Drug Test Non Tax Payers!!!!

65 posts / 0 new

I've had it with the Right's attempts to sabotage the fiscal health of this nation with irresponsible tax cuts which Bush bragged took some 5 MILLION off the tax rolls. The idea that these people should be given a "free ride" without proving they are worthy of these tax cuts only sets a bad example for others who might want to reduce their income to the poverty level just to also become income tax free. Such "tax cheats" need to prove they are drug free before they are eligible for such status. And I'm tired of ANY citizen getting ANY tax break... for mortgage deductions, capital gains, whatever, unless they are DRUG FREE! Otherwise people like myself are just picking up the tab for these dirt bags!

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Comments

That implythth at we are giving them anything instead of not taking as much of theeproperty where in welfare you are giving some one else's property to the recipient class.

CollegeConservative's picture
CollegeConservative
Quote CollegeConservative:

That implythth at we are giving them anything instead of not taking as much of theeproperty where in welfare you are giving some one else's property to the recipient class.

WTF are you babbling about? We The People are now 16 TRILLION in debt... and what you think are justified tax cuts because "it's our money" is really just our creditor's money. We should not delay debt pay down and running up trillions in interest by giving tax breaks to people who might be drug users. TEST THEM ALL... not ONE cent of tax breaks to Wall Street coke users!!!!

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

A tax break is not the same as Wellfare by far. Atax break allows u to keep more of what u earned where Wellfare gives someone something theyhave not earned.

CollegeConservative
Quote Pierpont:

I've had it with the Right's attempts to sabotage the fiscal health of this nation with irresponsible tax cuts which Bush bragged took some 5 MILLION off the tax rolls. The idea that these people should be given a "free ride" without ptroving they are worthy of these tax cuts only sets a bad example for others who might want to reduce their income to the poverty level just to also become income tax free. Such "tax cheats" need to prove they are drug free before they are eligible for such status. And I'm tired of ANY citizen getting ANY tax break... for mortgage deductions, capital gains, whatever, unless they are DRUG FREE! Otherwise people like myself are just picking up the tab for these dirt bags!

You have hit on a really good idea. I would also include all senators, Federal judges, & Congresspeople. The results should be published & people found positive should have their pay & benefits suspended as well as their voting rights. Remember their pay is Our tax money.

Recovering conservative2's picture
Recovering cons...

A tax break is not the same as Wellfare by far. Atax break allows u to keep more of what u earned where Wellfare gives someone something theyhave not earned.

So you agree that we should Drug Test everyone with UNEARNED income before we give them any tax breaks that have a negative impact on our ability to pay down debt? Progress is being made!

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Perhaps I've not gone far enough. Since drug use, hell even alcohol abuse, costs society hundreds of billions, perhaps we should drug and alcohol test EVERYONE and pay each person LESS than those who test negative to cover those social costs. Just riding the wave of those slipperly slope arguments!

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

How about deporting those that fail the drug testing? After throwing them in jail for 10-15 years.... long enough for them to lose their job skills and contacts (the Wall Street crowd).... And maybe start a colony for them somewhere "interesting" like the Antarctic or Easter Island.

delete jan in iowa

NO I'm not recieving anything from the federagovernment so there for no test isrequired.

CollegeConservative

NO I'm not recieving anything from the federagovernment so there for no test isrequired.

You don't receive protection and freedom from the Federal government? Why are all of our soldiers sacraficing themselves then. You don't drive on Interstates? Did you go to college for 12 years and counting with no Federal help? The college you attend doesn't receive any Federal help? How does one go through life in the United States without receiving anything from the Federal government?

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

I go to a private christian school went to a bare bones Christian church school so my education has been funded entirely by me and my family. I am saying that a tax break having the government give them anything where as welfare recives money not earned

CollegeConservative

I go to a private christian school went to a bare bones Christian church school

So if you're going to a Christian school, does that mean you're a Christian?

If so, where is your Christ centered ethic of caring for others? I went to a Christian college, too. We were taught that Christ said it was our obligation to care for the sick, poor and the unfortunate among us. Do you believe that Christ taught these things?

delete jan in iowa

Yes but I believe that should be left to the church not the government.

CollegeConservative

Yes but I believe that should be left to the church not the government.

My reading of the Bible does not say where it should come from, but that it should be done.

