Holder In Contempt?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Combad57
Combad57's picture

Holder ran the gauntlet before a Senate committe on "Fast and Furious." Naturally the insults were fired by the GOP Inc. side and Cornyn in particular calling for Holder's resignation and accusing him of perjury. Hmm. Where were these guys when the same goofy scheme was called "Operation Wide Receiver" during the Bush years?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/12/1099439/-Sen-Cornyn-accuses-Eric-Holder-of-perjury-asks-him-to-resign-Gets-told-to-pound-sand

I'll admit that I'm not much of a Holder fan, but then again I remember Alberto Gonzoles, so Holder looks pretty good by comparison. If they want to put Holder's feet to the fire, the obvious topic would be lack of prosecution of the banksters. But I forget, these guys are owned by Wall Street.

Comments

delete jan in iowa
John Cornyn was my Senator in

John Cornyn was my Senator in Texas.  I wrote him monthly for 5 years and he NEVER bothered to answer anything.  He is an arrogant jerk.  

The Republicans are giving Holder grief just to get headlines and distract the public from their failure to pass the Transportation Bill and every other bill that would get the economy moving and folks back to work.

What a bunch of obnoxious creeps! 

bshulman
bshulman's picture
Forget the left-right

Forget the left-right paradigme.  Holder is bad news.  It does not matter that the same program existed under Bush.  With that logic this illegal program will go one forever.

Face it, Holder is a criminal.

Bush_Wacker
Bush_Wacker's picture
bshulman wrote: Forget the

bshulman wrote:

Forget the left-right paradigme.  Holder is bad news.  It does not matter that the same program existed under Bush.  With that logic this illegal program will go one forever.

Face it, Holder is a criminal.

What's wrong with the program?  What is criminal about it? 

drc2
Geez. much as I want a

Geez. much as I want a Warrior to take on Wall St., the F and F crap makes Holder look like a totally decent and beset upon guy.  You don't just stop everything going on when you come into office, and it makes sense that Holder finds out about F and F piecemeal and with resistance.  Then, he ends it and gets held in contempt by people who have earned total contempt.

I think it was Colbert who was surprised to find anyone who had not already been in contempt of Congress.  Holder is a Wall St. puppet, but the criminality of F and F belongs to those who concocted the bad sting and to those who think it can be twisted into a noose for this "high end lynching."  Oh, only con blacks can talk that shit.

rigel1
rigel1's picture
Combad57 wrote:  Where were

Combad57 wrote:

Where were these guys when the same goofy scheme was called "Operation Wide Receiver" during the Bush years?

For some reason things always get more serious when a federal agent is murdered.

Dr. Econ
Dr. Econ's picture
  I don't understand the

I don't understand the problem. It is an undercover operation that used gun sales. I guess you have never seen a cop show.

rigel1
rigel1's picture
Dr. Econ wrote:   I don't

Dr. Econ wrote:

I don't understand the problem. It is an undercover operation that used gun sales. I guess you have never seen a cop show.

Just because you don't understand the problem does not mean there isn't one. When someone gives weapons to the most dangerous people in the world, and they use those weapons to commit murder, people will demand answers. The entire operation was illegal. Believe it or not, in this country the feds are still expected to live by the laws they create. They don't gat a pass on murder. Not really much to understand. Pretty simple stuff.

So if he has nothing to hide, what is the downside to Holder coming clean?

Dr. Econ
Dr. Econ's picture
rigel1 wrote: Dr. Econ

rigel1 wrote:

Dr. Econ wrote:

Just because you don't understand the problem does not mean there isn't one. When someone gives weapons to the most dangerous people in the world, and they use those weapons to commit murder, people will demand answers. The entire operation was illegal. Believe it or not, in this country the feds are still expected to live by the laws they create. They don't gat a pass on murder. Not really much to understand. Pretty simple stuff.

So if he has nothing to hide, what is the downside to Holder coming clean?

You think 'giving' or selling guns to the most dangerous people in the world contributed to the murders that were done? How does that even past the laugh test?