Republicans really do live in the a parallel universe

5 posts / 0 new

Someone needs to inform Republicans that they’re entitled to their own opinions, but they’re not entitled to their own facts. A new poll conducted by Dartmouth and YouGov found that most Republicans still believe that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. That was the main argument that war criminals Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld gave the American people to hype up support for war with Iraq in 2003.

But that argument has since been completely debunked. However, nearly ten years later, a majority of Republicans – 63% - still believe its true. That compared with only 15% of Democrats who think it’s still true. To top it all off, of the Republicans polled who think Saddam had WMDs, 64% also believed that President Obama was born in a different country.

I'm beginning to think that Republicans really do live in the a parallel universe – one in which President Obama was born in Kenya, Fast and Furious is a conspiracy to take our guns away, and rich people really are “job creators.”

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

I'm not a Republican and you're confusing two different issues. I know Saddam didn't have WMD's but I don't know where Obama was born. I know McCain was born in Panama, so he definitely wasn't eligible. It is possible to be against the War in Iraq and Afghanistan AND be a "truther" ( a derogatory term) at the same time. It would seem that you are amalgamating the two in order to discredit the latter and further reinforce the Left/Right paradigm.

In addition, you conflate Republican, which is just a party label, with an ideology. There is no "Republican" ideology. There are conservative, liberal, and libertarian ideologies, but those are independent of party.

TheFirstLeftist's picture
TheFirstLeftist
Quote Thom Hartmann Administrator:

Someone needs to inform Republicans that they’re entitled to their own opinions, but they’re not entitled to their own facts. A new poll conducted by Dartmouth and YouGov found that most Republicans still believe that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. That was the main argument that war criminals Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld gave the American people to hype up support for war with Iraq in 2003.

But that argument has since been completely debunked. However, nearly ten years later, a majority of Republicans – 63% - still believe its true. That compared with only 15% of Democrats who think it’s still true. To top it all off, of the Republicans polled who think Saddam had WMDs, 64% also believed that President Obama was born in a different country.

I'm beginning to think that Republicans really do live in the a parallel universe – one in which President Obama was born in Kenya, Fast and Furious is a conspiracy to take our guns away, and rich people really are “job creators.”

Obama was born in Kenya, his wife, a Kenyan Ambassador, and his Grandmother all admit it.

Of course left-wingers live in their own world as well at times. How many times was Obama's Birth Certificate been proven a fraud with six layers beign sifted through and it was shown to be a fabricated contruct using Adobe-Reader ? Yet go to any left-winger forum and it's all racism and not anti-xenocracy with these so called 'Birthers', even tho there's a 'natural-born' clause in the US Constitution.

There are many mythos in both right-wing and left-wing propaganda outlets.

antikakistocrat's picture
antikakistocrat

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/documents/2012/05/hawaiis-verification-of-president-obamas-birth.php?page=1

miksilvr

As if I had any doubts about this ...

Researchers at Fairleigh Dickinson University updated a study they had conducted in late 2011. That study only sampled respondents from New Jersey, where the university is located. This time, the researchers conducted a nationwide poll.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/23/fox-news-less-informed-new-study_n_1538914.html

miksilvr

Currently Chatting

Keystone would be way worse than we thought!

We already know that the Keystone XL pipeline is a disaster waiting to happen. But, it turns out that the impact of that tar sands pipeline could be even worse than we thought. According to a new study by the Stockholm Environmental Institute, Keystone could add four times more carbon pollution to our atmosphere than the State Department originally estimated.