If "we the people" which is the government wish to help others aren't we doing what Christ taught?

delete jan in iowa

Does that mean there is no seperation of church and state and roe v wade can be overturned?

CollegeConservative

Does that mean there is no seperation of church and state and row cease is overturned?

I'm asking you about what you believe Christ taught us about helping the poor. Do you believe that the Christ taught us to help our fellow man and that it is our duty to help others?

delete jan in iowa

No awnser the question if you believe that this christ teaching should be applied why shouldn't sanctity of life be applied to the federal government?

CollegeConservative

No awnser the question if you believe that this christ teaching should be applied why shouldn't sanctity of life be applied to the federal government?

I know you don't want to answer my question because you cannot defend your position. Trying to change the subject is a weak tactic.

If the "church" should be the only entity to help the poor and needy, then it has utterly failed at that task.

There are 23 million children in America living in poverty. One in four children go to bed hungry every night in America. The "church" is incapable of dealing with these numbers.

So if each of us as a "church" (a sacred place of God) wishes to aid these children with our hard earned tax dollars, why should that be blocked and prevented? Would Christ care when the aid came from?

delete jan in iowa

You cannot cherry pick verses of the bible if you want to impose Christ impose all of Christ.

CollegeConservative

When Christ (according to the Bible) was teaching anyone who would listen, there weren't any churches. Churches exist to remind people of Christ's teachings. Unfortunately now churches extract more money from people than it injects back to people. I think that Christ would be ashamed of the church. They rarely represent what he taught. CC is a prime example of the product of the teachings of the church.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

You cannot cherry pick verses of the bible if you want to impose Christ impose all of Christ.

You seem to be the one cherry picking. Answer my question.

delete jan in iowa

No, you're you're claiming you don't DIRECTLY get anything from the federal government. We ALL receive something from the federal government... unless you're claiming defense, infrastructure, health research, etc etc is "nothing". Are YOU paying for everything you get? If we were, there'd not be a 16 TRILLION DEBT. It's PROOF we've pissed away now 15 TRILLION on ourselves just since Reagan that we refuse to pay for. So please get over your smug Orwellian Right Free Lunch dementia.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

No I'm not Jesus said for the individual to provide he never called for government to force charity.

Forced charity is not charity.

CollegeConservative

I go to a private christian school....

Ha! I predicted this weeks ago! No wonder you seem so poorly educated. Time to get a refund!

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

No I'm not Jesus said for the individual to provide he never called for government to force charity.

Forced charity is not charity.

Where did he mention the government. "Render unto Caesar....." did he say that? Did he say anything about what Caesar should do with the taxes?

No one is forcing me.... I want my tax dollars to assist the poor. Since the "church" is completely incapable of dealing with the 23 million children living in poverty and the one in four children going to bed hungry each and every night, my tax dollars are well spent helping these children. I'm doing with my tax dollars what Christ told us to do.

delete jan in iowa

Theyo why not ask fougly your taxes back so u cangive it away yourself and cut out the middle man andwaste?

CollegeConservative

Theyo why not ask fougly your taxes back so u cangive it away yourself and cut out the middle man andwaste?

You need to go to English class.

The point is that they are helping the children the "church" has not helped. Isn't that what Christ would find the true point?

And if you "feel forced" ..... then maybe you need to examine your own heart, not criticize the good works of others.

delete jan in iowa

Its the phone.

CollegeConservative

Enough verbal masturbation on this already! With all that is going on-this is a priority? This is a right wing troll topic. Nobody has ever been able to choose what their taxes go for-your elected representatives decide and majority rules.

lovecraft
Quote lovecraft:

Enough verbal masturbation on this already! With all that is going on-this is a priority? This is a right wing troll topic. Nobody has ever been able to choose what their taxes go for-your elected representatives decide and majority rules.

Thanks for the clarity.

I'm done, made my point.

delete jan in iowa

Welfare is not the good work of others! The good work of others is the church that distributes charitybout of thegoodness of their heart not their benefit.

CollegeConservative

Welfare is not the good work of others! The good work of others is the church that distributes charitybout of thegoodness of their heart not their benefit.

What a narrow minded definition of good works. Very convenient to dismiss what others are trying to do. Not very Christ like.

delete jan in iowa

No one gives a damn about the church or charity. If you want to discuss that START YOUR OWN GODDAMN THREAD.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote jan in iowa:

Please don't let CC derail another thread with his off-topic blather.

