"Done with Edwards? Jail some BANKERS!"

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Karolina
Karolina's picture

From Rebuild the Dream.

Colin Holtz and Rebuild the Dream wrote:
Now that the Department of Justice has finished the John Edwards prosecution, can we move on to an investigation of Wall Street bankers, please?

Tell the DOJ: Done with John Edwards? Investigate the bankers who crashed the economy.

If you've been following along this past week, former senator and presidential candidate John Edwards was found not guilty on one charge, and the jury was unable to decide on five other charges of violating campaign finance laws.

On the other hand, guess how many criminal charges have been filed against the top executives of the financial institutions whose fraud nearly crashed the global financial system, drove our economy into a ditch, resulted in billions in taxpayer bailouts, and left millions of Americans searching for jobs and millions of homeowners owing more than their homes are worth?

None. Zero. Zip. Nada. Zilch.[1]

Now, I'm certainly not defending John Edwards. In fact, I have some choice words I could share about that guy. And breaking the law is breaking the law. But that's exactly the point!

Why does Wall Street get away free? These "worst of the 1%" are the people who kicked military families out of homes illegally, deliberately stuck minority homeowners in high-priced subprime mortgages they charmingly call "ghetto loans," and have paid only negligible fines despite allegations of market-rigging, deception, and lying to clients.[2]

If we can get to 50,000 signatures, we'll publish the petition and number of signers in a DC publication that's read by folks at the Department of Justice. Click here to add your name.

Underwater homeowners need help. Struggling young people could face an overnight doubling of the interest rates on their student loans. But Wall Street profits have already rebounded, and there are no repercussions in sight.

If you think something's wrong with this picture, you're part of the right community.

Keep fighting,
Colin and the rest of the Rebuild the Dream team.

The Daily Beast, Oct 26, 2011.

Rebuild the Dream is a platform for bottom-up, people-powered innovations to help fix the U.S. economy.
You can follow us on Twitter, and like us on Facebook

Click here to add yourself to Rebuild the Dream’s email list.

So far 61,826 have signed. 
Help to get as many signatures as possible:

Rebuild the Dream wrote:
Hey, thanks for signing our petition calling for the Department of Justice to bring charges against Wall Street bankers.

If we can get 50,000 signatures on this petition, we'll take out an ad in a DC publication to make sure Department of Justice employees see it. Can you help?

Click here to share on Facebook.

Click here to share on Twitter.

Or copy and paste the text below and email your family, friends, neighbors, and everyone else you know!

Thanks, and be well,
Colin and the rest of the Rebuild the Dream team

Friend,

Now that the Department of Justice has prosecuted John Edwards, it's time to move on to Wall Street already.

Breaking the law is breaking the law. So why have no charges been filed against the top executives of the financial institutions whose fraud nearly crashed the global financial system, drove our economy into a ditch, resulted in billions in taxpayer bailouts, and left millions of Americans searching for jobs and one in three homeowners owing more than their homes are worth?

If Rebuild the Dream can get 50,000 signatures on this petition, they'll publish it in a DC publication for DOJ folks to see.

I just signed -- click here to join me:

http://act.rebuildthedream.com/sign/doj_edwards_ws/?source=EMS

Thanks!

Comments

antikakistocrat
antikakistocrat's picture
Now we're getting it. Thanks

Now we're getting it.

Thanks you those who know how to go for real issues here.

The American Dream Film-Full Length

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGk5ioEXlIM

The Money Masters.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936&q=The+money+changers&ei=Zd4QSMjvB47YqAKQtJmzBA

media_muse
 "Done with Edwards? Jail

"Done with Edwards? Jail some BANKERS!"

Thanks Karolina for this posting.

"Jail some BANKERS!"

"Jail some BANKERS!"

"Jail some BANKSTERS!"

Karolina
Karolina's picture
OK—all done. The second box

OK—all done.

The second box is to help get this effort to go ... viral

Karolina
Karolina's picture
Media Muse, its good to "see"

Media Muse, its good to "see" you!  It's been a while!

You're right — BANKSTERS is the only title those bastards deserve!

Karolina
Karolina's picture
I just realized a PS to the

I just realized a PS to the petition to charge banksters! 

Send 'em Glass Steagall!

There were arrests when that was passed ... anyone remember the Pecora Commission?

camaroman
camaroman's picture
AG Holder and the whole

AG Holder and the whole attorney generals office are a bunch of incompetent racist idiots. Look at ho they bungled the Edwards case. Besides Obama is not going to let Holder mess with his friends and cash cow.

Also, Holder wouldn't do anything about the new black panther party intimidation og voters.

delete jan in iowa
camaroman wrote: Holder

camaroman wrote:

Holder wouldn't do anything about the new black panther party intimidation og voters.

Three old men..... really a threat.

media_muse
Thanks Karolina - I had to

Thanks Karolina - I had to take care of some other life matters. I'm glad to see you are keeping up here.

I was sickened by the Edwards debacle - on many levels. Our overlords and vindictive politicos offer up Edwards demise to us - the Gladiator Kill Sport of the month. In the mean while they CONTINUE to look the other way concerning the banksters fraud - current & past, greater & more massive than Edwards. The incredible ongoing BANKSTER FRAUD perpertrated on our system ~  sickening ~ surreal ~ soul less circumstances we are living with. The amazing ongoing BANKSTER FRAUD is like the incredible gigantic elephant in the room. But even more bizarre - we know that elephant - bloated with trillions - is in the room! We talk about it! Even talking and knowing doesn't make a flippin' difference. One can still hope.

I ask too - why hasn't the Glass-Steagall Act  been resurrected?  Something or anything done? There's been plenty of discussion for a few years now - along with the taxpayer trillions $$$$$$$ - given to THE BANKSTER FRAUDSTERS to bail them out - because they are such smart ass guys.

Karolina
Karolina's picture
Neither Obama nor Romney will

Neither Obama nor Romney will not allow Glass-Steagall to be reenacted, unless something different happens.

Yes we can hope — but being that I'm not one of the many atheists & agnostists — I'll be doing some praying too.  :D