much interaction with others... then the red flag should go up. Don't ya think? Or don't ya?

Sure. I understand. We don't want to the same people jamb up every thread. I make a lot of posts myself but I try not to get too carried away. Sometimes I do. But I would becareful about hurling mindless insults. "Dim-witted" is not a good choice of words. My wife works with special needs kids. They are all by definition "dim-witted" but I would never consider calling them that. We need to choose our words more wisely.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Quote rigel1:But I would be careful about hurling mindless insults. "Dim-witted" is not a good choice of words. My wife works with special needs kids. They are all by definition "dim-witted" but I would never consider calling them that. We need to choose our words more wisely.

I used to run residential programs for a dually diagnosed MR/MH population.

There's a difference between someone born with impaired functions and those with "normal" intelligence who then sabotage it. Those are the people I'm referring to.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote Pierpont:

Quote antikakistocrat:Yeah and even if you get whiny and have certain posters banned, all they will do is wait and come back with another identity or have others come and get identities and post here.

Hey Einstein... it's not as if only right wing nuts have been banned. I've heard rumors that some sane Liberal2Left members were banned after a mod here once went nuts and threatened to nuke any posts critical of Thom. Those who protested the censorship and intimidation were banned. If true, it was a sad day for this forum.

Sounds valid to me I know many of my friends as well as I have been banned from here. I expected this type of behavior on the Col-Boards and the Daily-Show Boards it was rather surprising to be banned from here when it says that opinion and debate are welcome. The Comedy-Central forums tho... :D :D :D :D I just hope I woke as many people up as I have pissed off. Being based in NY their jobs were politically based, Comedy-Central politics but politics none the less. I enjoyed breaking their paradigms.

antikakistocrat
Quote Art:

Fletcher seems to be talking to himself a lot here. I've seen people doing that on the streets. They make me a little nervous.

Sometimes highly intellegent people do that ya know!

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote Art:

Fletcher is part of the half-dozen or so that actually make sense here.

antikakistocrat

Did I leave the iron on?

Where's my keys?

What do you mean the "FEDERAL RESERVE" isn't "FEDERAL"? It is in the name... how can it NOT be "FEDERAL"?

No, dummy! It's a PRIVATE BANK that "pretends" to be federal.

There's a separation of CHURCH and STATE, right?

Yes. That's why Church's don't pay taxes.

Then WHY is their "GOD" on my money!?!?

It's because 95% of the people believe in a HIGHER POWER. Therefore... if you put something that people believe in on something that is a FAKE... they will disregard the "FAKE-NESS" of it all and TRUST that it's real.

Ohhh! "Now" I get it.

Did I set the alarm?

Why aren't all of our gas caps on the same side of our vehicles?

My dog looks like he's gotta dump.

Wait a second... You mean those GIGANTIC Easter Island heads have even more GIGANTIC BODIES on them... who buried them? How'd they do that?

So Cain kills Abel. Then God "marks" Cain with a symbol that EVERYONE would recognize as being from GOD and that means to leave Cain alone. I thought there was only, Adam/Eve/Cain/Abel... How can Cain "move" to a city? Also... WHY does GOD not punish Cain more severely for murder? Are you telling me that they ALL are having SEX with Eve?!?!

Come to think of it... just "WHO" wrote the book of Revelations? If it were the Apostle John, John The Baptist... it would say, "John the Apostle/Baptist". It doesn't say that at all. It's "John from Patmos" Isn't that like saying, "Carl from East St. Louis"? Why do we include this in the Bible?

Sharks are scary.

I think I could "take" Geraldo.

Why am I such a "sucker" for "Frankenstein" stories? They're ALL the same! I already know how they're going to end before they end!

The movie "SPEED" is the worst movie of all time.

If I "GIVE" you something of mine... and then you "GIVE" me something of yours... HOW THE HELL IS THAT ILLEGAL? "Napster" was the beginning of the end.

Why doesn't "Pi" repeat?

"Sic Semper Tyrannus" is the State motto? "Live Free or Die" is the State motto? "Crossroads of America" seems kind of lame!

Why don't more people worship at the alter of Iggy Pop?

What do you mean, "How do magnets work?" Wait a second... How do magnets work?

I'm not buying that "The Queen" didn't know that Hamlet's Father was murdered by his own brother! She knew... That cow knew!

No matter how much I suspend my disbelief... THERE'S NO WAY that "Mr. Electricity" Steven Regal & "Handsome" Jimmy Garvin could beat "The Road Warriors"!

A "raisin" is a "grape"?

Ok, riddle me this? I know what "grapes" are. I also know what "nuts" are. What the HELL are "Grapenuts"?

Spanish has too many syllables. It's so much easier to say, "WORK" than it is to say, "TRABAJO".

So I should use a "darker" crank bait during overcast cloud cover? Wouldn't they be able to see a "bright" crank bait better?

"Peace Sells... but who's Buyin'?"

Why would anyone buy "mini 7 oz. beers"?

Speaking of beer... so a "wine cooler" is a beer?

The Beatles are better than the Rolling Stones... but the Stones are cooler.

I wonder what Jello Biafra is doing... right now!

If I go to bed, RIGHT NOW... I'll get 6 hours of sleep.

