Did You EVER Wonder Why They're Called "The Projects"?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fletcher Christian
Fletcher Christian's picture

When I was a kid, I distinctly remember a "crazy" person handing out newspapers on the corner and SCREAMING, "DO YOU EVER WONDER WHY THEY'RE CALLED THE PROJECTS!?!...  IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE "EXPERIMENTING" ON US!"

As most things that I have learned in my life... what I thought was "crazy" is SPOT ON correct.

I just read about the Rockefeller funded "social experiments" that took place right next door to my home town, South Side Chicago.  (I'm from Gary, IN)  These documents have finally hit the light of day.  The programs described went on from 1952 - 1965.  Even researched and carried out through "loving" grants by the University of Chicago.  Such a "warm" bunch of scientific elites.

These "mind ops" were carried out by the local newspaper, "The Defender" and by PAID hacks to supposedly offer "sound" medical advice.  Stuff like, "Well, if you continue with that pregnancy... it could kill you.  So you better have an abortion to be safe."  Stuff like that.

So... THEY break up the family unit.  In the 1950's something like 9 out of 10 children born to black folks were MARRIED.  Now... after all of the "help" from social engineering, 9 out of 10 children born are to SINGLE mothers.  Also, it's like HALF of all black pregnancies are aborted.

WAY TO GO!  How about a round of applause for the WELFARE STATE!  (I am OF COURSE... disgustingly being sarcastic.)

Does it get any lower than this?  PURPOSEFULLY give poor people NO CHANCE at education.  PURPOSEFULLY pay folks to NOT get married and then give them "bonuses" for each child they have... unwed.  PURPOSEFULLY ship JOBS out of reach.  Then... THEN BLAME THE POOR FOR OUR "problems"!!!

------------- WARNING... a 4 letter word is on the way... ----------------

FUCK THEM!!!  HOW DO THEY SLEEP AT NIGHT!?!  MURDEROUS, DISGUSTING, FAT, HIDEOUS, DEBAUCHERY, PARANOID, SOCIOPATHIC, IN BRED, STUFF UNDER DEAD PEOPLE'S FINGERNAILS, SCUM!

-------------  OK... I had to get that off my chest.

Man!  These are only the things that we "know" about.  Imagine what's went on since then.  It boggles the mind and numbs the soul.

I am ASHAMED of the way that I was raised to think about "hippies" and folks that who were "anti-war".

Looks like I can add another "guy" on my list that I thought was "crazy" and it turns out that I, through a TOTAL lack of knowledge, that "I" was the one who was in the dark and crazy.

I owe that cat on the corner a "mental apology".

I am sorry.

Comments

Laborisgood
Laborisgood's picture
Whether or not the ill intent

Whether or not the ill intent was designed into them, the failed experiments of Robert Taylor Homes, Cabrini Green, Henry Horner Homes and many others are now gone.  Ding dong the witch is dead.  There are many newer, greener, family friendly housing developments being designed and built as we speak.  Praise the Lord!!!

The times they are a changin’

Robindell
Robindell's picture
I was in Chicago last week. 

I was in Chicago last week.  As is always the case, there were any number of people downtown, many of whom were sitting on the ground, holding a cup, asking for a donation.  I took the Brown Line a short distance to the North Side.  A young white man stood by the door and made a speech about his situation to the passengers.  He had tatoos on his arms.  He said that his father is a drunk and threw him out of the house and that he has no money.  He stated that is very embarrassed to have to be asking strangers for help.  His voice cracked when he said that he has nothing, and that he has been surviving on the kindness of strangers.  He concluded by saying that if anyone has any money or food they could spare, he needs the help, and that he was getting off at the next stop. 

As I walked down a busy street which is lined with stores, I passed an older couple on the ground, both holding cups in their hands for spare change.  The situation is never reported on in the local media.  Even progressive hosts don't give realistic descriptions of what urban life is like with financially desperate people.  Chicago has a Department of Human Services, and even though their budget has been cut, I don't quite understand why at least some of these impoverished, homeless people cannot receive at least some help from the city.  If these poor people are disabled, they should be able to get medical help through city clinics and get some income from SSI or Social Security Disability, if they are eligible.  The application process is not easy. 

