Getting active works!

3 posts / 0 new

Occupy Buffalo protestors on Thursday convinced their city to end its business ties with JP Morgan Chase – and move $45 million out of the Wall Street giant and into a local bank – First Niagara Financial Group. As the Buffalo city comptroller said about the move: “Not only will the funds earn more interest with First Niagara, a major local employer headquartered in Buffalo, but it also sends a crystal-clear message to JPMorgan Chase that the City of Buffalo is not happy with their business practices.”

One of the great successes of the Occupy movement since it began this year is convincing Americans, businesses, and entire cities to move hundreds of millions of dollars out of Wall Street banks and into local banks. Let’s keep it up.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

I am sure the city can use the added income to repair a small portion of the damage these little fools have caused.

THISAA's picture
THISAA
Quote THISAA:

I am sure the city can use the added income to repair a small portion of the damage these little fools have caused.

And the rest they can use to pay down debt from tax breaks to corporations and the 1%. Everybody wins ..... except JP Morgan Chase.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

Currently Chatting

The Real Carbon “Monster” Revealed

Another day, another stupid assault on the truth by the fossil fuel industry and its paid lackeys. In a recent op-ed for the New York Post, Tom Harris, the executive director of the so-called International Climate Science Coalition -- an organization that’s funded, in part, by the fossil fuel industry -- blasted Leonardo DiCaprio for his work on “Carbon,” a new documentary on climate change that I helped write and present.