Whadda ya call it when you keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

3 posts / 0 new

whaddaya call it when you keep doing the same thing over and

by harry ashburn » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Whadda ya call it when you keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?
deja vu all over again,, another "Image Austin" study releas

I just sent this to KXAN, local NBC affiliate, about their article on : "Image Austin" , another in an endless series of studies on "Austin's future". If you search city mgr, asst. city mgr. offices, planning dept and HHS offices, city archives, you will find at least a dozen such studies stretching back 40 years. I used to work for the city. Every time, we got a new mayor, city mgr or asst. city mgr, a new study would be ordered. it would take 2 years, thousands of dollars, take up the time of many poor city staff and city contractors. IT would determine that we need more resources, some from (shudder) the private sector. That was, of course, the poison pill. The study would be put on the shelf, where it still resides to this day. Go look. i dare ya.
Hope you're not allergic to dust and redundancy! thanx!

..gezundheit!

harry ashburn's picture
harry ashburn

Comments

Voting?

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

An American election, cuz Americans are too thick to ever consider 3rd parties that would ever get the real reform needed.

antikakistocrat's picture
antikakistocrat

Currently Chatting

Keystone would be way worse than we thought!

We already know that the Keystone XL pipeline is a disaster waiting to happen. But, it turns out that the impact of that tar sands pipeline could be even worse than we thought. According to a new study by the Stockholm Environmental Institute, Keystone could add four times more carbon pollution to our atmosphere than the State Department originally estimated.