Satan, satan, satan

19 posts / 0 new

Pat Robertson Demon Hunter Pat's greatest hits on Satan. Yoga? demonic, Martial arts? when you do breathing exercise in prep you're inhaling demons. Horoscopes are demonic, and if you read them you're opening the door to the occult. America is number one in the world for believing in angels, and Lucifer was an angel so I guess it should be no surprise that Pat has believers. Maybe fox viewers can pause a Pat broadcast so the TV image will protect them while they sleep. Buddha pictures have demonic powers, and Buddha statues do, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1fVeGRdn-A

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Comments

And you care why? Do you believe in all Muslim, Hindu, Jewish Shinto, Buddist or Scientology dogma? I'm guessing you don't.

Why do you care about someone else's faith? It's his business. It's not up to you to set him straight.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Libs care because they have to kill off faith that way government is the higher power. This makes government the giver of rights not god. That way you look to government for guidence not god.

workingman's picture
workingman

Pat Robertson does not sell faith, he is in the finger pointing business. Hate, bigotry, exclusion and condemnation are the tools of his trade. Looking for change within yourself as a path to the Kingdom is far more fruitful than pointing out the changes required of others. Some other TV preachers may be financially successful like Pat, but do not play the judgement card like Mr. Robertson:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._D._Jakes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyce_Meyer

We are all by nature sinful, but some people prefer to fixate on the speck in another's eye while disregarding the plank in their own. Pat is a stalwart example in the New Testament tradition ..... unfortunately, he acts more like a Pharisee than the Christian he claims to be.

Thanks Douglas for shining a much needed light on the "demonic" actions of a hypocrite like Pat Robertson. We should all be so bold as to follow in Jesus' footsteps by condemning the condemners. (I think I borrowed "condemn the condemners" from Polycarp ..... thanks Poly).

Laborisgood's picture
Laborisgood
Quote rigel1:

And you care why? Do you believe in all Muslim, Hindu, Jewish Shinto, Buddist or Scientology dogma? I'm guessing you don't.

Why do you care about someone else's faith? It's his business. It's not up to you to set him straight.

I don't care about anyone's faith as long as it's their personal dogma. It's when they start pushing their dogma onto everyone else and demanding that everyone else believe as they do or face the consequences that it all goes to sheet. There are millions who have been killed due to various dogmas around the world but hey, why should we care about someone else's faith.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker

I don't care what other people think. Defenders of idiotic statements and beliefs do show themselves to be just as pathetic though. How many defended Joe McCarthy? The same number that defend the Reagan genocide in Guatemala? Or defended the slaughter of Priests and Nuns in Salvador? I don't care if you want to follow jim jones, or buy into cults like heavens gate. I posted it the same way I post comedy channel links, it is hysterical, and you defenders are just as ridiculus. I bet you don't step on cracks in the sidewallk either, or walk under ladders.

Christian Science parents that deny their kids insulun IS criminal, and the state has the right and duty to remove kids from such deadly environmments. However, they usually only do so after innocent children die.

Jehovah's witness kill kids, too. Frauds of the clergy points out they are not new. You may've heard of the author.

By helping out religious extremists, Frist's corporate fascists will have much greater power to put into place judges who won't overturn laws that deny the working class access to bankruptcy courts, the right to sue as a class when harmed, and will give multinational corporations the freedom to import, pollute, and profit at the expense of small businesses and communities. They'll get judges who will outlaw birth control at the same time they outlaw unions and the minimum wage.

It's nothing new, really. Most recently, the Saudi royal family made a similar deal with their religious conservatives. The oil barons gave the fundamentalists the power to enforce their religious agenda, stacking the courts with fundamentalist judges, who in turn acted as enforcers to preserve the oil barons' political and economic power.

It worked for two generations, until the fundamentalists became so powerful that they decided the oil money should be theirs. The religious movement to take control of Saudi Arabia's wealth was led by none other than Osama Bin Laden, who suggested that oil should sell for $200 a barrel, with the proceeds subsidizing evangelism around the world.

The House of Saud was appalled and threw him out of the country, so he went back to Afghanistan and hooked up with the Taliban, men after his own heart, and decided to take on the power that he felt was propping up the royal family - America.

