NASA searches for Black Holes

8 posts / 0 new

NASA is ready to launch a sophisticated new telescope into orbit today that will use x-ray vision to hunt for black holes in the universe. The telescope will be able to produce images that are 100 times more sensitive than any other telescope – and scientists hope it will give them a much clearer view of the working of black holes.

Of course – this ambitious NASA mission depends on one thing: and that’s not getting intercepted by the robotic pigeons of Plant Zenu on the way.

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

They just need to go to Washington DC, and they'll find plenty of 'em.

Coalage1
Quote Coalage1:They just need to go to Washington DC, and they'll find plenty of 'em.

Black holes or Robotic Pidgeons or both?

Karolina's picture
Karolina

I reccommend the movie "Contact" with Jodie Foster based on a book by Carl Sagan.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee
Quote douglaslee:

I reccommend the movie "Contact" with Jodie Foster based on a book by Carl Sagan.

Ditto. An excellent story.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Why is this topic under environment?

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

MrsBJLee... you aren't allowed to ask such questions without running them past Jan in Iowa or Pierpont.

Didn't you get the memo?

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian

There are also worm holes, I don't know which one this is http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=herschel-finds-a-hole-in-space

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Currently Chatting

The other way we're subsidizing Walmart...

Most of us know how taxpayers subsidize Walmart's low wages with billions of dollars in Medicaid, food stamps, and other financial assistance for workers. But, did you know that we're also subsidizing the retail giant by paying the cost of their environmental destruction.