What is the love affair with Lincoln by the Left and the Right all about?

8 posts / 0 new

I've noticed in our current political discourse that Lincoln is some sort of god. The Left and Right, with some exceptions, seem to be in love with Lincoln. Anyone who criticized him is deemed some kind of neo-Conferate or apologist for slavery.

TheFirstLeftist's picture
TheFirstLeftist

Comments

So, what's your beef with Abe? Obviously, he must have done something right if both sides of the political spectrum are trying desperately to wrestle Abe into their corner.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

The left likes Abe for his anti slavery and anti wage slavery arguments. I suppose the right loves him for his militarism, and being a Republican.

Phaedrus76's picture
Phaedrus76

Abe had chutzpa ,he introduced the green back and then he was assassinated by the private banking cartel !! if i was in power i would introduce the HEMP-BACK and probably get assassinated by the oil barons.

Who cares anyway give me liberty or death the human soul always seeks liberty and freedom.,freedom to live on a pristine planet that in time will rejuvenate its self ,free from the black sludge that you call progress it,s progress towards your demise we need more Abe Lincoln,s,one thing is for sure Obama is no radical just the usual status quo in bed with big money and the corpotocracy and greed of the few at expense of the many!!!

Who,s planet is it anyway ,non of ours it belongs,s to life, Life is Prime Value and we as good stewards are asked to sustain life for the next generations and put in place what works for the highest good of all our mother EARTH COMES FIRST .

namaste

humanitys team's picture
humanitys team

At least Abe could write a book and speak in complete sentences.

Dr. Econ's picture
Dr. Econ

Hiistory is a Lie, Agreed upon. Napoleon

"All propaganda must be so popular and on such an intellectual level, that even the most stupid of those towards whom it is directed will understand it. Therefore, the intellectual level of the propaganda must be lower the larger the number of people who are to be influenced by it."

Just Say No

"Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way around, to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise."
~ Benito Mussolini,
"London Sunday Express," December 8, 1935

The Industrial Revolution made slave owning more expensive than tractors. There are no humanitarians outside of the History books. Written by the victors. Flying Reindeer came from magic mushrooms and Columbus couldn't even find America, let alone discover it. Lincoln is loved because little kids in America are taught stories about him. No different than why racist kids grow up to be racists. That's what they're taught. Or why dung worriers are so irrationally paranoid of Ganja and my Hemp blue jeans.

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country... Corporations have bee enthroned, an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money-power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until the wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."
Abraham Lincoln, November 12, 1864,

Al Capone and Watergate were red herrings to divert the countries attention from the Fascist acts of eliminating competition. Booze/Ethanol or Ganja//Hemp... Legally.

DdC's picture
DdC

Lincoln actually said that? No way. He was a country lawyer who was born in a log cabin and freed the slaves.

Dr. Econ's picture
Dr. Econ

Ron Paul agrees with me re:civil war, it was unnecessary. 650,000 lives killed for preserving a union with bigots that begat the current repressive red state ignoramuses. An embargo could have worked instead, and cash incentives for those willing to join the civilised world. West Virginia split from VA joining the north. [Nevada split with Utah, too but not over North/South conflict] Lincoln started out as a white supremacist, it's in republican dna. He also wanted to ship them all back to Africa. These points aren't usually taught.

Americans like myths. Another one is the Great Constitution

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Currently Chatting

Can Democrats Set Out a New Path?

Democrats must embrace a pro-government platform, not run away from it.

Those were the sentiments of Senator Chuck Schumer today, in a speech given at the National Press Club. Talking about the reasons for Democrats’ losses on Election Day, Schumer said that those losses were proof that the American people and middle-class want a government that will work more effectively for them.