Virgil Goode Wins Constitution Party Nomination on First Ballot, Picks VP Choice

7 posts / 0 new

Virgil Goode Wins Constitution Party Nomination on First Ballot, Picks VP Choice

April 21st, 2012 · 16 Comments

Virgil Goode has won the Presidential nomination of the Constitution Party on the first ballot, winning a majority of 203 votes. He made it clear, prior to the vote, that his choice for Vice Presidential candidate is outgoing Chairman Jim Clymer of Pennsylvania. Clymer is, by far, the favorite now to win the Vice Presidential nomination of the Constitution Party–it’s not known to us here at IPR whether he faces an opponent.

Scoring 203 of 403 possible votes, Goode won on the first ballot with 50.37%. 2 less votes would’ve pushed the issue to a second ballot.

UPDATE: Final vote was Goode – 203, Castle 120, Ducey 15, Roth 6, Wells 58.

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2012/04/virgil-goode-wins-constitution-party-nomination-on-first-ballot-picks-vp-choice/

antikakistocrat's picture
antikakistocrat

Comments

Is Virgil the man who ran on the "The Rent is Too Damn High Party" line.

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

No !!!!!!!

antikakistocrat's picture
antikakistocrat

Mr. Goode info:

I believe that was a black man from NY, though I could be wrong about the state I don't think I'm wrong about the color.

It is always nice to have other options other than the two corrupt monolopy parties. We should get behind Ron Paul's legislation to make it easier for 3rd parties/independents to compete

http://www.goodeforpresident2012.com/

PAFreedom

Wow, he is pro constitution but simultansously against womens' liberties and the 14th Amdt.

Does the Constitution Party use the US constitution or the CSA's?

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76
Quote Phaedrus76:

Wow, he is pro constitution but simultansously against womens' liberties and the 14th Amdt.

Does the Constitution Party use the US constitution or the CSA's?

The 14th Amendment was never ratified. Therefore, it is not part of the Constitution.

TheFirstLeftist's picture
TheFirstLeftist
The 14th Amendment was never ratified.
Another one of those startling new realities the RW keeps discovering.

The Amendment was ratified by 3/4 of the States by 7/9/1868 and unconditionally certified by Seward on 7/28/1868

Art's picture
Art

Currently Chatting

Time to Rethink the War on Terror

Thom plus logo

When Eric Holder eventually steps down as Attorney General, he will leave behind a complicated legacy, some of it tragic, like his decision not to prosecute Wall Street after the financial crisis, and his all-out war on whistleblowers like Edward Snowden.