What a narrow minded definition of good works. Very convenient to dismiss what others are trying to do. Not very Christ like.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote Pierpont:

Please don't let CC derail another thread with his off-topic blather.

You're right.... as you well know it's just really hard not to keep engaging. I will do my best to restrain myself.

delete jan in iowa

I wasn't the one that brought up the church I'm just defending it.

CollegeConservative

I don't give a crap if you're texting from a phone. It's just disrespectful to those in this forum to post as you do.

If I can decode your gibberish... so you're saying having middlemen in an economic transaction make it inefficient? SURE! Middlemen contribute nothing yet get a cut of the action. That's why many nations REJECT our for-profit model for health insurance and moved to Single Payer. They've cut the parasitic for-profit bureaucrats in the private sector out of the equation. It's the same with towns that have municipal electric depts. All things being equal in management, they can provide lower cost electricity because they don't have the overhead private companies do… high CEO pay, advertising, profits to shareholders etc.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont
Quote Pierpont:

No, you're you're claiming you don't DIRECTLY get anything from the federal government. We ALL receive something from the federal government... unless you're claiming defense, infrastructure, health research, etc etc is "nothing". Are YOU paying for everything you get? If we were, there'd not be a 16 TRILLION DEBT. It's PROOF we've pissed away now 15 TRILLION on ourselves just since Reagan that we refuse to pay for. So please get over your smug Orwellian Right Free Lunch dementia.

It comes as no surprise CC refuses to deal with this question. He claims he receives NOTHING from the government yet he refuses to say if he even pays ANY taxes.... or if they do, whether they cover what he DOES receive. So since he DOES receive government services for which he does not pay for... he meets his own definition of a Welfare Queen who MUST be drug tested.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Let's get back to what we were on before jan dirailed the conversation.

CollegeConservative

Perhaps I could keep more of what I earn if I didn't have to help cover costs for student freeloaders like yourself... who in the end aren't even getting a decent education, but only are being brainwashed at your religious "college".

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Well we are one of the top 25 business schools in the country. And you don't cover anything for me I took private loans and my private school accepts no tax payer money.

CollegeConservative

I thought your degree was something to do with energy or environmental remediation or something?

chilidog

Minor in business

CollegeConservative

Minor in business

CollegeConservative

Minor in business

CollegeConservative

Minor in business

CollegeConservative

Well we are one of the top 25 business schools in the country. And you don't cover anything for me I took private loans and my private school accepts no tax payer money.

OF COURSE YOU'RE A FREELOADER... you're just ignoring the posts that said something like this

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Well so does the wellfare recipient but I at least contribute to that constitutional expenditure the welfare recipient does not. I was saying that as an individual I cost u nothing.

CollegeConservative

Wow a major in business is pretty worthless, much less a minor (unless it's in accounting or finance - for which you really don't need 4 years of college.) Your bread and butter is the major in the applied science.

chilidog
Quote chilidog:

I thought your degree was something to do with energy or environmental remediation or something?

Far Right Christian ideas of the environment are to say screw it! Man has dominion and if we mess it up, it doesn't matter... Jesus is coming soon. Funny how that just meshes so well with extreme capitalist beliefs. But then there's that feedback effect where looney religious doctrine is reinforced by degenerate economic elites who need devine justification for their immoral acts.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Well so does the wellfare recipient but I at least contribute to that constitutional expenditure the welfare recipient does not. I was saying that as an individual I cost u nothing.

You haven't proved you pay for all you receive from government in services. But you're missing my point. NONE OF US DO. That 16 trillion debt PROVES IT. Debt represents money we spent on ourselves yet refused to tax ourselves for what we received... instead pushing the cost on to our kids and grandkids. The Right loves to claim SPENDING is the only problem, but if We The People were already 6 TRILLION in debt back in 2001... then slashing revenue that could have gone to paying down debt... paying for what we spent on ourselves, was grotesquely immoral. Bush compounded the problem by spending more without taxes.

So since we're all free loading "welfare queens" to one extent or another, perhaps we ALL should be drug tested to see if we deserve those freebies.

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Currently Chatting

Our kids are counting on us to reverse austerity.

According to UNICEF, even in the world's richest countires, children remain “the most enduring victims” of the recession. In the last six years, 2.6 million more kids have fallen below the poverty line, and more than half of them live right here in the United States.