I was once robbed late at night at knife-point when I parked by the Robert Taylor Homes.  I agree with Laborisgood above that it is a good thing that the high-rise housing projects in Chicago have been torn down, although there are still some older one-story units in existence as far as I know.  The problem is that the former residents in most cases are still concentrated in neighborhoods where there are economic, family, and crime problems.  It has been suggested that some of the crime in the city is related to the demolition of the public housing apartment buildings, but I am not sure if anyone has actually researched that.  The Housing Choice Voucher Program cannot take on very many new clients, and HUD subsidized private apartment complexes usually but not always have waiting lists that last several years.  The federal government cannot do enough to address the housing crisis with the deficit and lack of tax increases.

Many Americans do not even know very much about poverty and homelessness, and many, including many Christians and Jews, don't want to know more.  If you were to throw millions of people onto the streets who now can afford privately owned housing with government assistance, the disruption to society and political unrest would be immeasurable, and that is something that progressive broadcasters like Thom and Democratic politicians should point out.

delete jan in iowa
Nicely put.

Nicely put.

rigel1
rigel1's picture
Fletcher Christian

Fletcher Christian wrote:

In the 1950's something like 9 out of 10 children born to black folks were MARRIED.  Now... after all of the "help" from social engineering, 9 out of 10 children born are to SINGLE mothers.  Also, it's like HALF of all black pregnancies are aborted.

WAY TO GO!  How about a round of applause for the WELFARE STATE!  (I am OF COURSE... disgustingly being sarcastic.)

People can blame racism all they want, but most inner cities are controlled by liberals. With blacks heavily represented. The single biggest destroyer of black lives is the destruction of the black family. If you want blacks to suceed as much as I do then we have to at least must have the guts to acknowledge the root cause. Inner city blacks can increase their chances of getting out of poverty exponentially by the following.

1) Graduate high school.

2) Don't breed carelessly. Don't have dozens of children all with  different last names. Baby daddies are not good daddies. Marry the father of your children. If you simply want to have sex, get a rubber.

3) Get a job. Any job. No work is beneath you.

4) Get off the streets. Nothing good happens after midnight.

5) Stay away from drugs and people who do drugs.

If you do these, it does not guarentee success, but it at least gives you a chance. 

Sadly, there are many on the left (and right) who do not want you to succeed. They want to use you as a political pawn to push their agendas. And they will continue to make excuses for you and try to convince you that nothing is your fault and you have no control of your destiny. Pretty evil stuff.

Robindell
Robindell's picture
Just because you say

Just because you say something is true does not make it true. What kind of sociological or economic scholarly expertise do you have?  None I would guess.

Your attacks on liberals in cities is on a kindergarten level.  There are black doctors, lawyers, M.B.A.'s, etc. who grew up in cities.  A school in Illinois with among the highest test scores in the state is located in Chicago proper.  There is a new type of high school in Chicago that has the majority, in the plus 90% range if I remember, go onto college.  There are also problems in many urban schools.  Without doing extensive research on the subject of education, what you have in essence is an uneducated opinion.

To say that all inner city, minority students don't succeed is racist. 

There are white students, some of whom live in rural districts, and some who are from the South, who either drop out of high school before graduating, or at least who never continue on to college.

The problem is that conservatives are poorly educated individuals.  Just having a middle class or upper middle class job is not the same has being qualified to discuss a highly complex issue such as urban education.   Ph.D.s spend their entire lives studying, reading, and researching topics and issues such as this, and if they don't completely understand all the problems, ramifications, and solutions, then some misinformed person who doesn't have a background in history or education or social work or any other relevant area can only make convenient, largely made-up accusations.  In point of fact, most city politicians are not liberals.  In Chicago, the elections for aldermen are non-partisan, and the school board members and CEO are not declared members of a political party.  In my local county, most of the school districts have elected board members.  When I go to vote, there is no indication that they are either of one party or the other.  Their names are simply listed.  In my state, the state superintendent of education is elected and there are always two candidates when the office has expired, one Democrat, and one Republican.  For years and years, the chief of the education department has been a Republican, and yet urban schools in my state are having problems.  Two schools in two different cities are in the process of being taken over by a for-profit educational corporation.  That could have been done a long time ago, with a Republican state school superintendent, but it wasn't. 

rigel1
rigel1's picture
Robindell wrote: Just because

Robindell wrote:

Just because you say something is true does not make it true. What kind of sociological or economic scholarly expertise do you have?  None I would guess.

