Trayvon

36 posts / 0 new

Interesting that the folks in the progressive media are ignoring the facts that came out yesterday, I guess when the facts don't support the story you are trying to sell you just ignore it.

I did not watch or listen to all progressive media yesterday though so please someone correct me if I am wrong.

WorkerBee's picture
WorkerBee

Comments

I'm sorry but could you be a little more specific?

jeannem2's picture
jeannem2

Interesting that you have not heard of this, as much attention as MSNBC and progressive radio spent on pushing the racism storyline and deliberately fanning the flames of racial tension. Then the evidence comes out that support Zimmermans story they ignore it.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-medical-report-sheds-light-inj...

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/autopsy-results-show-trayvon-martin-...

WorkerBee's picture
WorkerBee

I believe Mr. "WorkerBee" is asking about the medical evidence released to show that Trayvon may have landed a punch that broke Zimmerman's nose, or it hit the ground as the stalker was resisted. There had been real questions about the injuries, and if we can accept the truth of this release, it appears that the stalker with a gun did get a fight he felt he had to stop with a gun.

It does not make the stalking reason to prohibit Trayvon from defending himself, nor give Zimmerman real "stand your ground" defense for the use of his weapon. If you pick the fight, you have responsibilities for the consequences. At a hundred pounds heavier and more mature physically, the idea that Zimmerman needed his gun is still self-damning.

What Mr. Bee is avoiding is the conduct of the police and prosecution in the investigation and case against the shooter. Zimmerman's history and connection to "law enforcement" do not change. The failure to gather evidence remains. The need to bring in national attention to get anything close to a course of justice started is the same. So, let me tell WorkerBee that I wish Trayvon had cold-cocked this thug and sent his nuts upstream so he couldn't be shot. Zimmerman is still a killer who asked for the fight and went way beyond any justifiable conduct. That is what this evidence tells me.

drc2

My comment is about the way the media has handled this story.

Given this evidence that the prosecute had that collaborated Zimmerman's story I don't think it is surprising that charges were not made. Not that Zimmerman was with out fault here but the evidence does suggest that Martin was attacking him at the time the shot was fired.

WorkerBee's picture
WorkerBee

It was one of the top stories on my MSNBC news feed that I use as a home page. I read it and it didn't sound like anything new to me. I was actually suprised that the stalker didn't receive more damage. If he would have pulled a gun on me I wouldn't have gone down without breaking a few bones here and there.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

The media was apparently needed in order to get a trial in what appears to be the shooting of one unarmed civilian by another who was armed, under questionable circumstances, brought to the media's attention by parents, friends and relatives of the dead unarmed child who didn't feel they were getting straight answers.

After careful consideration of the evidence by appropriate legal authorities, there is now going to be a trial.

End of that part of the story until the trial. We don't actually try people by media. Media only speculates and opinionates.

Hopefully the pertinent facts will be brought out fairly in the trial. Hopefully the jury will come to a just conclusion and justice will be served. That's what a civilized society wants.

.ren's picture
.ren

To my knowledge Zimmerman never invoked stand you ground he just cited self defense. This case has no stand your ground implications because when the shot was fired z was on his back. The reason we keep hearing about this law is because the left win g media has decided to use this tragedy to try and repeal a law that has nothing to do with the situation.

CollegeConservative's picture
CollegeConservative

Completely incorrect CollegeConservative. The reason you keep hearing about the law is because the State Attourney's office ordered the police to let Zimmerman go without an arrest because it was considered a "stand your ground" incident. That law is central to the case.

ah2
Quote drc2:

At a hundred pounds heavier and more mature physically, the idea that Zimmerman needed his gun is still self-damning.

Physical characteristics are irrelevant, especially as Trayvon was taller! The fact remains that Trayvon jumped out from between houses and straddled Zimmerman, who was on his back, and started smashing his face with his fists into a broken and bloody pulp, as the eye witness and autopsy report will testify.

At this point in time Zimmerman was justifying in using his gun , if only to stop Trayvon gaining access to it!!

This entire incident is a "teachable moment" to American society as a whole. Concealed carry laws work. CC laws should help disuade gangsta thugs from "jumping" people because you never know who might be armed!

