Upside down stars on Republican logo

6 posts / 0 new

Thom,

As a designer who's created many logos, it looks to me like they flipped the stars in order to make them larger and stil fit inside the elephant.. If you flip them right side up, the points will stick out of the elephant, so you would have to make them smaller to fit, which doesn't have the same graphic impact. That, and following Beelzebub's explicit orders of course...... : )

Jgmdesign's picture
Jgmdesign

Comments

Thom, you're still saying nobody knows.....

Jgmdesign's picture
Jgmdesign

That makes sense. I mean, making the elephant a little bigger or the stars a little smaller was probably unimaginable.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
Quote Jgmdesign:If you flip them right side up, the points will stick out of the elephant, so you would have to make them smaller to fit, which doesn't have the same graphic impact.
While there may be some design consideration involved, your explanation makes NO sense. A star's points will fit in a circle. The stars could just have well be face up and still fit just fine.. and if they didn't, they could just raise the elephant's back a bit. There are different versions showing this could easily be done.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-h3WLnpWEF-I/Twz0qoikLoI/AAAAAAAACAo/Ld08H_TTeH0/s1600/GOP.jpg

http://www.bafractals.com/DOG_BLOG_DIR/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/hi_res_elephant1.bmp

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

i heard a republican explain that the designers of the logo originally had the elephant shown as "rampant" i.e. on his hind legs. at that angle, they made the stars up-right. then they put the elephant back on all fours, but "neglected"? to re adjust the stars.

harry ashburn

You do not change a key element in a graphic logo, unless either you are a careless designer and the client doesn't care, OR you were asked to make the change by your client, who has a point that he/she wants to make by this change.

Karolina's picture
Karolina

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.