How much is it costing these 1% republican governors to purge the few voters? Are republicans intentionally bankrupting gov.

11 posts / 0 new

Only the 1% can (control the message) make the smaller voter fraud issue, bigger than the larger election fraud issue. They getting three birds with one stone, #1 stealing individual votes #2 stealing votes thru the computers #3 bankrupting government(the 99% best defense againt the 1%) We need to take the 1%/representatives big lies and hang it around their necks! "The 1% Hate Democracy,They Steal Elections"!

tayl44's picture
tayl44

Comments

I don't even know the mechanics of purging voter rolls.

I suppose, if Florida doesn't allow felons to vote, and if Florida prisons require a released inmate to give an address upon release, and then if this Mr. Thom Dickin Harry, Jr., at 32 Elm Street shows up on a voter roll with the exact same name and address, I guess that could be purged.

chilidog

YeaH it's not the fraud and abuse of entitlemeit'souts those voter purges.

Commonsense461
Quote Commonsense461:

Common sense would dictate that even you can see that you said absolutely nothing in this supposed 'last word' on the issue.

anonymous green

I say: one beating heart should equal one vote. In a true democracy, no one should be disinfranchised of either their right to vote, or their right to breath free air. Everyone who is free to walk the streets and spend money here should have the right to participate in the way they are governed and the way laws are written to control each and every aspect of their lives. Each felon has served his or her time, been granted freedom from his "correctional" institution, or probation, and is expected to reintegrate into society, shouldn't he or she be allowed the basic right to vote in a true democracy? Or are we degenerating into a democracy for and by the privleged class?

Sacramento Dave's picture
Sacramento Dave

Republicans do know how to do this. Students change residential address fairly often. Women may change their names when married or divorced. How one uses one's name may change as well, like do you have a middle name, initial or nickname? When do you use abbreviations?

Then there is the caging where letters are sent out telling the recipients that they have a period of time to confirm that they are who they are. If anything comes back, the person is erased even if they missed the mail or thought it was junk. Service people abroad may have their right to vote challenged, and not know it.

I think felons who have done their time ought to be encouraged to participate in politics along with the rest of society. This is a stupid and counter-productive policy that states like Florida can be counted on to have.

drc2

Apparently Florida has claimed that they have discovered 100(!) persons illegally registered to vote. I have to believe that it they had done caging, it would have been a lot more than 100. So how exactly did they discover this 100?

I know 100 is a miniscule number, I'm genuinely interested in the mechanics. Of course it seems to be an enormous waste of taxpayer resources.

chilidog

I think most posts understand the point of the thread is "voter fraud" is a strawman to hide the real crime of "Election fraud"? Besides the other things mention,bankrupting the government can be a bigger issue!

tayl44's picture
tayl44
Quote anonymous green:
Quote Commonsense461:

Common sense would dictate that even you can see that you said absolutely nothing in this supposed 'last word' on the issue.

CS is the return of CC... the 13 year old who pretended he was a 22 year old college student. What did you expect? Something profound? ROTF

Pierpont's picture
Pierpont

Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements database.

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-election-officials-access-citizen-database...

That sounds more like a list of non-citizens who are here legally.

According to the GOP, the government can't do anything right, but this database is 100%, right?

So if there is a Juan Rodrigo JImenez de Hernandez on that list. I'm guessing every Juan Jimenez and every Juan Hernandez gets purged off Florida's rolls.

chilidog
So if there is a Juan Rodrigo JImenez de Hernandez on that list. I'm guessing every Juan Jimenez and every Juan Hernandez gets purged off Florida's rolls.
That's how they did it in 2000. They contracted a TX company to handle it. They also deny absentee ballots. I just found out in requesting mine for this election that my 2008 ballot was returned, and not counted. So in 2000 my vote was denied, in 2008 my vote was denied, for 2012 in my request to county board of election supervisors I put a memo that I'm still voting in spite of gov Scott's effforts.

I may have to change by registration to republican to get my vote to count. Kind of pathetic for a country that claims to be a democracy. We have voting on weekends, both sun and sat, so that voting is easy. Problem for the US is that it gets people what they actually want if you allow them to vote, and can't have that! The nail ladies and the students just don't understand the system.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Currently Chatting

A Warren Run Would Change Everything

Over the past few weeks, Elizabeth Warren has emerged as a leader of progressives on Capitol Hill. She led the charge against the part of the CRomnibus that gutted our financial regulations, and she is still fighting the White House over its nomination of bankster Antonio Weiss as Undersecretary of Domestic Finance in the Treasury Department.