It should also help society with the law of law and the process that a citizen needs to take. The whole leftist hyperbolic bleating about "stalking" is very fascinating and quite revealing to me. The definition of stalking indicates a repeated and ongoing pattern, and there is no evidence that Zimmerman had ever seen Martin before, or had ever followed him before. Even if a citizen felt that he was being "stalked", "intimidated" or 'followed" there are legal, civilized, and proper avenues to pursue. The civilized action for Trayvon to take was to call the police and report Zimmerman. Instead, he decided to take the law into his own hands and dispence justice with his fists and violence. The fact that Zimmerman was a concealed carry is just Martins own Karma coming back to bite him in the ass, and to save society at large from another proven drug dealing thug.

Quote drc2:

Zimmerman ......asked for the fight and went way beyond any justifiable conduct.

Like Muslims today claiming that women asked to raped when they wearing "skimpy" clothing, this comment is no less disgusting and reprehensible. Like I mention above, there are perfectly legal and civilized options for Trayvon Martin to pursue if he thought he was being "followed". The first and foremost being "call the police!"

Please, drc2, please enlighten us more on your ideology. When else is a citizen allowed to just "beat" on another citizen and break their nose?

Calperson's picture
Calperson
Quote ah2:Completely incorrect CollegeConservative. The reason you keep hearing about the law is because the State Attourney's office ordered the police to let Zimmerman go without an arrest because it was considered a "stand your ground" incident. That law is central to the case.

It's even more brilliant for eliminating that law now, because the new evidence indicates that losing in a fist fight that you either provoked or initiated, is considered legal grounds to shoot under the 'stand your ground' law.

Karolina's picture
Karolina

We don`t need progressive media to do FOX TV,we`re just waiting for news of how much jail time Zimmerman gets!

tayl44's picture
tayl44
Quote WorkerBee:...the evidence does suggest that Martin was attacking him at the time the shot was fired.

You're jumping to a conclusion NOT supported by the evidence. You mean there was an apparent fight? That doesn't prove who started it. It doesn't prove who first felt threatened. Why are you so desperate to claim Zimmerman is innocent?

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote Calperson:The civilized action for Trayvon to take was to call the police and report Zimmerman. Instead, he decided to take the law into his own hands and dispence justice with his fists and violence.
Still trolling? You might have a point except we don't know yet why they met or who confronted whom. Not that you care about that little complication that's so central here. You're so convinced of your own infallibility you've already convicted Trayvon and exonerated Zimmerman.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote CollegeConservative:The reason we keep hearing about this law is because the left win g media has decided to use this tragedy to try and repeal a law that has nothing to do with the situation.

ROTF... No, the reason there was such an outrage over this was because the Police just assumed Zimmerman was the victim without a real investigation let alone a trial to get to the facts. Is that how justice works in your Amerika?

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

I know that in the case in oklahoma where the young mother killed two intruders she asked the operator if she could shoot them if they came in and the operator responded that " i cant tell what to do but you do but you do what ever you have to do to protect your baby." why would she say that if she could tell her what she should do?

CollegeConservative

Quote Calperson:Please, drc2, please enlighten us more on your ideology. When else is a citizen allowed to just "beat" on another citizen and break their nose?

Never heard of the word "allegedly", as in allegedly broke his nose? How about in self defense? Or does Stand Your Ground only apply to those with guns?

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote CollegeConservative:

I know that in the case in oklahoma where the young mother killed two intruders she asked the operator if she could shoot them if they came in and the operator responded that " i cant tell what to do but you do but you do what ever you have to do to protect your baby." why would she say that if she could tell her what she should do?

Are there NO intelligent right wingers out there? In that case you're referring to forced entry presumably with intent to harm. WTF does that have to do with this case when we still don't know what happened, who confronted whom, who started the alleged fight, etc.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote Pierpont:
Quote WorkerBee:...the evidence does suggest that Martin was attacking him at the time the shot was fired.

You're jumping to a conclusion NOT supported by the evidence. You mean there was an apparent fight? That doesn't prove who started it. It doesn't prove who first felt threatened. Why are you so desperate to claim Zimmerman is innocent?

Note that I used the word "suggests", not "proves". Doesn't the fact that Zimmerman had injuries to his head and face while Martin only had injuries to his knuckles suggest that the gunshot occurred after he had hit Zimmerman multiple times?

I am not "Desperate to claim Zimmerman is innocent". I am just troubled at how irresponsibly and patently dishonestly the media had portrayed this story and how they used it to stoke racial tension.

WorkerBee's picture
WorkerBee

it goes to the validity of a dispatcher to give orders if it cant be done in a straight forward case why can it in this one?

