Believe What I Say, Not what I Have Done!

3 posts / 0 new

Mitt Romney said last night in Colorado that his experience with Outsourcing made him better equipped to understand how to bring jobs back to the United States. He is now trying to brand himself the champion of the Middle Class, as proclaimed by the banner behind him with which said "For a Stronger Middle Class".

Looks to me like a "Believe what I say, not what I have Done!" kind of approach.

From "Democracy Now" Obama calling it Fairy Dust at 4 Minutes into todays headlines, immediately followed by Romney trying to turn a negative into a positive. http://www.democracynow.org/2012/8/3/headlines#833

Romney Suggests Outsourcing Experience Will Help Him Win Back U.S. Jobs

Republican candidate Mitt Romney was in Colorado. In an apparent effort to confront the Obama campaign’s focus on his links to shipping U.S. jobs overseas, Romney suggested his familiarity with outsourcing makes him well poised to return jobs to the United States.

Mitt Romney: "I understand how businesses decide to grow, when they decide to shrink, why they decide to go overseas, how they decide to come back here. I understand what it takes to get America working again. I understand that it is small businesses that create jobs in America, that people create jobs, not government, and I am going to get America working again."

Mystic

Mystic's picture
Mystic

Comments

Some businesses go wherever the cheapest cost is for doing business.

Probably lowering U.S. wages to 50 cents an hour so we could compete with the Chinese would do the trick. How that would effect the foreclosure market might be another story.

Retired Monk - 'Ideology is a disease"

polycarp2

Obama is already doing the private sector job growth. As a matter of fact that's all that's been growing.

If the gov't growth had been allowed the same level as all other republicans had during a recession the unemployment would be below 6%. Reagan grew govt in recession, GHW grew govt, W grew gov't,, the only president to not grow gov't during recession is Obama.

Equities are dead, bonds are dead, it was all a ponzi scheme.

The plan is to steal social security and give you worthless securities to retire on, which means you'l have to work until you''re 84.

Remember the lost decades of Nikkei?, or what about the '60s and '70s before some new products got ordinary people to 'INVEST' in the markets. [the markets that defrauded to the tune of about 20 trillion]

douglaslee's picture
douglaslee

Currently Chatting

The Death of the Middle Class was by Design...

Even in the face of the so-called Recovery, poverty and inequality are getting worse in our country, and more wealth and power is flowing straight to the top. According to Paul Buchheit over at Alternet, this is the end result of winner-take-all capitalism, and this destruction of the working class has all been by design.