Fletcher Christian

For my part I think it is essential that intelligent people answer these posts. There is a really important reason. Those liberals who may be less educated, lesss articulate, or simply less knowledgeable about a particular topic area need to learn how to respond to this in their daily lives. People may be confronted by these comments by people in their local environments. If they don't know how to respond to asnine comments like these, the conservatives who propogate them will continue to do so under the false pretense that they are correct "because no one can seem to counter their argument." By responding to these posts, we teach others within this online community where the lies and holes in their logic lie and they are then better prepared to do the real Lord's work in the world. We all benefit from that. So, keep responding. Don't leave one stone unturned and share your knowledge with others. You NEVER can fight oppression or bigotry or idiocy by remaining silent. In fact, these are the most important threads in the message board. Otherwise all we are doing here is engaging in a myopic form of self congratulatory intellectual mastrubation with each other.

ah2

Quote ah2:

For my part I think it is essential that intelligent people answer these posts.

Hey, I'm not here to sing Kumbaya with like minded folks. I like a good debate with both Dems and GOPers. I'm not saying don't respond to the points they make. What I object to is their trolling the forum with inflammatory posts, then all the predictable attempts to set the record straight just keeps their posts at the top of the forum. My suggestion is to simply extract whatever point you want to respond to, and start a new thread on that topic.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote ah2:

If they don't know how to respond to asnine comments like these, the conservatives who propogate them will continue to do so under the false pretense that they are correct "because no one can seem to counter their argument."

If only they were arguments. But they aren't. Mostly they are just distractions, Tautological opinions. In other words, talking points.

Quote ah2:

So, keep responding. Don't leave one stone unturned and share your knowledge with others.

The way I've observed it, that's pretty much how they control the debate, both in the nation for the last thirty years as we've all been dragged further to the right, and on this board for the last eight years that I've been participating.

I make them come to me now. And when they do they get what I dish out, not what they want me to dish back. I notice they learn important things from that. Like leave me the f__k alone if they can't make a coherent comment. Which pretty much they can't.

Quote ah2:

You NEVER can fight oppression or bigotry or idiocy by remaining silent

Any time someone tries to oppress me or act bigoted or idiotic towards me in some aggressive way, they will be in for a big surprise. But I'm not going after them. I then have the advantage of not being labeled an aggressor. Defense is always the morally superior position. That was one of Ghandi's great insights. They are here to prove we are just as inhumane, as immoral, and as stupid and aggressive as they are. It comes up over and over. Let's not prove them right unless they are right. And I don't think they are, except maybe in their political views, which are synonymous now with extremism.

Most of their threads are just nonsense. Ignore them and they'll be out of sight before you know it. If that's not enough, flag 'em. We have administrators watching the board. They have rules against spamming their board. And remember it's Thom's board, not the trolls. Thom's been at this for a long time. He knows how Karl Rove and Frank Luntz work.

Quote ah2:

Otherwise all we are doing here is engaging in a myopic form of self congratulatory intellectual mastrubation with each other.

I wish I had a nickel for all the times I've read a troll making those same remarks about intellectual masturbation. It's always intended as an insult. They also believe we don't know the "other" side of things (the side that we've all been boiling in for all these years, like frogs) and it's their mission to serve the boiled frog meat to us. Sorry, I ain't about to eat it.

To actually be able to intellectually develop an idea through a respectful dialog can be the most enlightening way to share information. Go back and read some of Plato's Socratic dialogs. And no one has to make themselves into a fool to do it.

.ren's picture
.ren

From shithappens.com:

"Arguing with Conservatives is like playing chess with a pigeon: No mater how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like it's victorious".

Art's picture
Art
Quote Art:

From shithappens.com:

"Arguing with Conservatives is like playing chess with a pigeon: No mater how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board, and strut around like it's victorious".

YES! Another outstanding post from one of the sanest posters on this board. Thanks.

Ulysses's picture
Ulysses

I feel the same way with some of the libs on this board. No mater how yiu explain the government is the problem they want to hand total control over to them.

workingman's picture
workingman

Quote workingman:I feel the same way with some of the libs on this board. No mater how yiu explain the government is the problem they want to hand total control over to them.
If you can't make a point without gross distortions, you haven't really made a point... have you? I don't know of ANY Lib or Progressive that wants total government control over everything. The public and private sectors both have their place and when working well, they bootstrap each other to higher levels of prosperity. I just don't buy the idea that one is inherently superior to the other... which is the Right wing view... as evidenced from your post. It's necessary to see the strengths and weaknesses of both and I see nothing that shows you're capable of that. Between us, I don't think it's I who's the extremist.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Well lets see if i have this right, if there is any thing i have wrong feel free to correct it.

Retirement: government says when you can retire And how much you Will live on not what you have earned.

Education: the government tells you where you csn go to school, what you are going to learn And when they are going to teach it to you.

Health Care: The government gets to decide if you get Care And when.

Manufacturing: They tell companies if And when they can move or produce products in the U.S.

Estate planning: The government Will decide how much of you estate you are allowed to pass on to your family And how to redistribute what they deem to be excessive. 100 percent estate tax.

I know i missed some but i am busy.

workingman's picture
workingman

Currently Chatting

The Death of the Middle Class was by Design...

Even in the face of the so-called Recovery, poverty and inequality are getting worse in our country, and more wealth and power is flowing straight to the top. According to Paul Buchheit over at Alternet, this is the end result of winner-take-all capitalism, and this destruction of the working class has all been by design.