CollegeConservative
Quote WorkerBee:
Quote Pierpont:

Note that I used the word "suggests", not "proves". Doesn't the fact that Zimmerman had injuries to his head and face while Martin only had injuries to his knuckles suggest that the gunshot occurred after he had hit Zimmerman multiple times?
Your very use of the term "attacking" betrays your bias. The simple fact is we have NO idea what happened... yet you're posting here that you know Zimmerman was "attacked". Once you frame it like that... then the "logical" conclusion is Zimmerman was justified. But what if Trayvon confronted Zimmerman to find out why he was following him, and convinced Trayvon was a just another "Black thug" or whatever swung first? If there's any "evidence" it doesn't tell that much of a story. That you're jumping to conclusions says more about you than the "evidence".

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

it goes to the validity of a dispatcher to give orders if it cant be done in a straight forward case why can it in this one?

Uh? Did that even make any sense? Perhaps one of these days you'll prove to us you actually are a 22 year old in college by perhaps starting sentences with capital letters... placing commas where they belong, and ending sentences with periods. Till then I still think you're a 13 year old.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

If a dispatcher cant give instructions in a clear case of castle law. Why would a dispatcher be able to give instructions in a complicated case such as this?

CollegeConservative

If a dispatcher cant give instructions in a clear case of castle law. Why would a dispatcher be able to give instructions in a complicated case such as this?

Your ideological blinders give you problems with nuance. First of all, you have no date for your home invasion anecdote. Was it before or after some key USSC decisions like Heller? Second, even if after, it doesn't mean the police will go out on a limb suggesting the use of firearms because what if the woman shoots a person on the lawn LEAVING the property? "Ya" says the woman in court, "The cops said I could shoot the guy to protect my baby!"

As for Zimmerman... it was NOT a complicated case. WTF does ANY self defense statute have to do with the time the dispatcher told him not to follow Trayvon? At that point there was NO confrontation between him and Trayvon. Zimmerman didn't witness any crime. He only profiled Trayvon as suspicious. The cops told him not to pursue. That you find ANY similarity here is beyond comprehension. But I understand you need to keep your right wing delusions alive by any means possible.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

The top ten highlights of the newly released info:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/18/new-trayvon-martin-evidence-10-things-you-should-know/

The info dump of evidence is here: http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2012-05/70010598.pdf On page 27 a Sgt on the Sanford PD writes:

The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement, or conversely if he had identified himself to Martin as a concerned citizen and initiated dialog in an effort to dispel each party's concern. There was no indication that Trayvon was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter........

Based upon the facts and circumstances outlined in this narrative, I believe there exists probably cause for issuance of a capias charging George Michael Zimmerman with Manslaughter, in violation of Ch 782,07 FS.

A capias is an arrest warrent.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Just so we have a better idea what we're talking about.. from page 37 of the evidence info dump at http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2012-05/70010598.pdf

The scene is an outdoor crime scene in a predominately grassy area with a paved walkway between two rows of townhomes bordered by Retreat View Circle and Twin Tree Lane.
So the scene may be somewhere in the aerial photo below

http://maps.google.com/?ll=28.793045,-81.329598&spn=0.000948,0.002051&t=h&z=20&lci=com.panoramio.all

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Odd... Zimmerman wasn't charged until 4-11 yet there are references to manslaughters charges as early as 3-19 page 55

http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2012-05/70010598.pdf

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote JoBee:Interesting that the folks in the progressive media

Seriously, your wheels still stuck in that ditch? Just explain how 95% of all media, (paper, air, cable) is controlled by 5 corporations is in any way shape or form progressive? You can't just blirt out words like it doesn't matter, or you're just a troll.

The Myth of "Liberal Bias" in the Media

The Corporate Muzzle
Trolls of Fascism

alphabet channel alternatives

Quote JoBee:don't support the story you are trying to sell you just ignore it.

I did not watch or listen to all progressive media yesterday though
so please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Headline swift-boat rules of a troll. Shockjockstraps. There has been nothing but Martin/Zimmerman mugs splashed over the alphabet channels. Mostly weaving their real crap agenda into the main story. Still adolescent memo reading, not news or journalism by any stretch. OJ format and the tabloid gossip flies through the land. Should be simple except in whacky Fla. it's an Irrelevant case after the 911 call when Zimmerman was told to stay in the car. He made a decision to stock and confront Trayvon, then ballistics say within 18" point blank. Judge, Jury and Executioner. But this is a typical redneck and how they act. I put the blame on Ricky Scott and the very reckless 'Stand your ground' yeehaw law. Obviously, beyond a shadow of doubt, Zimmerman did not 'Stand your ground'. The forensics shows wounds and not if they are self inflicted. Coached or assisted in setting a defense to protect the law. More shootings more prisoners served. In whacky Fla Jeb imported prisoners to over crowded conditions. Then the Boosh family prison food service fed them. They cheer when Old Sparky dims the lights. Florida should be avoided as well as Texas. So lets arrest govman Ricky Scott for wasting more taxes on crazy bigoted legislation.

