Change the playing field! LETS VOTE GREEN!

8 posts / 0 new

Just for fun I took the quiz at the following website to see who I matched up with for president. According to the answers I gave and my candidate was Dr. Jill Stein the GREEN PARTY CANDIDATE! I matched 97% to her. 78% to President Obama. Of California voters on environmental, domestic policy, science and social issues I voted with 92%. Across America I am with 78% of the voters. Imagine that! We have enough time to get the GREEN vote out! WHAT DO YOU THINK? Shouldn't we look into it? Give me your thoughts! Here is something from her website.

Dr. Stein won the nomination with 193.5 out of 294 delegate votes, defeating Roseanne Barr who received 72 votes, and Kent Mesplay who received 17. She said in her acceptance speech: “Voting for either Wall Street candidate - Romney or Obama - just gives a mandate for four more years of corporate rule. Every vote we receive is a vote for democracy, for the 99%, and for the survival of the planet.”

As part of the Green challenge to Wall Street hegemony, candidate Stein is calling for Romney to “clarify his role in Bain’s 1999-2001 raid on American businesses, when Bain was intensively shredding American jobs.”

Here is the link so you can see who you are matched up with. > http://www.isidewith.com/

Thanks to DdC for posting it originally! And here is a link to Jill Stein for President website http://www.jillstein.org/

What do you think so far??

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

Comments

I have reregistered as an Independent voter and I will be voting for the Green candidate for president. I have no illusions about her winning, but we as a nation must start to make decisions that will bare fruit in the coming years, hopefully. I have been voting for the Democrat candidate for president since I was 21. Obama promised us change and a new beginning in Washington. It never even began to materialize and he has promoted everything he said he would change. He has even taken away some of the civil rights we had.....We as citizens can now be labeled as a terrorist and be locked up without representation or a hearing. All this in the name of a safer America. B.S. It is just another way he has promoted a police state for the average American, while doing everything he can to protect corporate profits for the wealthiest Americans. Stand up for a new beginning for the American working class. VOTE FOR A THIRD PARTY CANDIDATE OF YOUR CHOICE.....

ken ware's picture
ken ware

I am reading the "Green New Deal" right now. (Just took a break) and i have watched a couple of videos of her and her running mate. What do you think of her running mate? I do wish her running mate projected more strength. She may be qualified and strong but she is not comming across that way (at least to me) and that could hurt Jill. Did you check out the quiz to see who you matched up with? It's pretty cool and doesn't take long. The results are truely interesting. Let me know if you do who you end up with as a match for president.

MrsBJLee's picture
MrsBJLee

To be honest I think you are throwing your vote away. If you want your vote to be effective you would be better off pushing more green centered candidates in the primaries of the major parties.

WorkerBee's picture
WorkerBee
Quote ken ware:

I have reregistered as an Independent voter and I will be voting for the Green candidate for president. I have no illusions about her winning, but we as a nation must start to make decisions that will bare fruit in the coming years, hopefully. I have been voting for the Democrat candidate for president since I was 21. Obama promised us change and a new beginning in Washington. It never even began to materialize and he has promoted everything he said he would change. He has even taken away some of the civil rights we had.....We as citizens can now be labeled as a terrorist and be locked up without representation or a hearing. All this in the name of a safer America. B.S. It is just another way he has promoted a police state for the average American, while doing everything he can to protect corporate profits for the wealthiest Americans. Stand up for a new beginning for the American working class. VOTE FOR A THIRD PARTY CANDIDATE OF YOUR CHOICE.....

Absolutely true, Ken. Obama has done exactly as you said. Romney is a blatant corporate whore. Poor America!

dhavid

You fools are losing what's left of your faculties, dissuaded from voting for Obama, the man who saved this Country from fascism.

Dissuaded by spies and people misinformed by spies, jumping ship like rats.

The right wing fascists in America are laughing at how easy it is to control your minds.

I thought the manchurian voters on the right were the problem, but you misinformed people on the left are going to seal this Country's fate, again.

The only people in America who know what they are talking about are the ones lying to you.

Nader sealed our fate to Bush, now you want to make the same stupid mistake again.

anonymous green

I'd say the jury is still out on Obama's success in saving us from the fascists, AG.

This quiz put Jill stein at the top of my list and Romney at the bottom. If Romney is the worst possible fascist-friendly candidate in the race, I'd say a vote for the most likely to defeat him (Obama) is a far better choice than voting for someone more to my ideological liking (Stein) who would increase the chances of the fascists getting their best option (Romney).

Sorry Jill, the threat of Romney is more than enough to keep me from going Green just yet.

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood

Two stories about the value of voting Green:

In the 1990's a large number of San Francisco neighborhood activists went Green in protest over local Democratic Party corruption, and as a result took over the Board of Supervisors. After 2000 they returned to the Democrats, but from a position of incumbency. The result was almost a generation of honest government. (interesting - term limits were essential in allowing the Greens to overcome corrupt incumbents, but most would still be in office if it weren't for term limits)

This is admittedly an idiosyncratic analysis: In 2000 Al Gore a) was not a strong campaigner, saddled with public memories of NAFTA and a deep recession "the dot com bust", and b) did not have the courage to take on what is now corporatism. Meanwhile GWB was very successfully hiding the depth of his fascism. In short, Gore actually had little chance of winning. Then Ralph Nader came along and said, "Vote for me - if the Greens get 10% of the vote we will get campaign financing funds to use to support reform movements like we did in San Francisco." Unlike a Gore Presidency, local Green candidates were a serious threat - thus a massive media campaign claiming that the the election was "close" and that votes for Nader might decide the election. In fact they did - by claiming the election was close enough Democratic voters who would have bypassed a lost cause went to the polls and Al Gore actually won. (but the Greens came up 1% short and did not get their funds; instead they were blamed for Bush v. Gore))

In my mind it was a valid position in 2000 to say that support for the Green Party was more important in the long run than a Gore Presidency - unfortunately GWB ultimately proved that to not to be the case, and now it is even more so in 2012.

doh1304's picture
doh1304

Currently Chatting

Largest Climate March Ever!

On Sunday, the world's largest climate march took over New York City. In addition to the 400,000 people who showed up to demand change in the Big Apple, hundreds of thousands more joined events in at least 156 counties. From London to Rio to Melbourne to New York, people around the world joined together to demand action on climate change.