Your attacks on liberals in cities is on a kindergarten level.  There are black doctors, lawyers, M.B.A.'s, etc. who grew up in cities. 

To say that all inner city, minority students don't succeed is racist.

First of all. I NEVER said all. Put up or shut up. Where did I say all? Secondly calling me a racist is predictable and pathetic. Is that the best you can do? Take your assumptions and unprovoked insults and shove them up your ass.

So what is your point? I have a good friend who grew up in Detroit. He is black. He has a degree in mechanical engineering and another in law. He father is a preacher and he lived the rules that I listed. So I know it works.

I'm calling your bluff.

Which of the rules that I mention would be make things better if not followed? Which rule and why? You who insist on the status quo are the true racist. I can't stand racists. Your turn.

Fletcher Christian
Rigel1 - Believe me... I

Rigel1 - Believe me... I "get" your point.  I am asking you to try to use the emotion of "empathy" when discussing such a topic, OK?

How would YOUR life be affected if YOU, YOU'RE parents... & YOU'RE Grand parents were under the CONSTANT influence of propaganda encouraging and rewarding you for destroying the family unit.  Then think about YOUR "family tree" literally being owned by someone else's "family tree".  It's not a good feeling.

Think about it... Your CHURCH, your RADIO, your TV, your NEWSPAPER, your OWN local/privately owned NEWSPAPER that's supposed to "inform" you, your BILLBOARD advertisements, your NUTRITION, your WATER supply, your GOVERNMENT, your POLICE, your EDUCATION... EVERY DAMN THING that you see, hear, and touch are driving the message home that the FAMILY is secondary that of the STATE.

It is Damn near a MIRACLE that you do have a friend that has succeeded under those conditions.

What my overall RANT was concerning that there are BAD institutions under the guise of GOOD institutions plotting very bad things.

The so called, "liberal" leaders aren't "liberal" at all.  It's like saying that we have a "liberal media".  Under our corporate control/Fascist media state... being "liberal" isn't possible.

So by that reasoning, The Rockefeller's aren't engaged in liberal activities to "help" poor people.

Laborisgood - You know as well as I do, that there are like 40 shootings in our neck of the woods EVERY weekend.

It is "MY" opinion... That by keeping the "SICK" system in place and then dispersing the criminal element all over the city is a DIRECT manipulation to enforce an ever increasing POLICE state.

By celebrating and praising God for tearing down the "projects"... you are falling victim to the SAME properties of propaganda that ENSLAVED free people in the first place.

The ONLY way to break free from the mind control that we are under... is to at the very least, RECOGNIZE the propaganda WHILE it's happening.

One MAJOR step is to realize that EVERY step of the social breakdown is enacted upon poor folks in poor neighborhoods (usually black) FIRST!  Then... the statistics are broken down, improved upon,  and then rolled out into YOUR neighborhood.

This isn't a conspiracy theory.  Those tanks in STL are not imaginary.

Can you imagine TANKS rolling down the streets of Beverly Hills?

Of course not!  How insane, right!?!

The FACT that the thought of TANKS rolling down the streets of Beverly Hills is comical, is FACT of just how WELL the propaganda has worked.  TANKS are rolling down the streets of STL and chances are... YOU could care less.

I mentioned to a co worker that TANKS are rolling down the streets in STL and his reply was, "They need to do that HERE!"

I do not share his opinion.

Research the "Noble Lie".  Ask yourself "WHY" it is that certain topics make you angry.  Look up "Plato's Cave".  Look up the properties of propaganda so that you can spot it WHILE it's happening.