Thus the ultimate irony, that a radical Catholic speaker at Sunday's telecast would complain that his bunch was perceived by many as "America's Taliban." All while George W. Bush had moved over a billion taxpayer dollars to churches through his "faith based programs," and fundamentalists avoided paying billions in taxes by promising to stay out of politics.

As Jefferson said in a June 5, 1824 letter to Major John Cartwright, "What a conspiracy this, between Church and State!"

Frauds of the clergy in the Middle East brought us 9/11, an explosion of Muslim conservativism, and a fourfold spike in terrorist incidents worldwide, while enriching the Saudi oil and Afghan heroin industries, and helping George W. Bush lead the world to the brink of war.

The merger of corporatist Republicans and the new "frauds of the clergy" could bring this nation to an even more terrible crossroad, unless Americans of good conscience contact their members of the Senate to support Jefferson's and Madison's ideal of democracy.

Defenders of American Taliban don't even hide their support anymore, they espouse it openly on message boards.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Guys like Pat Robertson deserve to get "ripped" on.

"Rip" on me!

"Rip" on anybody you want.

"Rip" on Buddha.

"Rip" on Jesus.

"Rip" on sacred cows.

"Rip" on the government.

"Rip" on Wal Mart.

"Rip" on the meek and humble.

"Rip" on people who "rip" on people.

"Rip" on polar bears.

"Rip" on Rip Taylor!

If you think that somebody says something stupid, does something stupid... call them out on it.

It's certainly you're opinion. So go ahead and put your opinions out there and compare them to other peoples opinions. We all have them.

You have a RIGHT to do so!

rigel1 - I am noticing that YOU are engaging in DOUBLE THINK at an alarming rate! You call out douglaslee to "set him straight" for calling out Pat Robertson and "setting him straight".

Who are you to say, "Who are you?"?

POT, meet the KETTLE.

Plus, we all know that "I" am the arbiter of all things "cool"... not YOU! That's MY job!

You're the arbiter of all things "MANLY". (I just laughed and "snorted"!)

Oh yeah... I am also the arbiter of all things that other people are the arbiter's of... as if you didn't know!

Fletcher Christian > ALL OF YOU!

See! I wrote it, so it must be true. I wouldn't have an opinion that's "wrong", would I?

"Rip" away, children! "Rip" away!

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian
Quote Bush_Wacker:
Quote rigel1:

I don't care about anyone's faith as long as it's their personal dogma. It's when they start pushing their dogma onto everyone else and demanding that everyone else believe as they do or face the consequences that it all goes to sheet. There are millions who have been killed due to various dogmas around the world but hey, why should we care about someone else's faith.

I am NOT threatened by any demand made by Pat Robertson. I am free to tell him to get lost. And so are you. I don't subscribe to his beliefs so he has absolutley no influence on me. What do you want? Do you want him to be banned from "pushing" his dogma? Who gets to decide what is legit or not? You? Me? Government? Who's call is it? Obama is free to push his agenda but a private citizen is not? What a crappy world that would be. If you disagree with Robertson, wouldn't it be better to simply change the channel or choose a different preacher or religion? Or choose no religion at all? This is not an Islamic state. Nobody is forcing any religion on you. You are not being threatened with death or imprisonment. If people choose to follow Pat Robertson, that is entirely their business. Their choice. Who are we to decide what religion if any, they should follow? I couldn't care less if someone follows Pat Robertson or Pat Sajak.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Since you mentioned Pat Sajak...

Spin the WHEEL and MAKE THE DEAL! TWO MEN ENTER... ONE MAN LEAVES!

Master Blaster, Master Blaster, MASTER BLASTER!!!

(Whoa! I'm mixing up my genres! Where was I...)

Oh yeah!... Here we go!

"R S T L N & E" have been chosen for you.

"E _ _ _ S E"

Anyone care to solve the puzzle?

The "prize" is knowing WHY should someone call out Bull Shit when they see it!

EEERRRRRRRRRRRNT!!!! (That's my buzzer sound!)

Time's up.