Quote JoBee:* Interesting that the folks in the progressive media are ignoring the facts
* I guess when the facts

I seriously doubt if you would know a fact if it jumped up and bit you in the ass.

Ooh, he had THC in his system… That means… dwr

essentially nothing.

Tweet of the day from Glenn Greenwald.
An extra cup of coffee is more likely to make someone unduly aggressive than trace amounts of THC

Maia Szalavitz in Time points out the absurdity of breathless media reports that Trayvon Martin had THC in his system:
Traces of Marijuana Found in Trayvon Martin’s Body: Does It Matter?

I’m not interested in getting into any debate over Martin/Zimmerman (that’s for the courts), but the miniscule presence of THC makes no more difference in this case than the presence of undigested Twinkie. ~ Pete Guither

Last week, we got some stuff wrong
— but here’s the straight dope. excerpted

... nobody has marijuana in their system unless they took a leaf and shoved it directly into a vein. However, because the language of the motor vehicle code and a source I spoke with said the "M" word, I let myself slip and wrote that "marijuana is detectable in the blood for several weeks." That is incorrect and I knew better...☛

When marijuana is ingested through smoking, some elements of the substance are released into the bloodstream. Most pertinent to this discussion are THC, CBD and a few dozen other cannabinoids. THC is the cannabinoid at the root of marijuana hysteria because it's the one most directly responsible for the high...☛

The body processes the THC within several hours and turns it into the benign metabolite carboxy THC (THC-COOH). Targowski says that's two to 12 hours for most people. But everyday users have THC in their systems most of the time — though this does not necessarily mean they are impaired by it all the time....☛
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

If anything cannabis would have calmed Trayvon, more likely to avoid confrontation unless really provoked or attacked. Or ordered without authority or justification. The difference in this case over the hundreds of other similar cases, is the media attention. For some to condemn this or try to degrade it as frivolous liberal bleeding heart socialism is clearly to cover up the age old "fact" of uppity black faces white with a gun. It wasn't long ago that would not have been questioned, especially if Trayvon was with a white girl. Still taught, still stigmatized, still shunned and segregation via real estate markets. Try to keep it under the rug, In whacky Fla where the Auction blocks are still on display and Calvina Fay's Prohibition Inc. reefer madness drives em crazier than the swamp fever, palmetto bugs and chiggers hanging out in the Spanish Moss.

NFL's Buzzkill
* Basketball Riots in L.A., Soccer Thugs in Europe
* Euro 2000 Soccer Violence Could Vanish in a Puff
* Aggression and Violence in Sport
* Fans Too Relaxed for Fights
* Cannabis Helps Keep Fans Calm
Police also claimed that the availability of cannabis in the Netherlands probably helped to defuse any violence. Scores of ticketless England fans gathered in coffee shops in Eindhoven, where cannabis is sold and smoked, to watch the game, greeting the defeat with mild disappointment and unusually, gentle applause. "It (cannabis) may have helped relax them," Mr Beelan added. "Even the hooligans enjoyed the party - and they told our officers. There were lots of things for fans to do and everybody had a good time."

Heston died, NRA's Mandatory Minimum Didn't
It's like a guaranteed long term investment.

Like the Red Menace of the early 1950's,
the current drug hysteria has led to a loyalty oath,
this time, the urine test.
~ Abbie Hoffman.jpg, the Nation, Nov.21,1987

DdC's picture
DdC
Quote Pierpont:

Just so we have a better idea what we're talking about.. from page 37 of the evidence info dump at http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2012-05/70010598.pdf

Here's a better source for the document dump:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/05/17/us/trayvon-martin-documents.html

The OCR text version is pretty sloppy and not to be trusted

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote Pierpont:
Quote WorkerBee:
Quote Pierpont:

Your very use of the term "attacking" betrays your bias. The simple fact is we have NO idea what happened... yet you're posting here that you know Zimmerman was "attacked". Once you frame it like that... then the "logical" conclusion is Zimmerman was justified. But what if Trayvon confronted Zimmerman to find out why he was following him, and convinced Trayvon was a just another "Black thug" or whatever swung first? If there's any "evidence" it doesn't tell that much of a story. That you're jumping to conclusions says more about you than the "evidence".