It's the only way to NOT follow down the path of divide and conquer.  The ONLY way "WE THE PEOPLE" can be defeated is from within.  Don't let it happen.

At the very least, don't let someone piss on your leg and tell you it's raining.

Fletcher Christian
I left ONE thing out of the

I left ONE thing out of the all out PROPAGANDA blitz that we are under... BOOKS!

That's right, the written word is the LONE place where you can find the truth.

That's PRECISELY the reason Rahm Emmanual is in the process of closing down LIBRARIES in Chicago.  I am guessing that you have a local politician doing the SAME thing in your neighborhood.  The political identification doesn't matter because... IT DOES NOT EXIST!

It's all done under the current guise of, "Oh!  We can't afford to keep them open.  You know, the "financial crisis"."

BULL SHIT!

We don't have a "financial crisis" if we can afford to overthrow Governments around the world through military force.  That Shit's expensive.

The LIBRARY and the INTERNET are our last freedoms.  That is precisely why they are currently under attack.

ANYONE that backs the narrowing scope of our information gathering does not deserve your vote.

So don't give it to them.

They will go ahead and steal elections.  But don't feel helpless.  The more you "bark"... the further away they go.

The only reason that we're not to the realm of "A Brave New World" is because of cool people who had a loud bark.

woof

Laborisgood
Laborisgood's picture
Fletcher Christian

Fletcher Christian wrote:

Laborisgood - You know as well as I do, that there are like 40 shootings in our neck of the woods EVERY weekend.

I don't recall claiming that shootings in Chicago have declined since the high rise projects have been torn down.  Don't worry, I won't demand an apology or demand that you are banned for putting words in my mouth.

So tell us more about this sinister liberal plot that built these high rise projects.  Is it possible that a supposed good idea didn't pan out?  Not everything is a diabolical conspiracy.

scriber1
scriber1's picture
rigel1 wrote: People can

rigel1 wrote:

People can blame racism all they want, but most inner cities are controlled by liberals. With blacks heavily represented. The single biggest destroyer of black lives is the destruction of the black family. If you want blacks to suceed as much as I do then we have to at least must have the guts to acknowledge the root cause. Inner city blacks can increase their chances of getting out of poverty exponentially by the following.

1) Graduate high school.

2) Don't breed carelessly. Don't have dozens of children all with  different last names. Baby daddies are not good daddies. Marry the father of your children. If you simply want to have sex, get a rubber.

3) Get a job. Any job. No work is beneath you.

4) Get off the streets. Nothing good happens after midnight.

5) Stay away from drugs and people who do drugs.

If you do these, it does not guarentee success, but it at least gives you a chance. 

Sadly, there are many on the left (and right) who do not want you to succeed. They want to use you as a political pawn to push their agendas. And they will continue to make excuses for you and try to convince you that nothing is your fault and you have no control of your destiny. Pretty evil stuff.

Rigel:

Your post is paternalistic, racist, and offensive. "Don't breed carelessly. Don't have dozens of children all with different last names. Baby daddies are not good daddies. Marry the father of your children. If you simply want to have sex, get a rubber."

Firstly, horses breed. Human beings procreate. Secondly, unwanted pregnancies, teen pregnancies, and sex education classes advocating more than abstinence only, are good reasons for organizations like planned parenthood, which the right vilifies. Also, not every black teen female is a teen mom or sexually active.

"3) Get a job. Any job. No work is beneath you."

This statement assumes that African Americans are lazy and don’t want to work.  Unemployment for African Americans is approximately 14.5% compared to approximately 8% for Whites and 11% for Latinos.  It’s not that African Americans don’t want to work which is what your statement implies, work is more difficult to come by.  For youth, the rate is approximately 41%.  And before you go talk about education and qualifications, these statistics are for workers with the same level of qualifications.  In fact, African Americans are often more qualified for a position than their white counterparts.  By the way, people who make statements like this would be horrified if they were told they had to clean toilets for a living.

"4) Get off the streets. Nothing good happens after midnight."