The answer is: "EXPOSE"

Expose them to keep them honest and to keep others from being misled. We should "try" to, anyways.

Now pardon me as I make out with Vanna White off stage... Hail to the KING, baby!

Fletcher Christian's picture
Fletcher Christian
Quote rigel1:
Quote Bush_Wacker:
Quote rigel1:

I am NOT threatened by any demand made by Pat Robertson. I am free to tell him to get lost. And so are you. I don't subscribe to his beliefs so he has absolutley no influence on me. What do you want? Do you want him to be banned from "pushing" his dogma? Who gets to decide what is legit or not? You? Me? Government? Who's call is it? Obama is free to push his agenda but a private citizen is not? What a crappy world that would be. If you disagree with Robertson, wouldn't it be better to simply change the channel or choose a different preacher or religion? Or choose no religion at all? This is not an Islamic state. Nobody is forcing any religion on you. You are not being threatened with death or imprisonment. If people choose to follow Pat Robertson, that is entirely their business. Their choice. Who are we to decide what religion if any, they should follow? I couldn't care less if someone follows Pat Robertson or Pat Sajak.

You couldn't care less rigel until he puts together a large group of "believers" and they come to your house and string you up because you aren't a "believer". That's what I'm getting at. Fanatical groups can be very dangerous to any society.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
Quote Bush_Wacker:
Quote rigel1:
Quote Bush_Wacker:
Quote rigel1:

You couldn't care less rigel until he puts together a large group of "believers" and they come to your house and string you up because you aren't a "believer". That's what I'm getting at. Fanatical groups can be very dangerous to any society.

What you describe does not happen amoung Christians, Jews, Buddists, Shintos,or Hindus. It happens with Muslims. In countries with Sharia law. We are free to practice any religion or no religion. But liberals usually target Christians whenever they condemn religion. The others get a pass or have excuses made for them. Christians are not "stringing up" anybody. Christianity was founded on free will. It is impossible to convert anyone by force.

Besides, if anyone tried to string me up, they would be shot.

rigel1's picture
rigel1
Quote rigel1:
Quote Bush_Wacker:
Quote rigel1:
Quote Bush_Wacker:
Quote rigel1:

What you describe does not happen amoung Christian, Jewish, Buddists, Shintos,or Hindus. It happens with Muslims. In countries with Sharia law. We are free to practice any religion or no religion. But liberals usually target Christians whenever they condemn religion. The others get a pass or have excuses made for them. Christians are not "stringing up" anybody. Christianity was founded on free will. It is impossible to convert anyone by force.

Besides, if anyone tried to string me up, they would be shot.

You have never heard of the Inquisition? or the Salem witch trials? or Reverend Moon? or the literally thousands of others who have sought to destroy non believers? I don't recall any of the above being muslims.

The Christian Bible itself condemns non believers to death in the fiery pits of hell and in many cases defends the killing of non believers and sinners. I'm not talking about the made up new version either.

Bush_Wacker's picture
Bush_Wacker
There are millions who have been killed due to various dogmas around the world but hey, why should we care about someone else's faith.
Quote rigel1:What you describe does not happen amoung Christians, Jews.....

Hold it, man. What history books have you been reading? Or do you just read the Bible? Have you ever read the Old Testament? It's pretty much all war and killing and raping for the glory of God. It's how they established their crazy cults as "real" religions in the first place.

Throughout history we've seen the Auto-da-fe, the Inquistions, the Crusades, witch burnings, racist Southern lynchings, bombings of abortion clinics, etc. etc. etc. etc.

JTaylor's picture
JTaylor
Quote JTaylor:
There are millions who have been killed due to various dogmas around the world but hey, why should we care about someone else's faith.
Quote rigel1:What you describe does not happen amoung Christians, Jews.....

Hold it, man. What history books have you been reading? Or do you just read the Bible? Have you ever read the Old Testament? It's pretty much all war and killing and raping for the glory of God. It's how they established their crazy cults as "real" religions in the first place.

