Constitutional mandate

4 posts / 0 new

Somebody please tell the Doctor that "The right to vote" is NOT in the Constitution. Period. This is the second time I have heard that baloney from the left. Ed Schultz said the same stupid thing this morning on his show.

It's one thing to endure the left's ponderous,pathetic, endless pounding, on how bad the righties are and another to be misinformed, distracted and/or propagandized by my side. It would be a welcome change to see the left cross the bridge of stone throwing and give the left something to vote for instead of against. The scheme is no different than the crazy right's limitless, infinite, inexhaustible, boundless, untold, immeasurable, incalculable, bottomless, ceaseless, unending, everlasting, constant, continuous, interminable, perpetual, eternal and idiotic lies.

If you want me to vote for Obama, don't insult me. Tell me why I should vote for Obama in spite of the NDAA which suspended what was left of The Bill Of Rights. Give me something positive that might help me ignore Obama's little "kill list" he used to murder 2 US citizens. I can understand the conundrum that creates, but if I'm going to vote for a 21st Century taskmaster rendering me into a brand of "people" (as in American) instead of a citizen let be for something postive.

Stop telling me the right is worse than Obama because the present trend of life in the United States no longer appears to be the one I risked my life for so long ago.

Bumble Bee

Comments

Well, that is true. The right to vote is determined by the states. They just have to apply their determinatons in a manner that is equal. That's all the Constitution requires. It's when the laws are applied unequally that there is a problem.

At one time, only the propertied could vote in the U.S. It was the criteria that was equally applied to every citizen just as residency requirements are.

As to Obama vs. the far right, the choice seems to be:

The same policies applied in a reasonable-sounding fashion vs. an unreasonably sounding fashion. The end result is the same.

QUOTE: By now it should be clear to most Americans that the Democrats and Republicans are corporate-owned parties, and as such they are free to act as they wish, regardless of the political rhetoric they spew.

For example, in 2008 Obama promised Latinos a more humane immigration policy, and then proceeded to deport people more than Bush Jr. did. Obama likewise promised organized labor the Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA), as well as a more pro-labor policy. EFCA was then betrayed and Obama presided over the most anti-labor environment since Ronald Reagan.

When he campaigned, he voiced support for single-payer health care. He promised to renegotiate NAFTA. When he was elected, he declared single-payer health care “off the table” and did nothing about NAFTA. When he campaigned, he denounced Bush’s tax cuts for the rich; as president he extended them.

Let’s not forget Obama’s bank bailouts, Afghan “surge,” free trade deals, domestic spying, pro-corporate “race to the top” education program, etc. When the Wisconsin uprising happened Obama did not even visit the state; when the Occupy movement was being repressed nationally, Obama’s silence implied support for the anti-democratic police actions.

The point is that Obama and the Republicans are in general agreement about the trajectory of this country and strive through various social policies to create a difference that is largely fictional. - Shamus Cooke

Full article here: http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/08/14/why-voting-for-democrats-doesnt-help-working-people/

Retired Monk - "Ideology is a disease".

polycarp2
Quote Bumble Bee:

Somebody please tell the Doctor that "The right to vote" is NOT in the Constitution. Period. This is the second time I have heard that baloney from the left. Ed Schultz said the same stupid thing this morning on his show.

To say that the good Doctor is an apologist for the democratic party would be kind....

Quote Bumble Bee:Stop telling me the right is worse than Obama because the present trend of life in the United States no longer appears to be the one I risked my life for so long ago.

Obama and the right are not mutually exclusive... Hard to imagine anyone governing as far to the right as Obama has been... and get away with it....

A thought provoking and informative read on the reality of which is Obama is: (Hopeless: Barack Obama and the Politics of Illusion) by Jeffrey St. Clair and Joshua Frank

norske's picture
norske

It's pretty clear that a prez no longer rules the roost. I'm not sure just when it occured, but I believe it was in Roger Moore's Capitalism: A Love Story that showed Donald Regan telling Reagan to hurry it up. There are handlers and so on, but when a guy berating a scheme to impoverish the nation while at the same time seating the crooks at his table the aroma is unmistakable.

The political strategy of the media-left is pathetic. If ever their rhetoric about "pushing" Obama to do the right thing had any merit, blacking out any discussion of any better candidate, completely destroyed the strategy. How do you "make him" do anything while stubbornly supporting everything he does?

It's unumaginable that Obama will not be re-elected/re-appointed. Romney would simply incite a national crisis if not wide spread unrest. So, the beat will go on and the same strategy that got the nation into such a deplorable condition will continue down the road of more suffering. We're way past the time of voting for the least disgusting candidate, after all, that's the strategy that got us here.

Bumble Bee

Currently Chatting

Why the Web of Life is Dying...

Could you survive with just half of your organs? Think about it. What if you had just half your brain, one kidney, half of your heart, one lung, half a liver and only half of your skin? It would be pretty hard to survive right? Sure, you could survive losing just one kidney or half of your liver, but at some point, losing pieces from all of your organs would be too much and you would die.