Still doubt that we have the best government money can buy?

9 posts / 0 new

Jamie Dimon was lobbed softballs yesterday in what was supposed to be a severe Senate grilling of the JP Morgan Chase CEO. Rather than demanding to know what led to the $3 billion in sudden losses at the bank, Senators kissed up to Dimon. Senators on both sides of the aisle including Chuck Schumer, Mike Crapo, and Bob Corker tried to justify Dimon’s losses and even asked Dimon to recommend regulations that Congress should place on the banks.

As the Republic Report details – the kid-gloves approach Senators had to Dimon has a lot to do with the campaign contributions they’ve receives from Dimon’s bank. Senators Schumer, Corker, and Crapo all have JP Morgan Chase as their top political donor this election cycle. Still doubt that we have the best government money can buy?

Thom Hartmann Administrator's picture
Thom Hartmann A...

Comments

Money doesn't go very far these days.

camaroman's picture
camaroman

Do you blame congress for taking the money or the company for offering it?

I blame the congressman not the company, the same way i blame the married man not the prostitute

workingman's picture
workingman
Quote workingman:Do you blame congress for taking the money or the company for offering it? I blame the congressman not the company, the same way i blame the married man not the prostitute

You kind of have your analogy backwards. The congressman is the one accepting the money. So is the prostitute. The company and the married man are the one's offering the money. Nice try.

I blame both. The same way I would blame the hit man and the husband who hires him to off his wife.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
Quote Bush_Wacker:
Quote workingman:Do you blame congress for taking the money or the company for offering it? I blame the congressman not the company, the same way i blame the married man not the prostitute

You kind of have your analogy backwards. The congressman is the one accepting the money. So is the prostitute. The company and the married man are the one's offering the money. Nice try.

I blame both. The same way I would blame the hit man and the husband who hires him to off his wife.

The postitute offers the Service the married man should say no thanks i am married. Congress should say the same thing when the company approches them.

workingman's picture
workingman
Quote workingman:
Quote Bush_Wacker:

The postitute offers the Service the married man should say no thanks i am married. Congress should say the same thing when the company approches them.

The prostitute gives something to a paying customer. Congress gives something to a paying customer. The company isn't offering a service. Nice try.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

Speaking of which I always liked this poster.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii160/emal2me/A%20political%202/best_...

Dano45's picture
Dano45
Quote Bush_Wacker:
Quote workingman:
Quote Bush_Wacker:

The prostitute gives something to a paying customer. Congress gives something to a paying customer. The company isn't offering a service. Nice try.

You libs just do not understand anything do you. the company approches the congressman just like a prostitute approches the man. The man should say no thanks go away just like the congressman should say no thanks go away.

This is the same reason i think public union contracts should be voted on by the public And negotiated by a independent person not the politician that is beholden to them to get elected.

workingman's picture
workingman

You conservatives are just plain dumb.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

Currently Chatting