Throughout history we've seen the Auto-da-fe, the Inquistions, the Crusades, witch burnings, racist Southern lynchings, bombings of abortion clinics, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Do you call your German friends Nazi's? Well why not? What history books have YOU been reading? I am a Christian and I have never participated in a crusade. I'm living in the present. What I describe is EXACTLY true. Christians offer no organized threat. Pat Robertson is not coming to get anybody against their will. People of every religion commit crimes. Christians are among the least violent people on Earth. And they are by far the most compassionate and giving. Chrtistians were everywhere in Haiti after the earthquake. Where were the Muslims and Hindu's? Get out of your time machine. There are no witch burnings, crusades or lynchings.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

George W. Bush called the war a "crusade". "This crusade, this war on terrorism, is going to take awhile." George W. Bush is a Christian, who started what he called a "crusade" against Muslim nations.

Americans like you didn't understand the historical connotations of this imbecilic remark, but every Muslim did.

JTaylor's picture
JTaylor

Pat Robertson is not a good example of a Christian. So, I wouldn't hold him up as the posterboy for it, even if he claims to be one.

Point though is that a nation has to have a collective belief/value structure in place for society to work. If it's a mish-mosh of all kinds of religeons, then the nation will not be focused, and will have a hard time functioning. We are a nation in crisis for an identity due to the shift from christianity to secular humanism as we try to accomadate cultures from around the world.

TChamp3121's picture
TChamp3121

W's crusade killed about a million, and each of those million have survivng family members that might view Robertson and the late Falwell as standard bearers of their respective religions, the same as Khomeini was the standard bearer of Islam in the eyes of the ignorant. Some Americans killed Sikhs, American Sikhs, after 9/11 due to the same ignorance. Ridicule is the best antidote to ignorance, since that particular ignorance cannot be eliminated through education. That was the whole point of the op.

The same ignorance that killed the Sikhs, and the million muslims, and is practiced by that great Christian organization the kkk, kept the YCMA* facility from being built in NY. The center was based on the Sufi sect, the most peaceful wing of the 3 Abrahamic religions. It's purpose was to educate and bridge the cultural divide between all faiths. It was also seeking to spread it's model of peaceful commonality.

* Young Citizen Muslim Association

That Which Transpires Behind That Which Appears is some Sufi exercises. Rumi has a lot of wisdom, too if you can read it before it gets burned by the peaceful Christians, like the baptists harrassing military funerals.

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee
Quote TChamp3121:

Pat Robertson is not a good example of a Christian. So, I wouldn't hold him up as the posterboy for it, even if he claims to be one.

Maybe not, but I try to resist the temptation to judge the spirit of my fellow man. God did not put me on Earth to do this. He can handle that part all by himself.

On the other hand we occasionall see some really evil stuff that we should not remain silent on. The Westboro Baptist Church comes to mind. You know the "God hates Fags." group. Rarely has such a small group of demons been able to inflict such pain.

Real Christians don't feel the need to try to speak for God. He does not need our help. Most of us have never been done wrong by any gay person. We don't hate them, we don't want them beheaded as many Muslims clearly do. I can honestly say, I have never met a gay person I did not like.

rigel1's picture
rigel1

Good reason to accept the revelation of the Holy Spirit instead of the teaching authority of your church or your tainted hermeneutics, (way of interpreting Scripture). When you meet "the Gentile who fulfills the Law without knowing it," you recognize Jesus again. Trust the light from your gay friends.

I find your dismissal of a dismal history of American lynching sad. Of course religion has been used by Christians to oppress and kill other human beings in America. It is still going on. Pat Robertson dealt in "blood diamonds" under cover of Christian mission. He is a blaspheming, heretical demon-possessed force of evil. He is also a miserable excuse for a human being.

Christians need to stand up against the New Rome when they are not the oppressed people of a subject state. What might have been true for NT Christians as aliens in Rome's world is not appropriate for bearers of civil power in this New Rome.

drc2

Currently Chatting

Who Should an Economy Serve?

The top one percent own half of all the world's assets. In stark contrast, the bottom fifty percent of the world owns less than one percent. According to the 2014 Global Wealth Report from Credit Suisse, global inequality has surged since the 2008 financial collapse. The report explains that while global wealth has more than doubled since the year 2000, the vast majority of overall growth has gone to those who were already wealthy.