A good reason for afterschool programs which the right wing consistently cuts and sees no use for.  Also a good reason for neighborhood parks and recreation centers which are being budget cut from existence.

Finally, you have made posts very much like this before.  You are either naive or you really believe that the problems of African Americans have no connection to historical racism or you are a racist.  America enjoyed the fruits of free African American labor for approximately 300 years and cheap labor under Jim Crow and segregation for another 100 years.The end of slavery, black people were just declared free.  There was no severance pay for generations of free labor, no property given, and no compensation of any kind.  Meanwhile, their white counter parts were able to vote, own property, and earn and acrue money.  During Jim Crow, African Americans in numerous cases were not allowed to vote, wages were grossly unequal and opportunities for employment were limited.  So where is the equal footing?  People are affected by their history. African Americans are not the only victims of this history.  Racists who have enjoyed the benefits are also victims when they cannot put into historical perspective their privilege gained through others’ oppression.  Their humanity suffers. The thing to do is to move forward.  We need to invest in our schools, and community institutions as a start.  The problems of poverty are complex, and when you add race to the equation, the issue is becomes even more convoluted.  There is no simple answer to poverty.  But blaming and vilifying the victim as your argument does, does not add to the solution of this very complicated issue.

Fletcher Christian
Laborisgood - Don't play

Laborisgood - Don't play "cutesy"... it doesn't fit you.  OK?  Leave that to the realm of the people who really do like "playing cutesy".

I never said, that you said... shootings are down.

You made a connection that the removal of high rise projects was a "good: thing.  My reply was how can that be a "good" thing if nothing "good" came from it?  It's not a "step" in the right direction.  It's merely putting a band aid on a cancer.

The 1952-1965 "Social Experiments" are not a "theory".  Look them up.  It's not a "theory" who funded them.  It's not a "theory" who implemented them.

It's also not a "theory" on what the effects of that "Social Experiment" has had on our neck of the woods.

It's diabolical.  It's evil and twisted.

It's one thing to buy into the RACIAL angle through some sort of ignorance... it's another to ignore FACTS because they don't make you feel like "Praising the Lord".

My point is... it doesn't matter WHAT the racial component of the oppressed is.  In this case, it is almost completely black.  But, it doesn't matter.  This SAME experiment could take place in the hills of Western Kentucky and it would yield the SAME results.  The point is... FIRST it's rolled out onto the POOR... then it's number crunched, and then rolled out onto the next rung on the social ladder.

One thing is for certain... this experiment was not done to HELP anyone other than the VERY elite at the top.

What did Big Daddy Rockefeller once say, "COMPETITION is a SIN!"  That doesn't sound like someone who believes in a "free market".  That doesn't sound like someone who wants to increase the middle class.  That sounds like someone Hell Bent on making every single human being, other than his family tree... a non factor.  Look it up.

What EVERYONE should focus on is THE EXPERIMENT, itself and the sick sumbitch's that executed it.

Look it up.  THEN... comment on it.  Be informed.  What's the worse that could happen?  You could end up "awake"?  It's better to KNOW than not to know.  It does get a bit taxing dealing with people that think the way that I used to think... but as long as they are PURE about their naivety, it's cool.  They're worth it.  It's the Joker's like Phaedrus76 who are paid political hacks pushing talking point agenda's that truly work the nerves and try men's souls.

Even then, exposing them is worth it.

Look it up.  It's worth it.

Laborisgood
Laborisgood's picture
Imagine my surprise when my

Imagine my surprise when my research on Rockefeller social experiments led me to prisonplanet and the like.  It's clear where you graze for your fodder Fletch.  However, I did learn that JD Rockefeller funded Nazi scientists.  Equating the Rockefellers to liberalism is a bit of a stretch.  All wealthy donors claim to be doing good things when they are giving away their money and sometimes they actually are.  Jay Rockefeller is the only one in the clan who you could possibly paint as a liberal.  I still stand by my original statement that removing the high rise projects in Chicago is a good thing and there are better alternatives already built and more in the works.  I would say that you need to be less vague with your big bold statements Fletch, but as it turns out they are actually quite obvious underneath that feigned veneer you present it with.