Was the Wisconsin recall stolen?

59 posts / 0 new
Last post

Comments

whiskeyman
whiskeyman's picture
  I have never said that

I have never said that public service workers have been overpaid, for they are not. I do feel that they can pay a portion of their benny's , like most of the taxpayers who are responsible for their wages and benny's, have to do. Maybe you don't realize that there has been a downturn in the economy in recent years, and most of wisconsin's taxpayers have been getting by with less. Would you rather see workers laid off so others may keep their health and retirement? That is what was going to happen if walker didn't sign act 10.

Bush_Wacker
Bush_Wacker's picture
whiskeyman wrote:   I have

whiskeyman wrote:

I have never said that public service workers have been overpaid, for they are not. I do feel that they can pay a portion of their benny's , like most of the taxpayers who are responsible for their wages and benny's, have to do. Maybe you don't realize that there has been a downturn in the economy in recent years, and most of wisconsin's taxpayers have been getting by with less. Would you rather see workers laid off so others may keep their health and retirement? That is what was going to happen if walker didn't sign act 10.

Am I talking to a stump?  I just explained to you that the public service workers are paying for 100% of their benny's.  More than most of the taxpayers have to do.  Private sector employees get their employer to contribute something.  The public workers benny's are included in their salary deal!!!!!!!!!!!  All of which is paid by the taxpayers as I've previously stated.  So the only thing that can "help" the taxpayer out is to "lower their wages".  Which are on average ALREADY lower than private sector employees doing the same kind of job with the same kind of education.

whiskeyman
whiskeyman's picture
 not a stump, just merely

not a stump, just merely able to understand the uncomplicated, but don't worry i'm here to help. Your assumption that their benny's are part of their salary is where you are at fault. So your explanation is false.Their salary doesn't include benny's . Their salary is what they receive for work. Their benny's are a fringe benefit. Which is not required, it is a additional benefit. The only way they can contribute to their retirement and health is to take money out of their pocket or their check to pay for those benefits. If what you are assuming was true a person not taking health or retirement benefits would be entitled to a larger gross pay than a person who is taking health and retirement. your welcome

CollegeConservative
CollegeConservative's picture
Maybe they realized as theor

Maybe they realized as theor salarysweren't up so did theitpropertytaxes 

Bush_Wacker
Bush_Wacker's picture
whiskeyman wrote:  not a

whiskeyman wrote:

not a stump, just merely able to understand the uncomplicated, but don't worry i'm here to help. Your assumption that their benny's are part of their salary is where you are at fault. So your explanation is false.Their salary doesn't include benny's . Their salary is what they receive for work. Their benny's are a fringe benefit. Which is not required, it is a additional benefit. The only way they can contribute to their retirement and health is to take money out of their pocket or their check to pay for those benefits. If what you are assuming was true a person not taking health or retirement benefits would be entitled to a larger gross pay than a person who is taking health and retirement. your welcome

I'll lead you to the water but I can't make you drink.

Gov. Scott Walker says he wants state workers covered by collective bargaining agreements to “contribute more” to their pension and health insurance plans. Accepting Gov. Walker’ s assertions as fact, and failing to check, creates the impression that somehow the workers are getting something extra, a gift from taxpayers. They are not. Out of every dollar that funds Wisconsin’ s pension and health insurance plans for state workers, 100 cents comes from the state workers.

How can this be possible?

Simple. The pension plan is the direct result of deferred compensation- money that employees would have been paid as cash salary but choose, instead, to have placed in the state operated pension fund where the money can be professionally invested (at a lower cost of management) for the future.

If the Wisconsin governor and state legislature were to be honest, they would correctly frame this issue. They are not, in fact, asking state employees to make a larger contribution to their pension and benefits programs as that would not be possible- the employees are already paying 100% of the contributions.

What they are actually asking is that the employees take a pay cut.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2011/02/25/the-wisconsin-lie-exposed-taxpayers-actually-contribute-nothing-to-public-employee-pensions/

whiskeyman
whiskeyman's picture
  weedwacker,You had better

weedwacker,You had better check your water for hallucinigens I have read a number of contracts And not a single one has supported your position.Your assumption that the unions workers contribute to their health and retirement is false. But let us analyze your statement. You are saying that the unions chose to have the state pay for their health and retirement in place of getting a raise, the only way they could pay into their health and retirement is if they took the pay increase and had those payments deducted from their pay check. Not taking a raise in pay doesn't constitute the same as paying for their benefits.It is the state's money until it is distibuted to the employees. Also if what you say is true , which it is not, then a person not taking the bennie's would be getting an increased salary, and I can tell you that doesn't happen. Also i have been following this recall from the begining ( both sides), and not a single dem candidiate has ever brought this up. Seems kinda strange that the opposition was silent on this subject. You say it's walker's responsiblity to set the record straight, but don't you really mean that it is his opponents responsiblity to point out any falsehoods?  So I would say that their silence on this subject tells me that your position on this matter is without merit.But what it all boils down to is that walker has won the recall and that has the liberals scared out of their minds ,and you are grasping at anything that you think will change the recall outcome. Walker won and the dems better get use to wisconsin voting conservative, we won't roll over and die when it comes to november, Obama  will have his hands full trying to convince the wisconsin voters that he deserves a second term.

drc2
We have unaudited voting

We have unaudited voting machines and a flood of out-of-state cash.  We have the taped call of Walker and the fake Koch Bro where Walker says candidly what he never admitted in public.

When you lose your union job, do you keep paying your union dues?  Check the decline in union jobs to see the big reason for the 'voluntary' defection.

People did think that the recall was not giving Walker his election rights, and that would normally be the case.  But, Walker and his fast action legislature did violate more than decorum and decency in their push to get rid of collective bargaining and fire workers.  There was a reason the recall happened as well as the Winter protests.  It was not just doing something "courageous" that got Walker in trouble.  It was serving the interests of Big Money that did.

The legislature changed in the recall.  Walker lost his rubber stamp.  The money was outlandish, and its ability to control the message and prevent good discourse is not appreciated.  It is not just persuading the undecided.  It is about what gets discussed in public.

Democracy is not well-served by any of this money as speech nonsense.  Walker's program is dishonest from the start.  He is serving the Koch Agenda, not sound economics or even old-time Republican localism.  He did not face a great opponent either.  Democracy has a lot to learn from Wisconsin, but it is hardly that Walker won "fair and square."  

whiskeyman
whiskeyman's picture
 The change in the state

The change in the state senate is a hollow victory, the senate will not reconvene until after the next election . And in the next election republicans will take a few seats from the libs, so they will  enjoy the slim advantage, while it really doesn't matter. Keep crying about the money , but remember that the money didn't cast a single vote in the recall. Since when is an election with people casting votes, not  a democracy in action,. or is it only democracy when the libs win , and when another outcome occurs that must be a fluke, heh? You are right, Barrett was not a great opponent, but he was the best that the libs had.