Why I can be a Constitutionalist

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
antikakistocrat
antikakistocrat's picture

1) Life: For all human beings, from conception to natural death;
2) Liberty: Freedom of conscience and actions for the self-governed individual;
3)Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted;
4)Property: Each individual's right to own and steward personal property without government burden;
5)Constitution: and Bill of Rights interpreted according to the actual intent of the Founding Fathers;
6)States' Rights: Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government, nor prohibited by the Constitution to the states, is reserved to the states or to the people;
7)American Sovereignty: American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, and not entangled in foreign alliances.

Comments

Pierpont
Pierpont's picture
  My my, you truly are

 

My my, you truly are delusional aren't you? First of all the not all of the principles in the Declaration of Independence made it into the Constitution.
Life? Not so much. The Ninth Amendment can be seen as protecting the right to choose.
Liberty? And ya, that Constitution really protected the rights of slaves.. I mean slave owners.
Family? Nope... the Constitution is silent on that. Dream on. The Constitution is entirely a SECULAR document.
The Bill of Rights? You have to be kidding. The original Framers DID NOT WANT A BILL OF RIGHTS!!!! It was FORCED on the new government as a condition of ratification.
States rights. Ya, that can SOMETIMES work. But states have used that to protect slavery, Jim Crow, segregation and a host of other evils.

 
Hey, you forgot the General Welfare!!!! Ah shucks! The Orwellian Right always forgets that! Me thinks you've been listening to Glennnnn Beck too much.

Phaedrus76
Phaedrus76's picture
#6 States Rights? Like the

#6 States Rights? Like the 2nd amdt, conservatives always manage to ignore half that phrase. States' and Peoples' rights. Of course this Constitution Party is about putting Negros back in the fields, in the name of freedom.

Pierpont
Pierpont's picture
Phaedrus76 wrote:...in the

Phaedrus76 wrote:
...in the name of freedom.

That's one of the problems with "freedom"... one's freedoms often means another's slavery. Freedom in the US was never defined as it was in France in The Rights Of Man... where freedom consists of anything except that which harms another. In the US freedom was reserved for The People... white freemen with property. And some of that property was Black slaves.  Given the reform-proof nature of the Constitution and its protection of slavery, it's doubtful slavery could have been abolished without the Civil War.    

Dr. Econ
Dr. Econ's picture
antikakistocrat wrote: 1)

antikakistocrat wrote:
 1) Life: For all human beings, from conception to natural death;

That was not obvious in the 15th century, but it is now. Except, of course the abortion issue, which I am sure was not relevent at the time.

antikakistocrat wrote:
 2) Liberty: Freedom of conscience and actions for the self-governed individual;

Well, sure, but there are exceptions. A person has to pay their taxes for the common defense and welfare. And the Libertarians are wrong for thinking this does not mean the market should not be regulated. 

antikakistocrat wrote:
3)Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted;

Is that your rule for everyone else or just you? If your saying that gays can't married or people can't be athiests, then that violates #2.

antikakistocrat wrote:
4)Property: Each individual's right to own and steward personal property without government burden;

But the government gives - or in reality steals - the land and provides it to you to make 'your property'. 

antikakistocrat wrote:
6)States' Rights: Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government, nor prohibited by the Constitution to the states, is reserved to the states or to the people;

That's obviously contradictory. All the princaples that the federal government must follow the state should follow. 

chilidog
I want to know where these

I want to know where these folks live so I can move in next door and store a ton of dynamite in my garage, tie up my pet Bengal tiger on a nylon rope in my front yard, and put a 40 foot tall lighted billboard advertising my Saturday night cock fights.

Phaedrus76
Phaedrus76's picture
Hey, my asshole neighbor who

Hey, my asshole neighbor who murdered 4 people had anti tank grenades on his property, a dynamite and a Bengal tiger seem reasonable.

antikakistocrat
antikakistocrat's picture
Phaedrus76 wrote: #6 States

Phaedrus76 wrote:

#6 States Rights? Like the 2nd amdt, conservatives always manage to ignore half that phrase. States' and Peoples' rights. Of course this Constitution Party is about putting Negros back in the fields, in the name of freedom.

Where in hell did you read that ?   I think you are are thinking of the Dixiecrat Party.

No where does the Constitution Party want to repeal the 13th Amendment.  If you find evidence to the contrary then prove it, but don't just go off shooting your mouth without reading the Constitution Party's platform.

http://www.constitutionparty.org/party_platform.php

antikakistocrat
antikakistocrat's picture
The Constitituion Party was

The Constitituion Party was founded in 1992 as the US Taxpayers Party.  No where are their any plans to regress backwards to all the evils that were the social norm in colonial America.

Pierpont
Pierpont's picture
Dr. Econ

Dr. Econ wrote:
antikakistocrat wrote:
6)States' Rights: Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government, nor prohibited by the Constitution to the states, is reserved to the states or to the people;

That's obviously contradictory. All the princaples that the federal government must follow the state should follow. 

Really? So you're saying the 10th amendment doesn't exist? I suspect you're confusing rights and powers. Arguably the 14 amendment extends rights to all states but that doesn't negate state's rights in other areas.

Dr. Econ
Dr. Econ's picture
Pierpont wrote: Dr. Econ

Pierpont wrote:

Dr. Econ wrote:
antikakistocrat wrote:
6)States' Rights: Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government, nor prohibited by the Constitution to the states, is reserved to the states or to the people;

That's obviously contradictory. All the princaples that the federal government must follow the state should follow. 

Really? So you're saying the 10th amendment doesn't exist? I suspect you're confusing rights and powers. Arguably the 14 amendment extends rights to all states but that doesn't negate state's rights in other areas.

I am not saying what is legal, but rather what a Libertarian should argue and be consistent about. The Libertarians make an unholy alliance with State's rights people - purely for political expiedency.  In fact, if you are against welfare you should be against it either if the Federal government or the state government does it. 

Trying to maintain that there is some holy spirit that protects a government of tens of millions but not hundreds of millions seems pathetic.