There is no evidence that shows this, though he very well could of pushed, slapped or otherwise assaulted Martin that would not have left any marks. The point I am making is that the evidence supports Zimmermans story but does not prove it. Do you see any evidence that contradicts his story?

WorkerBee's picture
WorkerBee
Quote DdC:
Quote JoBee:Interesting that the folks in the progressive media

Seriously, your wheels still stuck in that ditch? Just explain how 95% of all media, (paper, air, cable) is controlled by 5 corporations is in any way shape or form progressive? You can't just blirt out words like it doesn't matter, or you're just a troll.

I was referring primarily to the evening crew at MSNBC. Do you not think these folks are accurately called progressive?

WorkerBee's picture
WorkerBee
Quote WorkerBee:
Quote Pierpont:

There is no evidence that shows this, though he very well could of pushed, slapped or otherwise assaulted Martin that would not have left any marks. The point I am making is that the evidence supports Zimmermans story but does not prove it. Do you see any evidence that contradicts his story?

Again, you're betraying your bias. All we have at this time is an incomplete investigation and highly redacted evidence dump.

You're determined to exonerate Zimmerman despite the incomplete investigation. Was Zimmerman even given a lie detector test? Can you tell from the released evidence who did what when? I can't.

I know I don't know everything which is why I want a trial to get to truth. It seems many on the right apparently don't.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote Pierpont:

Again, you're betraying your bias. All we have at this time is an incomplete investigation and highly redacted evidence dump. You're determined to exonerate Zimmerman despite the incomplete investigation. Was Zimmerman even given a lie detector test? Can you tell from the released evidence who did what when? I can't.

I know I don't know everything which is why I want a trial to get to truth. It seems many on the right apparently don't.

My opening post was about how the progressive media (MSNBC Evening crew) handled this, they deliberatly and methodically misportrayed this case and fanned the flames of racial divide. Once the facts came out that contradicted the story they were trying to sell they completly ignore it. My problem is not with the case itself but how the media handled it.

WorkerBee's picture
WorkerBee

Considering FL law, if Zimmerman has a good lawyer-he will get off. Stupid law!

lovecraft

What part of Fla law are you referring to? The "stand your ground" that some are hyperventilating about would not seem to apply here if Zimmermans story continues to hold up. Looking at the evidence that was released I can see why the DA decided not to charge initially.

WorkerBee's picture
WorkerBee

Quote WorkerBee:
Quote Pierpont:

Again, you're betraying your bias. All we have at this time is an incomplete investigation and highly redacted evidence dump. You're determined to exonerate Zimmerman despite the incomplete investigation. Was Zimmerman even given a lie detector test? Can you tell from the released evidence who did what when? I can't.

My opening post was about how the progressive media (MSNBC Evening crew) handled this, they deliberatly and methodically misportrayed this case and fanned the flames of racial divide. Once the facts came out that contradicted the story they were trying to sell they completly ignore it. My problem is not with the case itself but how the media handled it.
I don't get MSNBC so I can't comment though I did catch a piece on Youtube where there's a discussion of whether Zimmerman says "f*cking coons". I've run the 911 tape though some pricy forensic audio software... and I don't believe he's complaining about the "cold", or anything else some "experts" have claimed. I do suspect Zimmerman was racially profiling him and used that racial slur. And I suspect that the police were probably sympathetic to his story and let him go... despite a recommendation for manslaughter charges. Race was interjected into this story long before the national news caught up.

But if you're pretending to be neutral on this, making some neutral observation about the media... it seems your only concern it MSNBC, not how the Right has abused and distorted this story, I don't believe you. You've already betrayed your bias:

Quote WorkerBee:Given this evidence that the prosecute had that collaborated Zimmerman's story I don't think it is surprising that charges were not made. Not that Zimmerman was with out fault here but the evidence does suggest that Martin was attacking him at the time the shot was fired.

[/quote]

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Currently Chatting

Should public radio program in the public interest?

NPR is supposed to be our national public radio, but they're barely covering climate issues that are in the public's interest.

Only one month ago, a national New York Times/CBS News poll found that half of all Americans think that global warming is already having a serious impact. Sixty percent of those surveyed even said that protecting our environment should be a priority “even at the risk of curbing economic growth.”