Dark Money as term for Cit. United flood

5 posts / 0 new

I was listening to something about Super Pac money flooding into a campaign and a term flashed into my head.

As with the dark matter that may be a huge part of the universe but seems un-detectable, how about 'Dark Money' as a term for all the Super Pac and secret money Citizens United has dumped on your political system?

I'm in Canada. Our Neo-con Prime Minister Harper's first act was to cut funding for political parties.. Apparently he is confident that his Conservatives will be just fine.. With a 38% 'majority government' he will be stuffing the Supreme Court and with three years to go I expect him to try a lot of his heroes' tactics.

Good luck in Nov. and try to vote / get your votes counted..

Rick

Rick in Canadia's picture
Rick in Canadia

Comments

Just a remnder,

All this news about Obamacare, Fast and Spurious etc. will keep people amused (with a dollop of Lindsay Lohan I'm sure..) while the Right sets up the voter supression, unlimited money vs Dems, fat-out swift-boating in the last few weeks, done anonymously of course, then if they still need it, some voter machine jiggery-pokery..

Good luck,

Rick

Rick in Canadia's picture
Rick in Canadia

Hi Rick in Canada,

I just read about a bill that was passed in Canada that is taking out your environmental protections. It seems that the oil & gas industry is having the same influence in your country as it is in ours. I posted about that bill in the environment section of this website. It breaks my heart to see what is happening to your beautiful boreal forest because of tar sands oil and I am fighting to keep that from happening here and from supporting expansion of your tar sands by trying desperatly to stop pipeline expansions into our country.

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-disclosure-challenge-20120626,0,4845130,full.story

"After winning right to spend, political groups fight for secrecy

Conservatives who said disclosure of donors would prevent corruption now are attacking such rules, citing fears of harassment."

Read the whole story but not if you are eating. Those duplicitious bastards!

DynoDon

Rick in Canada offers that wonderful "good friend" perspective we need to heed. I have felt that we need to have more pride in ourselves as Americans than to believe that we cannot do healthcare as a public right like other "leading democracies." Yes, we can. It just requires growing up a bit and taking a look at what works even if it is not in your child's garden of American Exceptionality.

drc2

Currently Chatting

Who Should an Economy Serve?

The top one percent own half of all the world's assets. In stark contrast, the bottom fifty percent of the world owns less than one percent. According to the 2014 Global Wealth Report from Credit Suisse, global inequality has surged since the 2008 financial collapse. The report explains that while global wealth has more than doubled since the year 2000, the vast majority of overall growth has gone to those who were already wealthy.